299 replies to this topic

#1 Daenerys is my queen

Daenerys is my queen

Dany's Bannerwoman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

I didn't see a TVD topic so I started one. Apologies if there already is one and I just missed it. So...let's talk about TVD. Who are your favorite characters, favorite ships, etc. Basically just talk about anything TVD related whether it's how much you love a character (but try not to hate at least too much /lol.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />) or what you thought of the latest episode. I'll go first of course. /lol.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Favorite characters: Elena,Damon,Caroline,Jeremy,Rebekah
Favorite ships: Delena,Klaroline,Steferine

And I love love loved the last episode. /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

#2 Kobayashi Maru

Kobayashi Maru

Devil Made Me Do IT

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:28 PM

I love the show. It's not the most artistic and high quality show out there but I'm hooked and I love it. Got hooked somewhere in the middle of the first season (remember the tomb /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> ) and will watch it to the end. Was in love with Damon from his first scene. Always taught Stefan was meh,too boring and way too old to past as high school kid. Don't hate Elena,don't understand Elena hate,wtf ppl? Girl's cool. Loved her real father, too bad he passed away too soon,he always had some interesting gadget (vampire killing dagger) or some interesting story from Gilbert history. Who do I want to see together,well Damon and Elena of course. And judging by the look of next week episode I might get my wish. Although if previews ever did teach me anything it is never to expect what they show to be true. They are probably teasing us and wont give us Delena at least until midseason finale. Hope this is just cynic in me and they get hook up real soon. Don't care for Claus,don't get his hybrid obsession,don't want him with Caroline,come on he killed Elena's aunt in front of her. Love,love,love Elija,please give us some more. Love this seasons plot line with the cure,finally some show/story where being a vampire is not a goal but something you want out of. Love vampire Caroline,human C was stupid and shallow. Bonnie is a little all over the place,just witchy deus ex machina. I think she'll fall for professor guy. Vomit. Last episode was cool except the part where they were cool to kill another being to save Elena,come on ppl,that's just too "not ok". That's it in a nutshell,just to start the topic,I'm not obsessed or anything /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Edited for spelling,never again I'll type this much on my phone.

Edited by Kobayashi Maru, 22 November 2012 - 06:10 AM.

#3 Daenerys is my queen

Daenerys is my queen

Dany's Bannerwoman

• Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

I love the show. It's not the most artustic and gihg quality show out there but I'm hooked and I love it. Got hooked somewhere in the middle of the first season (remember the toomb /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> ) and wull watch it to the end. Was in love with Damon from his first scene. Always taught Stefan wa meh,too boring and way too old loong to past as highschool kid. Don't hate Elena,don't understand Elena hate,wtf ppl? Girl's cool. Loved her real father too bad he pasd away too soon,he always had some interestong gadget (vampire killing dagger) or some interesting story fron Gilbert history. Who do I want to see together,well Damon and Elena ofcourse. And judging by the look of next week episode I might get my wish. Althoug if previews ever did tech me anything it is never to expect what they show to be true. They are probably teasing us and wont give us Delena at least until midseason finele. Hope this is just cinik in me and they get hook up real soon. Don't care for Claus,don't get his hybrid opsession,don't want him with Caroline,come on he killed Elena's aunt in frontof her. Love,love,love Elija,please give us some more. Love this seasons plotline with the cure,finaly some show/story where being a vampire is not a goal but something you want out of. Love vampire Caroline,human C was stupid and shalow. Bonie is a little all over the place,just witchy deus ex machina. I think she'll fall for professor guy. Vomit. Last episode was coolmexept the part where they were cool to kill another being to save Elena,come on ppl,that's just too not ok. Thats's it in a nutshel,just to start the topic,I'm not obsessed or anyhing /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Yeah, Stefan's blah. XD I hope Delena will get together soon. /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
I hope Bonnie doesn't get with the professor guy. He seems evil. Xd

#4 Kobayashi Maru

Kobayashi Maru

Devil Made Me Do IT

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:15 AM

Yeah, Stefan's blah. XD I hope Delena will get together soon. /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
I hope Bonnie doesn't get with the professor guy. He seems evil. Xd

Wanna bet he's that powerful witch he talked about. Or he wants to free him and needs Bonnie for that.

