Tyrion Lannister is Sansas perfect match

Pellaeon

No. Just no. I think Sansa deserves something that is better than both of them. And I don't think Sansa needs to be saved. She is developing the skills that will allow to take care of herself.

No. Just no. I think Sansa deserves something that is better than both of them. And I don't think Sansa needs to be saved. She is developing the skills that will allow to take care of herself.

:agree:

I didn't even read your reply before I posted, but you pretty much summed up everything I said.

Omg...Sansa doesn't deserve Tyrion OR Sandor. She can do better than both of them. Why is it necessary to pair her with someone anyway? :bang: :bang: :bang:

Because:

The farmer's in the dell

Only GRRM can tell

Hey-ho-the-derry-o!

Who with whom will dwell.

Dany's meant for Jon

Or maybe she's for Vic

Hey-ho-the-derry-o!

She can take her pick.

Sansa's stuck on Sandors

She's not going to stand for

Hey-ho-the-derry-o!

LF's delusions of grandeur.

Gilly and Sam are rearin'

Another woman's bearin'

Hey-ho-the-derry-o!-

While Val is Jon a-speatin'.

We fans can take our picks,

But to get a real fix

Hey-ho-the-derry-o!

Wait until book six.

Poor Sansa gets paired with everyone. I'd like her to do some more developing on her own; I find her fascinating as "Alayne", though we know she is still truly Sansa in her heart.

I think Tyrion would be an awful match, notably worse than SanSan (but better than Littlefinger/Sansa, I guess... which is not saying much. At all.).

Neither Tyrion nor Sandor deserve Sansa. Both are murderers, rapists and and twice of her age. She deserves better.

Sandor is a ruthless killer, sure, but he's no rapist. At least there hasn't been a single mention of him raping anyone in the entire series. Yes, he makes that loathsome comment to Arya, but that doesn't make him a rapist.

I think that both Tyrion and Sandor are possible matches for Sansa, in the context of these stories. In fact, if I were going to bet on it, I would bet that they will both be matches for Sansa--first Sandor, in some heroic kind of way, and then he will die, and then it will be Tyrion.

In fact, the more people argue against the "logic" of a Sansa-Tyrion match, with arguments like, "she doesn't love him, she hates Lannisters, etc." the more I think it will happen.

It is absolutely true that--as things stand now-- Sansa is not in love with Tyrion. She regards him as "kind", but is utterly repulsed by his looks. That's exactly why I think they will end up together. George Martin writes in sharp, 180 degree turns. The more people argue that she doesn't love him, could never love him, the more I think that Martin will take us on a roller coaster ride, and that Sansa will love him in the end.

Are these "_______ is Sansa's perfect match" threads this going to be like the "______ is Syrio Forel" threads? Because those were fun while they lasted.

Topic: Sansa/Tyrion is by far the least popular pairing in fandom. From what I can tell, Sansa fans hate it; Tyrion fans hate it; and non-Sansa/non-Tyrion fans find the whole thing creepy and gross as a matter of principle. In fact, the only way I can see this pairing panning out in canon is if GRRM deliberately set out to piss off the largest segment of fandom possible. It would be the ultimate fandom troll. (Like, LOST series finale-level troll.)

Poor Sansa gets paired with everyone.

Yeah, poor kid. She seems to be the designated Fandom Bicycle for this series (SanSan, Jon/Sansa, Jaime/Sansa, Harry/Sansa, Aegon/Sansa, Mya/Sansa, Margaery/Sansa, Cersei/Sansa, Willas/Sansa, Robb/Sansa, Pod/Sansa...the list goes on. And on.)

I hadn't thought of it before but I agree Pod looks like good husband material - just looking at his acceptance and respect for Brienne he is clearly more open minded than most people in Westeros and loyal too.

Pod would be good husband material; he seems like a good egg. Many members of the younger generation seem to be essentially good and decent, even sweet (Edric Dayne, Gendry, Edric Storm, Shireen, Pod, Tommen, Myrcella, etc.); of course, maybe that's because they haven't had time yet to be warped and twisted the way some of the older characters have been.

The shipping is not about "who is best for Sansa", it is about ourselves.

True, that. What we ship says more about ourselves--our issues, ideals, favourite stories, kinks, preferences, ideas about relationships--than about the text in question. It's kind of funny to look at somebody's favourite fandom pairings if you know them well, because it can tell you a lot about that person.

