Comics IV

Sci-2

I reckon x-23 will "die" in AA but it will be a ruse that she concocts with one of the others to escape. With her healing factor it will turn out she's almost impossible to kill anyhow.

Yeah, didn't Wolverine come back from being bits of meat stuck to his shiny skeleton?

eta:

Speaking of the Justice League, why cant Batman just call up his overpowered hero friends and have them deal with The Joker if he's such a goddamn threat?

Heh, this is the ultimate question in the DCU and Marvel. Why doesn't Zoom just think, "Fuck, I can't kill Flash but I'm gonna punch Batman's face until it looks like Mac & Cheese!"

X-23 is obviously the only character they can't do without, in a way, but I doubt she will be proclaimed the winner of Arcade's games, since everyone is expecting that anyway and half the purpose of this series is to shock readers. So, my guess is she'll be left for dead, maybe even after her confrontation with Hazmat, but then a few months later it will be announced she miraculously survived because this or that deus ex machina.

Yeah, didn't Wolverine come back from being bits of meat stuck to his shiny skeleton?

eta:

Heh, this is the ultimate question in the DCU and Marvel. Why doesn't Zoom just think, "Fuck, I can't kill Flash but I'm gonna punch Batman's face until it looks like Mac & Cheese!"

I think with the adamantium skeleton he is pretty much indestructible - unless you drown him or stick him in a vaccuum. Even then they'd probably find a way.

One of the things I loved about Watchmen is that the two characters that did have the power to just put a stop to everything actually had good reasons for not doing so. I enjoy the team dynamics of Batman hanging out with all the other god level heroes but I also feel it is stupid when he's in the mix with an evil superteam. The avengers film did a good job of having the leser powered characters do smaller scale tasks.

When I think of Flashes powers i often think he's unstoppable with regards to his own rogues gallery. I really couldn't think of ways of telling adventures with him, probably because i think about his power too much.

For what is worth, Bendis subverted this "why they just don't call Thor or Hulk or whatnot when dealing with this low-powered threats" early in New Avengers- the NA go fight the Hand with Daredevil, ahem, Echo as Ronin, Cap. America, Luke Cage, etc...and Iron Man, that wipes them all out in 5 seconds. It was a fun scene.

For what is worth, Bendis subverted this "why they just don't call Thor or Hulk or whatnot when dealing with this low-powered threats" early in New Avengers- the NA go fight the Hand with Daredevil, ahem, Echo as Ronin, Cap. America, Luke Cage, etc...and Iron Man, that wipes them all out in 5 seconds. It was a fun scene.

This reminds me of this British comedy

. I always felt the x-men were a bit more balanced in terms of power sets. Although out of everyone, wolverine seems the weakest a lot of the time but he still looks cool, Even worse when he couldn't use his claws on living things in the cartoons.

When I think of Flashes powers i often think he's unstoppable with regards to his own rogues gallery. I really couldn't think of ways of telling adventures with him, probably because i think about his power too much.

With Flash I sorta understood his limitations. He can't go light speed all the time or he disappears into the Speed Force.

One could also flip it and assume he can only call on the Speed Force a limited amount of time before he needs to recharge.

Although they're admittedly corny, I recall one versus battle discussed where it was Flash vs. Wolverine and one person noted that all Flash needs is his light speed and a carrot peeler.

It's a shame there won't be more Mitchell & Webb Look. Well, we still have Peep Show. I love those guys.

I always felt the x-men were a bit more balanced in terms of power sets. Although out of everyone, wolverine seems the weakest a lot of the time but he still looks cool, Even worse when he couldn't use his claws on living things in the cartoons.

In the old days, Wolverine had to take a day off to regenerate from injuries. These days it's like he gets meat from Meat Dimension. He could actually be a good source of food for countries with famine. If they like Canadian bacon.

Hell, just the Bat-family should be enough to handle the Joker. They are like 6 people at the peak of their abilities with ridiculous amounts of gadgets. Even the Joker shouldn't "realistically" be able to handle that.

In the old days, Wolverine had to take a day off to regenerate from injuries. These days it's like he gets meat from Meat Dimension. He could actually be a good source of food for countries with famine. If they like Canadian bacon.

Didn't Deadpool feed Archangel bits of his own flesh in one of the early Uncanny X-Force issues?

. I always felt the x-men were a bit more balanced in terms of power sets. Although out of everyone, wolverine seems the weakest a lot of the time but he still looks cool, Even worse when he couldn't use his claws on living things in the cartoons.

The most balanced team is the FF, I think. Reed is the least powerful, but he compensates with a big brain. The X-men often have a lot of powerful guys, but there's also the likes of Kitty Pryde and Angel.

The most balanced team is the FF, I think. Reed is the least powerful, but he compensates with a big brain. The X-men often have a lot of powerful guys, but there's also the likes of Kitty Pryde and Angel.

Once the Invisible woman got her invisible force fields it was balanced, I agree. I guess there aren't many D&D comic writers or they'd obsess over power balance on a team a lot more. Hickman may have a bit of that but I guess the team make-up is editorially driven meaning your team already has Wolverine, Spider-man, Captain America and Deadpool on it to begin with. I can only think of a handful of teams by Marvel that doesn't have any of those characters on it (X-forces, FFs and x-factor - any others?)

Once the Invisible woman got her invisible force fields it was balanced, I agree. I guess there aren't many D&D comic writers or they'd obsess over power balance on a team a lot more. Hickman may have a bit of that but I guess the team make-up is editorially driven meaning your team already has Wolverine, Spider-man, Captain America and Deadpool on it to begin with. I can only think of a handful of teams by Marvel that doesn't have any of those characters on it (X-forces, FFs and x-factor - any others?)

Uncanny X-men.

Of course, one would guess that the fact that this was the top selling Marvel book without any of the big 6 would have made Marvel realize that putting this guys everywhere wouldn't work, but, nah.

Uncanny X-men.

Of course, one would guess that the fact that this was the top selling Marvel book without any of the big 6 would have made Marvel realize that putting this guys everywhere wouldn't work, but, nah.

Or they'll think it's Cyclops that people like (probably true) and he'll start popping up EVERYWHERE. Although I wouldn't mind seeing him as an Avenger to be honest. We'll probably have Cap and Wolverine turn up in new uncanny on alternate issues to remind us of how bad Cyclops is.

Fearless Defenders (that's the title right, the all girls team?), Guardians of the Galaxy (I think) and a couple of the X-teams (Aoa, X-Treme X-men and so on).

By the way, does the mention of Boom Boom in Cable & X-Force mean that we're gonna get a ditzy, blonde addition to the seemingly super-serious team?

Captain America will probably be cross-dressing in Fearless defenders and I count alternate universe Wolverine's as wolverine still but Guardians is pretty flagship and doesn't have the big four in it. By the time the film comes out Rocket Raccoon will be in several titles and have his own solo book, hopefully,

But the alternate Wolverine's is so much more interesting than the regular one. After all one of them is evil and the other is gay.

Gay wolverine? Sounds interesting but could also be a train-wreck. Hopefully he's more imaginative than just heading straight for Northstar although I guess they'd be keeping it Canadian.

Gay wolverine? Sounds interesting but could also be a train-wreck. Hopefully he's more imaginative than just heading straight for Northstar although I guess they'd be keeping it Canadian.

Gay Wolverine with golden claws even. He seemed interested in Hercules I think, and as a Hercules will probably be in the next issue it might be explored more.

Archived