Arrow

Myrddin

It was a solid second episode. There's still some questions out there...such as, how no one is catching who Ollie is with just a low pulled hood, and yes I know suspension of disbelief and all, but really? What happens when someone who knows him really well takes a look...

In any case...Kelly Hu remains fun. I hope she sticks around as a good villan for while...though who is she supposed to be? Shado?

It was a solid second episode. There's still some questions out there...such as, how no one is catching who Ollie is with just a low pulled hood, and yes I know suspension of disbelief and all, but really? What happens when someone who knows him really well takes a look...

In any case...Kelly Hu remains fun. I hope she sticks around as a good villan for while...though who is she supposed to be? Shado?

I read it on another board that she's China White. Doesn't mean anything to me since I haven't read the comics but that's what others said.

And I've already ignored the hood. I can't fathom how people wouldn't recognize him or his voice so instead of worrying about it, I'm just going to go with it.

And I've already ignored the hood. I can't fathom how people wouldn't recognize him or his voice so instead of worrying about it, I'm just going to go with it.

It isn't worth sweating over, true. But it's the one thing that jumped out at me initially.

I'm actually more interested in what happens with the body guard. There's got to be something there with him...he's going to have to help somehow, right?

Ah. I'm not am expert on Green Arrow comics in general, though I know there's been some good ones out there. It sounds like the show is borrowing from this one though...

It isn't worth sweating over, true. But it's the one thing that jumped out at me initially.

I'm actually more interested in what happens with the body guard. There's got to be something there with him...he's going to have to help somehow, right?

Ah. I'm not am expert on Green Arrow comics in general, though I know there's been some good ones out there. It sounds like the show is borrowing from this one though...

Yea, that's what people said.

As for the bodyguard, definitely going to be an Alfred like character who will help Ollie in his alter ego. At least I think so. I like how he is already sussing him out though why there was no backlash from Ollie choking him out is beyond me.

I did the same. If you know a good place to watch it online, lemme know please.

Full episodes are available on the CW's website.

I'm enjoying the show. It really is very Batman Begins-esque: Dead billionaire father, son inherits, wants to take down the baddies that (essentially) caused Daddy's death, love interest who's a lawyer that's always going after the same baddies that you are, play the jerk to hide the fact that you're actually a superhero now etc...

But I'm okay with all of that because Batman Begins is awesome and the guy who plays Oliver is super hot.

Full episodes are available on the CW's website.

I'm enjoying the show. It really is very Batman Begins-esque: Dead billionaire father, son inherits, wants to take down the baddies that (essentially) caused Daddy's death, love interest who's a lawyer that's always going after the same baddies that you are, play the jerk to hide the fact that you're actually a superhero now etc...

But I'm okay with all of that because Batman Begins is awesome and the guy who plays Oliver is super hot.

Awesome. Thanks!

Liking it so far. Yeah, it's cheesy and derives a lot from Batman, but it's a good block of cheddar cheese unlike the fetid Velveeta that is Revolution. I think the dynamic between the sister and Oliver is halfway decent. Sure she's a poor little rich girl but no matter what your circumstances, losing your dad and your brother when you're twelve years old and then your mom is a self-serving two-faced bitch would throw any kid into a tailspin. I am really curious as to what happened on that island. There's a fair amount of suspension of disbelief but to kick a dead horse, far more believable than all electricity in the world going out and staying out.

I didn't like the second episode as much. But that might be because I had to watch it on the CW website and their commercials on there were REALLY annoying.

Looks like we were right about Ollie not being along on the island. That last flashback scene was pretty cool.

We're going to need some better villains at some point soon, I think.

your mom is a self-serving two-faced bitch would throw any kid into a tailspin.

I wish they'd done things a little differently with the mom. I'd rather have had another way of introducing her as a villain (maybe a name on Ollie's list). Instead, showing her admit to sending men to kidnap and torture her recently resurrected son at the end of the pilot was a forced hook. And, given the network, the fact that she's been set up as a long-term villain doesn't really inspire confidence in me. Way too likely to be dragged out, questionable redemption and all. Overall, though, I'm enjoying the show for what it is and think the initial setup's been pretty good.

Ok, I just finished watching the second episode. Very well done.

I liked how the "villain of the week" is only the side show, not the formula for a procedural storyline. The confrontation on the pier ended about 15 minutes before the end, leaving plenty of time to continue the story and work in a fantastic ending flashback.

The body guard should be a excellent ally whenever Ollie decides to trust him. Is there a DC character equivalent to him?

Looking forward to tomorrow night.

The body guard should be a excellent ally whenever Ollie decides to trust him. Is there a DC character equivalent to him?

I don't know of anyone but I was never that big of a Green Arrow fan and I checked out of the comics scene about 12-13 years ago, so there could be somebody new that I am not familiar with.

I'm enjoying this show quite a bit. The action has been good and I like how they are dropping the clues on his island stay and what really happened.

As to the point about his disguise being just a hood, isn't that often the case with superheroes? I mean honestly, how did Lois Lane never figure out that Superman and Clark Kent look a lot alike? There was a joke about this in The Green Lantern. I understand that it is BS in a way, but it doesn't bother me all that much.

Good episode? (without spoiling for me)

I liked it. I think they're doing compelling things with Mama Queen. She's clearly no angel, having her son kidnapped, but you can't help rooting for her relationship with the daughter.

We're also seeing the beginnings of Laurel as Black Canary. I predict she's in fishnets by the end of the season.

Archived