Does Catelyn still trust Littlefinger at the end of ACoK?

Volantis

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

She has no reason to distrust him. She only remembers him as the boy he was. She hasn't seen him since she married Ned and moved to Winterfell so she has no idea of his double dealings and plotting in KL. She has good reason to hate the Lannisters because of Lysa's letter, Bran being pushed out the window, the attempt on his life after Ned had been made Hand of the King. Obviously she's not going to believe anything the Lannisters tell her and Littlefinger is devious in his plots and schemes. He's not going to announce his plots to the world now is he? If Ned and Cat had spent time in KL over the years maybe it might have been a different story as they would have heard and seen things at close quarters and have a better idea about all the power plays in KL.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know if it's just a translation issue (I'm reading the series in Portuguese) but I haven't seen anything on Cat chapters that explicitly names Ned as her first man, or denies Littlefinger's intentions or even his success. It's clear he's taken Lysa's though.

Either way, I don't think she would believe Jaime or Tyrion more than her childhood friend Petyr. IIRC Ned hadn't talked to Cat about Littlefinger after Bran's room's events

But she's reflected about how Jaime and Tyrion hadn't met after Bran's fall and how that makes it impossible for them to have planned it. She isn't really a naive character so I would stand for Cat knows Petyr lied. However, there's the Cersei question still.

I, too, have just finished aCoK for the first time. Hope I can get aSoS soon

Archived