Watch the Season 3 Teaser

Westeros

Bit surprised they gave Selyse the line. I don't really think of her as that important a character...

Tara Fitzgerald is a reasonably well known actress, so her casting was a clear sign that the character will have a bigger role in S3. It also gives Stannis more to do.

And yes, definitely sounds like her.

I believe it is SoS, Chapter 36 (Davos), when he has an audience with Stannis in the Map Table room after being removed from...his less-than-comfortable chambers on Dragonstone. Stannis relates the words of Melisandre to Davos in the book, but I have a feeling they have transferred this tidbit of information to Selyse for the show.

Anyone else bummed that they're giving Selyse a bigger role? I get the requirements of TV drama argument, but I REALLY dislike Selyse as a character. I am hoping to see her bite it (by fire!) in WoW.

It is chapter 37, Davos.

"It is the great battle His Grace is speaking of," said a woman's voice, rich with the accents of the east. Melisandre stood at the door in her red silks and shimmering satins, holding a covered silver dish in her hands. "These little wars are no more than a scuffle of children before what is to come. The one whose name may not be spoken is marshaling his power, Davos Seaworth, a power fell and evil and strong beyond measure. Soon comes the cold, and night that never ends." She placed the silver dish on the Painted Table. "Unless true men find the courage to fight it Men whose hearts are fire."

The teaser ..--That seems is, condensed.

Odd, Melisandre says 'Men', nothing about a woman marshaling the powers of the East, a woman with dragons.

Some things, maybe Mel does not see?

Melisandre gets an A+ in being able to see prophetic images that will come to be but a D- in being able to interpret accurately what any of these images actually mean.

She's tied her cart to Stannis which should have been the first indicator that she's not perhaps the best judge of endgames.

Could it be Val?

A little early to be hearing so much from her, no? But I so hope it is now that you've said it! And they have (maybe) cast her, so perhaps they're giving her more to do this season than just sit around in Mance Rayder's tent.

That's not Carice van Houten, not in a million years. Has to be Selyse.

Slightly disappointed with the teaser, expected something badass by Mance.

That'd be amazing for a teaser, from the beginning I was expecting as well something of him... Which speaking of that, does anybody know if there's a date already for the next teaser?

I'm glad they're giving Stannis more to do (so it seems, at least). He's going to be the one of the biggest characters for the next few seasons so they need to get people to root for him.

That'd be amazing for a teaser, from the beginning I was expecting as well something of him... Which speaking of that, does anybody know if there's a date already for the next teaser?

Everyone is expecting before or after the finale of Boardwalk Empire, which is in two weeks.

The words sound like Melisandre, but the voice and accent definitely do not, I think.

Yes those would be Melisandre words.... reworded.

That voice , does it happen to be Dame Enid Diana Elizabeth Rigg ?

(I don't quite hear the same duskiness of Tara ... but there is a kind of Shakespearean actor's eloquence , and we know who that would be.)

Its not confirmed, but odds are Stephanie Blacker is playing Val.

I don't think that's her talking though. I suspect it was Quaithe talking in the teaser (which was nice, though I wish it was a 30 second thing instead of a 15 second one).

She's very pretty... with darker hair I can picture her as Val all suited in white.

But I agree with those that said this wasn't much of a tease... but I'm happy with even a 15 second clip to get giddy about.

Archived