Tyrion would be perfect if....he wasn't a Lannister, so bleedin' ugly, working for Dany, and a few other minor things.

I don't look at their former life together as a real indicator. They are not the same people they were then, but I don't think the people they are becoming are compatible either.

It's neither here nor there, but I seriously contest the assertion that Sansa is of above-average intelligence. (Nor does Tyrion seem particularly interested in having an intelligent partner, as long as she's sufficiently beautiful. I don't get the impression that Tysha, the supposed love of his life, was at all clever. Pretty, sure, but intelligent?)

Which makes me go :ack:

Well, at least it's not Arya. (It sort of makes sense, though; most fanfic writers as far as I can tell are women in their teens, twenties, and occasionally thirties, and they're more likely to identify with Sansa than, say, Daenerys, so it makes sense she'd be the focal point of so many of the fanfic pairings.) "Fandom Bicycle" is a pretty gross term, though, I agree.

Who here has ever felt personally victimized by Regina George Cersei Lannister?

Hahaha. Mean Girls of Westeros FTW.

And Joramun blew the Horn of Winter, and woke giants from the earth.

I'm pretty sure there was a similar quote in the last Sansa/Tyrion thread, but ha! You win the thread.

Getting back to the topic, though, the thing that always struck me as interesting about Sansa and Tyrion getting married is that there is so much foreshadowing in the books, especially for pretty much everything else that happens to Sansa (the Hound eventually demanding his song from Sansa in ACOK, Littlefinger's involvement with/sexual interest in Sansa) but this event is not foreshadowed at all. It kind of comes out of nowhere, actually. The other plot twists in the books that seem on first reading to "come out of nowhere" are actually heavily foreshadowed: the Red Wedding, Ned's execution, Jaime being crippled, the attempt on Jon's life. The result is that Sansa and Tyrion's wedding/marriage sticks out, since the books are so chock-full of foreshadowing in all other respects, but not with this; it's almost like a "blind spot."

Both endure humiliation by Cersei and others.

"Being mistreated by Cersei" is casting the net pretty wide. I like the idea of a support group. Maybe they can ring up Falyse and Jaime to attend meetings?

Seriously, though, I actually do think there are a lot of interesting parallels between Tyrion and Sansa, even putting aside their marriage altogether. They're both hauled to the Vale essentially as prisoners, two books apart, and Lysa tries unsuccessfully to have both of them killed (and it would have been through the Moon Door in both cases). That's way, way, way more specific than "humiliated by Cersei." There are no other characters of whom those particular Lysa/Vale facts are true. They also watched their fathers die (Tyrion because he killed Tywin), and were the only ones of their siblings to do so (although Arya heard the execution even if she didn't see anything). In their AFFC/ADWD arcs, they assume responsibility for the care of a younger, naive, innocent type who requires their protection, "mirrors" them in some significant way (Sweetrobin, who loves stories and lemoncakes/Penny, a dwarf), and who is likely to die (Sweetrobin is very ill and is being poisoned/it's hinted that Penny is ill at the end of ADWD). Both were simultaneously "demoted" in ACOK from their highest positions of power (Sansa as Joffrey's fiancee, Tyrion as Hand). Both Sansa and Tyrion were at one point in ASOS the (believed) technical heirs to their respective houses, and have both since been disinherited. Littlefinger (chessmaster number one) helps Sansa flee King's Landing. Varys (chessmaster number two) helps Tyrion flee King's Landing. And so on.

It doesn't mean anything as to compatibility or their eventual pairing, of course; there are a lot of interesting Cersei/Margaery parallels, and I don't think that means that Cersei and Margaery are likely to hook up in the long run (as spectacular as the hatesex would probably be, LOL). One thing the Tyrion/Sansa parallels do seem to highlight is the relative agency Tyrion has enjoyed in the story compared to Sansa (even though of the two of them, Tyrion's the one who wound up as an actual slave). Sansa unknowingly sets off a chain of events which leads, despite all her efforts, to her father's death, and, ultimately, the collapse of her house. Tyrion murders his father knowing full well what he's doing, which seems to be leading to the collapse of his house. Sansa, even though she's on board with the bastard scheme, just sits there and nods, basically, while Littlefinger contrives a backstory for Alayne Stone. Tyrion comes up with his own backstory for Hugor Hill, complete with well thought-out detail. Tyrion uses his wits to invoke a trial by combat and thereby escape from Lysa; Sansa would have been murdered by Lysa had it not been for Littlefinger's intervention. And so on.

Archived