5 replies to this topic

#1 Westeros

Westeros

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

For those of you who’d like to more easily browse the A Song of Ice and Fire forum on your mobile iOs device, some good news: Invision has now made their Invision Power Board app entirely free of cost.
It works both for the ASoIaF forum and any other Invision Power Board-based forum (at least those that are upgraded to IPB 3—possibly it’ll work with IPB 2 forums as well), and is quite easy to use.
And if you want something a bit more fully featured, or your mobile device runs Android or Blackberry, there’s Tapatalk. It supports a wide variety of forums, so long as they have the Tapatalk plugin installed (as we do). The app itself costs a small fee, but we have a number of forum members who enjoy it, so it’ worth a try if the IPB app isn’t to your taste or not available for your device.

Visit the Site!

#2 morillo

morillo

Commoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

I just tried it several times for iPhone and I am having a hard time using it.
I added a Forum ASoIF with URL http://asoiaf.westeros.org and the same username and password I use here with no luck.
Deleted the app and install it again and same unsuccessful results.
/bang.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':bang:' />

#3 Ran

Ran

King o' the Board

• Administrators
  • 31,457 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

It can be tricky. Make sure that the username is your login name and not your display name (though it may be they're one of the same, I don't know). Also if for some reason you are messing up on the password, after three failed attempts it will lock you out for ten minutes (but not actually tell you this).

#4 redriver

redriver

And Joramun blew the Horn of Winter......

• Members
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:26 AM

Amazon can download their Appstore app to my phone,in Ireland but they can't download Tapatalk for "geographical reasons."

Go figure.

#5 LuisDantas

LuisDantas

Morituri Delendi

• Members
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:11 AM

So far I utterly failed to make the IPB app work. Tapatalk has dropped its price to just under a dollar, however, and it _does_ work fine.

#6 Zupoleon

Zupoleon

Capo di Tutti Capi

• Members
  • 882 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

Downloaded Tapatalk yesterday, works really well. Although I noticed that my notifications for followed threads are still waiting for me on the website even though I have viewed them through Tapatalk. Not a deal breaker, but a bit of a nuisance to have to mark notifications "read" when they already have been...