#1 Mya Stone

Mya Stone

Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:48 AM

Premieres tonight, and I can not wait.

It's set in an asylum in Western Ma (where I'm from) in the 1960s. Featuring Jessica Lange as the head nun, Joseph Fiennes as the head priest, James Cromwell as a doctor, Zachary Quinto as a psychiatrist, Evan Peters (Tate from American Horror Story) as an inmate who may be wrongly accused of murder, Chloe Sevigny as sex-addicted patient, and Sarah Paulson as a reporter.

Mo Ryan has a lot of good things to say about the first two episodes, which is exciting. I'm truly hoping this avoids the Ryan Murphy penchant of "shows with a lot of promise going off the deep end in season 2." I think maybe he found a way to avoid that by creating a new world with new horrors for each installment.

Edited by Mya Stone, 17 October 2012 - 07:51 AM.

#2 Raskolnikov

Raskolnikov

Council Member

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:25 AM

Chloe Sevigny is "Shelly the Nymphomaniac." lolwut. Really looking forward to this!

#3 MisterOJ

MisterOJ

One Commitment, One Passion, Only One Heart

• Members
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:36 AM

*whew*

Oh, thank God. When I saw this thread pop up, I was afraid it had premiered last night and I missed it.

#4 red snow

red snow

Prince of Procrastination

• Members
  • 7,473 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:09 AM

Looking forward to it and intrigued/apprehensive of how using the same actors for completely different characters works. Wondering if the new title sequence will be as cool/creepy as last season too.

#5 Ferrum Aeternum

Ferrum Aeternum

Council Member

• Members
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:10 AM

*whew*

Oh, thank God. When I saw this thread pop up, I was afraid it had premiered last night and I missed it.

Same. This is one that's flown a bit under the radar for me but it looks like an awesome concept. Will definitely tune in tonight!

#6 WrathOfTinyKittens

WrathOfTinyKittens

Snuggly, with claws

• Members
  • 4,114 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:50 AM

Playing kickball tonight but will catch it tomorrow.

I'm interested in how paranormal this season will be. I hope there's just as much ghostly fun as the first season and that we get a similarly creepy intro sequence where all the slides end up having an explanation.

#7 Mya Stone

Mya Stone

• Members
  • 7,500 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:01 PM

Looking forward to it and intrigued/apprehensive of how using the same actors for completely different characters works. Wondering if the new title sequence will be as cool/creepy as last season too.

They released the first five minutes on Facebook last week, complete with the title sequence, and I have to say its every bit as creepy as the original. /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

#8 Isis

Isis

too pretty for that

• Members
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:13 PM

I've seen the trailer a few times now and I'm feeling a bit 'hmmmm' about it tbh. Red snow will have to vet it for me and report back (after he's watched Grimm!).

#9 Scion of Valyria

Scion of Valyria

Council Member

• Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:30 PM

I've seen the trailer a few times now and I'm feeling a bit 'hmmmm' about it tbh. Red snow will have to vet it for me and report back (after he's watched Grimm!).

During the first season, I remember thinking it took some missteps halfway through and started to veer down the Way to Fucking Insane highway, and then really pulled it together for the final stretch. Definitely one of the more satisfying endings to any television show as of late, and I think each season being a complete arc is the best way for this show to survive.

Suffice to say, I'm very excited for the new season. A haunted insane asylum in New England in the 1960s? How can it possibly not rock?

#10 Mya Stone

Mya Stone

• Members
  • 7,500 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

Suffice to say, I'm very excited for the new season. A haunted insane asylum in New England in the 1960s? How can it possibly not rock?

That's the thing, though...it's not haunted, not really. Just some really atrocious things are supposed to happen there, but a ghost story this season is not. /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

#11 WrathOfTinyKittens

WrathOfTinyKittens

Snuggly, with claws

• Members
  • 4,114 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:29 PM

Damn!

#12 Mya Stone

Mya Stone

• Members
  • 7,500 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

Damn!

Eh, it's still supposed to be pretty effing scary. Maybe even scarier.

#13 WrathOfTinyKittens

WrathOfTinyKittens

Snuggly, with claws

• Members
  • 4,114 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

Yeah, and I'm still looking forward to it. But I've always liked good ghost stories, shows, and movies. Paranormal Activity (for example) is a creepier movie to me than, say, The Strangers.

#14 the maid of woodlynne

the maid of woodlynne

HRH Spam Queen

• Members
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

I gave up on season one after about 4 or 5 episodes. I'm sure you guys can talk me into giving season one another shot but at the time it just felt like it was trying too hard to be weird for weirdness' sake. And that wasn't enough to hold my interest. But once I heard this is a totally different story I found myself all sorts of interested. DVRing and crossing my fingers.

#15 Scion of Valyria

Scion of Valyria

Council Member

• Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

That's the thing, though...it's not haunted, not really. Just some really atrocious things are supposed to happen there, but a ghost story this season is not. /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Luckily, removal of "haunted" doesn't diminish my anticipation of it by very much. Is it a definitive fact that the spooky supernatural shit will be absent, or is that just the general consensus from all the info we have on it?

#16 Mya Stone

Mya Stone

• Members
  • 7,500 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

Luckily, removal of "haunted" doesn't diminish my anticipation of it by very much. Is it a definitive fact that the spooky supernatural shit will be absent, or is that just the general consensus from all the info we have on it?

There is supernatural shit, just not ghosts like the first season. I won't spoil what I've heard about the supernatural aspects specifically.

There is more of a focus on human horrors There is a serial killer named Bloody Face, for example, who uses the skin of the women it kills as a mask. (Ugh. Just typing that makes me squeamish.)

Edited by Mya Stone, 17 October 2012 - 08:12 PM.

#17 kairparavel

kairparavel

space-age polymer

• Members
  • 5,025 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

It puts the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose again.

And how awesome that the lead in to the season premiere is Twilight: New Moon? Heh.
I'm recording it to watch on the weekend.

Enjoy!

#18 Tears of Lys

Tears of Lys

No crying, only whining

• Members
  • 13,177 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:09 PM

Thanks for this reminder! Almost missed it. Yes, the opening sequence is every bit as skeery as the first season's. This show scares me soooo much more than The Walking Dead I can't even say.

Yeah, first season had a few goofy episodes, but on the whole it was awesome, and the ending was one of the best I've seen on any series ever.

#19 Bastard of Boston

Bastard of Boston

Council Member

• Members
  • 709 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:53 PM

Interesting how they're incorporating Sci-Fi elements into the show this season. Really like the idea of using the same actors in different roles. It's going to be an adjustment, but I love the idea of it.

#20 Mya Stone

Mya Stone

• Members
  • 7,500 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:09 PM

That was appropriately crazy.

I'm hooked. And creeped out.

Reply to this topic