how inteligent is a dragon

geogus

I m wondering how inteligent is a Dragon in ASOIAF world.

In many fantasy scenarios dragons are as inteligent as humns and, in some cases, lot more intelgent than humans.

However i feel that in westeros dragons are inteligent, but limited to animal level, such as dolphins or squids.

It means they would be irretational (not capable of rationality in thinking.

DO u agree guys?

Well, in terms of classification, firstly predatory. That tends to imply certain kinds of intelligence. On the downscale, though, they so far seem to register low in terms of communication and coordination with one another.

I'd say fairly similar to most predatory birds from what we've seen thus far; probably not unlike the ravens in the books.

I agree there would seem to be a lot of depth as yet unrevealed, but based just on what's been displayed so far, not exceptional.

I am on my second read through (about half way through SoS) and it seems to me that dany's dragons are fairly intellent, but more like a pack of wolves or lions. For example when Quentin tries to tame viserion and rheagal, they use a coordinated attack against him. IMO this coordination is a higher level than a murder of crows. Also drogon and dany seem to have a deeper relationship than dany does with the other two. For example when dany finds out about jorah's betrayal, drogon senses her anger and responds to her. In DwD dany and Drogon's relationship grows closer when he takes her from maureen.

I am on my second read through (about half way through SoS) and it seems to me that dany's dragons are fairly intellent, but more like a pack of wolves or lions. For example when Quentin tries to tame viserion and rheagal, they use a coordinated attack against him. IMO this coordination is a higher level than a murder of crows. Also drogon and dany seem to have a deeper relationship than dany does with the other two. For example when dany finds out about jorah's betrayal, drogon senses her anger and responds to her. In DwD dany and Drogon's relationship grows closer when he takes her from maureen.

Im rereading the books and im about the same stage u are.

So we could say that dragons, in the end, are no diferent from other animals, such as wolfs, dogs, dolphins, and so far.

They are beasts and animaals, the only diference is that they get really big and breath fire

I have to agree with this, they are more intelligent than you average Animal, and I wish GRRM would finish WoW so we can see more of them.........

He's playing World of Warcraft instead of writing??? I guess that would explain why the pace of new books slowed down so much after 2004...

/jk

I think they are special like the stark's direwolves

I don't. While Drogon does have a connection to Dany, I think that's due more to imprinting than any supernatural bond. Nowhere in Dany's POV does she have any kind of experience close to what the Starks have with their direwolves, i.e. when they're actually warging them.

Archived