And also I love Mat,I can see why Rebecca is interested,just because he's human,there are like two left in MF now Jeremy is one of the five hunters. I can see Klaus making him kill vampires or hybrids over and over again just to get the map. One thing I don't get is why did the hunter kill the council? the were after the same thing wright?

I miss Alarik /sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

#5 Darth Visenya

Darth Visenya

Sith Sorceress of Dragonstone

• Banned
  • 3,979 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:40 AM

Its such a bad show and yet I cant help continuing to watch it to see what happens.

#6 Daenerys is my queen

Daenerys is my queen

Dany's Bannerwoman

• Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:52 AM

Wanna bet he's that powerful witch he talked about. Or he wants to free him and needs Bonnie for that.

And also I love Mat,I can see why Rebecca is interested,just because he's human,there are like two left in MF now Jeremy is one of the five hunters. I can see Klaus making him kill vampires or hybrids over and over again just to get the map. One thing I don't get is why did the hunter kill the council? the were after the same thing wright?

I miss Alarik /sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Yeah, he probably is one of those things.
I love Matt too. He's awesome. And I am so freaking mad that Jeremy's a hunter. I don't want him to have to kill vampires. Cause he knows that they're not all bad. His sister is one for goodness sakes! I sorta ship Matt/Rebekah but I doubt it will happen. Oh well. The hunter killed the council? /huh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' /> No he didn't. That crazy priest guy killed the council. I mean he could have been working with the hunter but /dunno.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':dunno:' />
I miss Alaric so much too. It's so sad when Damon remembers him. I miss their bromance. /crying.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':crying:' />

#7 Kobayashi Maru

Kobayashi Maru

Devil Made Me Do IT

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

Yeah, he probably is one of those things.
I love Matt too. He's awesome. And I am so freaking mad that Jeremy's a hunter. I don't want him to have to kill vampires. Cause he knows that they're not all bad. His sister is one for goodness sakes! I sorta ship Matt/Rebekah but I doubt it will happen. Oh well. The hunter killed the council? /huh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' /> No he didn't. That crazy priest guy killed the council. I mean he could have been working with the hunter but /dunno.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':dunno:' />
I miss Alaric so much too. It's so sad when Damon remembers him. I miss their bromance. /crying.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':crying:' />

I must have mixed everything up. Priest did kill the council but I may have connected it with the Hunter because him and priest were both in contact with professor. I don't want Mat and Rebeca together she tried to kill him and Elena,come on /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

#8 Frey Buffet

Frey Buffet

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

I started watching it a few weeks ago. /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> Decided to give it a go after seeing a bit on telly and I thought it didn't look that trashy. Been hooked ever since! Although unfortunately the clip I saw first was from season 4 so I've known Elena's general fate from day 1 haha.

Absolutely love Damon! I really hope Elena ends up with him in the end. Even though realistically she should hate his guts for turning her real mother into a vampire, turning her friend's sister into a vampire, being mean to Caroline, trying to kill her real dad, trying to kill Jeremy etc. etc. /rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> Love is blind eh.

I think Caroline is my favourite character so far. /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> She was annoying at first but she makes a great vampire! I like Elena, Elijah, Damon and Alaric too.

Also any scenes where characters are pretending to be 'high' or 'stoned' or whatever are so cringe-worthy. I hated Jeremy in his druggie phase!

Edited by Mawk, 22 November 2012 - 11:48 AM.

#9 Tagganaro

Tagganaro

I know SUN TZU hrurrr jizz everywhre.

• Members
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

I think it's actually a fantastic show, one of the best on TV imo. Which almost seems weird to say for a CW show. But yeah, this show is vampires done right. Surpisingly dark and gory when it needs to be, with a good emotional center and for the most part logical plotting and good villains. I think the secondary characters are amazing. Candice Accola is awesome as Caroline, Alaric was pure awesomeness, and I'm beginning to really like Matt as well. Rebekah and Elijah were awesome too. Klaus is the only character that kind of annoys me- He's just around too much and lost much of his menace because he's always hanging around because apparently the writers/producers just like the actor too much.

