Whose Chapters Do You Think Contain the Most Symbolism?

Little Wing

Not only because seems a fairy tale (Red..-Hound/Wolf).

Even the symbolism are in the song of Florian and Jonquil and in the thoughts of Sansa about the youth of Florían (Sandor is 26-7 years old.) (it suggests that he is the true lover), and too as a trip into the subconscious of Sansa and the reflect of the relationship between Sansa and The Sandor=Wolf/Hound

(protector and predator at the same time) and the hidden feelings of Sansa for him.

Even in the movements of both, the location..:

("caromed into him and lost her balance...... Iron fingers caught her by the wrist before she could fall...."It's a long roll down the serpentine, little bird. Want to kill us both?..to finally follow her down the steps)

It seems to be talking about feelings, playing with the idea of fall (in a very messy way- "long roll down the serpentine") and falling in love, that implies the destruction of both as a separate individuals, to take a only path (of the serpentine) and be toghether.

What a novel !

GRRM Is a awesome writer .. !

(For me) The most symbolic is the chapter that appears not to be. This one:

The chapter of the serpentine (Sansa) begins:

"Come to the godswood tonight, if you want to go home"

(¿Which fairy tale remains you?) :cool4:

-The chapter, by the way, is full of duality-

What do you want?" Sansa demanded.

"Will milady be wanting a bath tonight?"

"A fire, I think . . . I feel a chill." She was shivering, though the day had been hot.

"As you wish."

Go to bed....

Then, when Sansa (Little bird/prey) takes the path of the godswood (more exactly:"She flew along the river walk") in the serpentine- she :

She was racing headlong down the serpentine steps when a man lurched out of a hidden doorway. Sansa caromed into him and lost her balance. Iron fingers caught her by the wrist before she could fall, and a deep voice rasped at her. "It's a long roll down the serpentine, little bird. Want to kill us both?" His laughter was rough as a saw on stone. "Maybe you do." The Hound. "No, my lord, pardons, I'd never." Sansa averted her eyes but it was too late, he'd seen her face. "Please, you're hurting me." She tried to wriggle free.

"And what's Joff's little bird doing flying down the serpentine in the black of night?" When she did not answer, he shook her. "Where were you? "

"The g-g-godswood, my lord," she said, not daring to lie. "Praying . . . praying for my father, and

. . . for the king, praying that he'd not be hurt."

"Think I'm so drunk that Id believe that?" He let go his grip on her arm, swaying slightly as he stood, stripes of light and darkness falling across his terrible burnt face. "You look almost a woman . . .

face, teats, and you're taller too, almost . . . ah, you're still a stupid little bird, aren't you? Singing all the songs they taught you . . . sing me a song, why don't you? Go on. Sing to me. Some song about knights and fair maids. You like knights, don't you?"

He was scaring her. "T-true knights, my lord."

(the duality again , True Knight=True Lover/Predator)

"True knights," he mocked. "And I'm no lord, no more than I'm a knight. Do I need to beat that into you?" Clegane reeled and almost fell. "Gods," he swore, "too much wine. Do you like wine, little bird? true wine? A flagon of sour red, dark as blood, all a man needs. Or a woman." He laughed, shook his head. "Drunk as a dog, damn me. You come now. Back to your cage, little bird. I'll take you there. Keep you safe for the king." The Hound gave her a push, oddly gentle, and followed her down the steps.

Not only seems a fairy tale with Dontos=LF/Sandor=Hound/Wolf as predators.

Even the song Sandor/Florian (as true lover), and besides like a metaphor of the hidden attraction of Sansa for Sandor ( man of hidden door).

man of hidden door= hidden man ....Maidenhood...the man of the maidenhood?

Sandor the man of the Maidenhood of Sansa?

Could be a pun with Sansa and Sandor?

Har! That's a cool anagram - never noticed...

Maester Cressen's chapter of course

Oh, do you mean the burning of the Seven specifically? I know I've seen threads on how there's foreshadowing in the order which the gods were burned or something to that effect...

Oh, do you mean the burning of the Seven specifically? I know I've seen threads on how there's foreshadowing in the order which the gods were burned or something to that effect...

Red commit, Patchface, Shereen, burning of the Seven, everything Melisandre says. The chapter is just one symbol after the other.

What that means True wine that Sandor offers to Sansa ..

Is that wine could be symbolic?

Could be emotions? I´m not sure:

"Do you like wine, little bird? true wine? ...red, dark as blood, all a man needs. Or a woman"

Sandor is more drunk of emotions that of alcohol, but..

What does it mean for you:TRUE WINE?

:o I certainly hope not... I still think the word true here is important, especially if we know that in vino veritas -- people usually tell the truth when they've had too much wine, as the Hound did in that scene. There is an undertone of danger, he mentions blood - I think that he wouldn't hurt Sansa, although maybe a part of him would... he may not know how to express his emotions without being violent - violence is all he knows.

They will take /will drink/together something that is red and dark and That's:

"all a man needs. Or a woman."

Dark/Red as blood(I think the Dark/RED colour is used by GRRM as a synonim of something very potent (Strong, very powerfull: That's"all a man needs. Or a woman." (RED- DARK, deep or/and very intimate(DARK, and in the meaning of blood inside the body, something flowing-true wine- flowing in the dark ,very potent. But blood is not blood ..Is: (True Wine),

Sandor will drink her blood too.

Sandor will take her blood. How?

The blood not is blood itself,or seems imply something more than solely blood.

Is something more but i can´t explain what it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived