how inteligent is a dragon

geogus

So can cats, if they want to.

as can crocodiles by the way (if you dare, and get to move their Lazy arses

Good point, though if Gregor wasn't dead, I'd also put a "not yet" on him eating children.

I don't think drogon ate the child. they prefer mutton, so they seemed to KNOW humans aren't worth it. after the dragons were released only one person died because he refused to move out

they are smarter than every one thinks

I don't. While Drogon does have a connection to Dany, I think that's due more to imprinting than any supernatural bond. Nowhere in Dany's POV does she have any kind of experience close to what the Starks have with their direwolves, i.e. when they're actually warging them.

I only meant that they are more than the average animal. Not that they are like the trustworthy direwolf who is one with your soul. But they do warn dany when they don't like someone and they seem to be a supernatural blessing. Similar to how the stark's received their wolves from the old gods. Right after the comet appeared dany walked into the flames and became a mother to dragons. Now they aren't a direct parrallel but it is similar that it was fate that they received the animals. So that's why I say they are more than just animals similar to the stark's direwolves.

Your stepmom isn't the bride of fire. Does she have stone eggs? Is there a comet present? Better still, are you a dragon?

I went to school with a guy who often claimed he was a dragon in human form. Not sure to what degree he believed it though, for some reason I didn't talk much with him... his best argument why he was, was that I "couldn't prove he wasn't".

Your stepmom isn't the bride of fire. Does she have stone eggs? Is there a comet present? Better still, are you a dragon?

My spirit animal is the dragon. I have horrible acid reflux(fire in my chest) and I like to hoarde treasures lmao. but you haven't met my stepmother and you have no idea what the egg was like before I hatched from it. As to the comet. Who is to say there are comets every night.

Having had a dog, and currently owning two cats, I wholeheartedly agree. More intelligent, but also way more independent and less likely to listen to you or follow directions.

Actually, according to most studies I've seen, that's false.

Ironically, typical cat behaviour (independance, aloofness, etc.) vs. typical dog (needing attention, excitable, wanting to please) are interpreted as a cat being more intelligent because, in humans, that's how we tend to read those things. Dogs are forever running around doing 'dumb' things, cats are cooly sitting back and raising an eyebrow at that dumb dog and his goings on.

But that's a perception through a flawed assumption. Neither being is anywhere near human intelligence, so behaviour prompts to our recognition of intelligence are just superfcial misdirection.

According to brain-size to body-size and expected need to sustain bodily functions for that size quotient (EQ), the standard means with which we compare contrasting species for 'intelligence', dogs rank quite a bit higher. Additionally, when it comes to complex action functionalibility, dogs also rank much higher. Hence, no seeing-eye cats, or 'police cats' or the like. And when it comes to the compexity of social behaviour, again a key in making this distinction, dogs again outperform cats.

And although the distinction is higher when contrasting domesticated versions of these species, it also applies to the wilder forms. Coordination for cat-species as hunters is impressive, but wild dogs and linked species are even more advanced. (When they hunt, primates even more so, continuing to fit into the EQ scale that ranks animals along the lines we'd expect; humans, then apes, then dolphins, then elephants, etc.)

I love both animals, and have owned a cat but never a dog, so I don't have a horse in his race, but the evidence that dogs are smarter than cats is pretty telling, and even more interesting is the reflections of human behavior' (as we perceive them) that fool us into thinking it's the reverse. Cool cat vs. 'yup, we're going to the zoo, yup yup' dog.

Archived