As for this season, Connor the vampire hunter was one of the most badass villains I've seen on tv, I was actually pissed he died because he was great. Hopefully it gives Jeremy something to do though since he really has been an afterthought since his vampire girlfriend died in season 1. I thought he was pretty hilarious last episode though when they asked him if he would kill a vampire, and he's just like "Sure, give me a stake and I'll kill Damon right now!". Awesome. Pretty much any scene with Damon/Matt/Jeremy is automatically amazing at this point, although still not nearly as legendary as the Damon/Alaric bromance, which I love that they call out every episode now with Damon still grieving over losing his drinking buddy.

I find Bonnie to be incredibly tedious though, one of the only misfires for the series, and I just can't get behind any story involving her. It'll be good if they finally go the route I think they're going to go and have Bonnie be all Dark Willow. As a character though, I really don't get how they can write Bonnie the way they do sometimes. She's more plot exposition device than character, a magical fixit to move plot along. I don't get why a high school girl would be ok with hanging out with a creepy professor who admits to hypnotizing her for long periods on end. That's really creepy haha.

Anyway, I look forward to what happens. I'm beginning to think that story creepy Professor was telling will be the new big bad, the guy named Silas who is apparently a vampire and a witch. I'm guessing (just a guess), that the map that shows up on the vampire hunters body doesn't lead to a cure but leads to Silas's tomb, and the creepy professor wants to free him.

#10 Daenerys is my queen

Daenerys is my queen

Dany's Bannerwoman

• Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:14 PM

I must have mixed everything up. Priest did kill the council but I may have connected it with the Hunter because him and priest were both in contact with professor. I don't want Mat and Rebeca together she tried to kill him and Elena,come on /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I think the priest and the hunter are connected definitely. It'll be interesting when we find out how- if we find out that is.
True about Rebekah, but come on this is TVD. If people didn't get with people because they killed them or their loved ones then almost everyone would be single. /lol.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

I started watching it a few weeks ago. /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> Decided to give it a go after seeing a bit on telly and I thought it didn't look that trashy. Been hooked ever since! Although unfortunately the clip I saw first was from season 4 so I've known Elena's general fate from day 1 haha.

Absolutely love Damon! I really hope Elena ends up with him in the end. Even though realistically she should hate his guts for turning her real mother into a vampire, turning her friend's sister into a vampire, being mean to Caroline, trying to kill her real dad, trying to kill Jeremy etc. etc. /rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> Love is blind eh.

I think Caroline is my favourite character so far. /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> She was annoying at first but she makes a great vampire! I like Elena, Elijah, Damon and Alaric too.

Also any scenes where characters are pretending to be 'high' or 'stoned' or whatever are so cringe-worthy. I hated Jeremy in his druggie phase!

Yay, another Delena fan! Yeah Damon's done some bad stuff. But he's changed since then. /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
And I'm glad Jeremy's druggie phase is long over. I thought it was pretty annoying as well.

I think it's actually a fantastic show, one of the best on TV imo. Which almost seems weird to say for a CW show. But yeah, this show is vampires done right. Surpisingly dark and gory when it needs to be, with a good emotional center and for the most part logical plotting and good villains. I think the secondary characters are amazing. Candice Accola is awesome as Caroline, Alaric was pure awesomeness, and I'm beginning to really like Matt as well. Rebekah and Elijah were awesome too. Klaus is the only character that kind of annoys me- He's just around too much and lost much of his menace because he's always hanging around because apparently the writers/producers just like the actor too much.

As for this season, Connor the vampire hunter was one of the most badass villains I've seen on tv, I was actually pissed he died because he was great. Hopefully it gives Jeremy something to do though since he really has been an afterthought since his vampire girlfriend died in season 1. I thought he was pretty hilarious last episode though when they asked him if he would kill a vampire, and he's just like "Sure, give me a stake and I'll kill Damon right now!". Awesome. Pretty much any scene with Damon/Matt/Jeremy is automatically amazing at this point, although still not nearly as legendary as the Damon/Alaric bromance, which I love that they call out every episode now with Damon still grieving over losing his drinking buddy.

