Belfast - Easter (formerly Christmas) MiniMoot 2013

Qthulhu

I think we'll have to postpone this, given the protests and moreover it seems most of us can't really be there for a full night.

I'll amend the thread title. On the plus side, maybe rescheduling will be better for people who weren't even able to go in the first place?

Hi - just an update. We have been advised at work that there may well be trouble across central Belfast on Friday and Sat nights. So as I've a sick son at home I don't want to get caught up in traffic hold-ups. Sorry!

But it seems you've postponed anyway so that's fine. Maybe after Xmas?!

• 2 months later...

Actually I was just about to start a thread to say I will be in Belfast this Saturday 16 March. I know it is short notice but if anyone is around I'd love to have a Minimoot somewhere Saturday evening.

As an incentive I can say that you'll be amongst the first in the know about plans for TitanCon 2013 :)

Notice is too short for me this time but can anyone come along to these meetings?

and does "plans for Titancon 2013" mean it's going to happen? :) Titancon 2012 was my first ever convention (does that mean I finally came out of my geek closet?) had a wonderful day and I'm really looking forward to the next one! :)

Well I can't 100% confirm TitanCon will definitely happen but lets just say it is looking a lot more likely now than it was a couple of weeks ago, and I will know more by this Saturday.

And yes all A Song of Ice and Fire / Game of Thrones fans are welcome to come along to any BWB meet ups, whether they are in Belfast, London, New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Melbourne, Sydney, wherever. The BWB is a very welcoming and friendly group to newcomers and old friends alike.

And people who have been to TitanCon are especially awesome in my book, so yes :)

Cool that's all good news then :) As I said last year via email to you I'm more than happy to jump on your extras panel this year also if you need any more peeps, during the extras part last year I probably chatted almost as much as the panel did anyhow ;)

Yes I have managed to pick the worst possible weekend to try to organise this for. Something near Queens University might be good for me if that's any help but Robinson's works just as well if that area is better for you and Giant transport wise.

Not sure if anyone else will be joining us.

Archived