I find Bonnie to be incredibly tedious though, one of the only misfires for the series, and I just can't get behind any story involving her. It'll be good if they finally go the route I think they're going to go and have Bonnie be all Dark Willow. As a character though, I really don't get how they can write Bonnie the way they do sometimes. She's more plot exposition device than character, a magical fixit to move plot along. I don't get why a high school girl would be ok with hanging out with a creepy professor who admits to hypnotizing her for long periods on end. That's really creepy haha.

Anyway, I look forward to what happens. I'm beginning to think that story creepy Professor was telling will be the new big bad, the guy named Silas who is apparently a vampire and a witch. I'm guessing (just a guess), that the map that shows up on the vampire hunters body doesn't lead to a cure but leads to Silas's tomb, and the creepy professor wants to free him.

/agree.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':agree:' />
TVD is a great show, as you said one of the best.
I was actually happy when Connor died. I really hated him. But that IMO just means the writers are doing their job right. /wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
The writers definitely need to give Bonnie better writing. I don't get why she's ok with hanging out with that professor either. He's so creepy. That's an interesting theory. That would be a great twist as well. And it would put an end to this cure nonsense. /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

#11 Frey Buffet

Frey Buffet

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

It's quite refreshing that recurring characters get killed off regularly too - makes it more realistic and stuff. Killing Jenna in particular was a bold move. No one is safe!

#12 Kobayashi Maru

Kobayashi Maru

Devil Made Me Do IT

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

I think it's actually a fantastic show, one of the best on TV imo. Which almost seems weird to say for a CW show. But yeah, this show is vampires done right. Surpisingly dark and gory when it needs to be, with a good emotional center and for the most part logical plotting and good villains. I think the secondary characters are amazing. Candice Accola is awesome as Caroline, Alaric was pure awesomeness, and I'm beginning to really like Matt as well. Rebekah and Elijah were awesome too.

Yes,I agree,secondary characters imo are making this so interesting,otherwise all that love triangle plot would've gotten old long time ago.

Klaus is the only character that kind of annoys me- He's just around too much and lost much of his menace because he's always hanging around because apparently the writers/producers just like the actor too much.

Also agree.I blame it on the build up. We had half of the season of "oh beware the biggest the baddest and vampiriest of all the vampires is coming and he has some super cool/dark agenda" but it turned out he's not the biggest and the baddest because he was made by witches and can apparently be unmade by them so they are better than him.Also he's not even a vampire but a hybrid. It didn't help his big plan turned out to be nothing more then getting some followers(because mommy and daddy didn't love him).I don't know I was expecting more. Also Elija was introduced so nicely,Klaus as a followup was meh. Love the actor though,he's doing a ok job and that accent is soooo .... /drool.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drool:' />

As for this season, Connor the vampire hunter was one of the most badass villains I've seen on tv, I was actually pissed he died because he was great. Hopefully it gives Jeremy something to do though since he really has been an afterthought since his vampire girlfriend died in season 1.

It was so panefulIy obvious they didn't know what to do with his character so they ended up sending him to other town,very lame and lazy.

thought he was pretty hilarious last episode though when they asked him if he would kill a vampire, and he's just like "Sure, give me a stake and I'll kill Damon right now!". Awesome. Pretty much any scene with Damon/Matt/Jeremy is automatically amazing at this point, although still not nearly as legendary as the Damon/Alaric bromance, which I love that they call out every episode now with Damon still grieving over losing his drinking buddy.

I do miss some bromantic scenes those two provided.

I'm pretty sure there is a cure,don't know where this Silos guy fits in though. But new baddie is way overdue,Klaus was getting stale.I'm even sure Elena will go back to being human at one point but I have theory she'll come back changed not the same old Elena anymore.Something like that.

True about Rebekah, but come on this is TVD. If people didn't get with people because they killed them or their loved ones then almost everyone would be single. /lol.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Everyone except Mat,I'm sure he would have someone,he's just too good to be true.

#13 Daenerys is my queen

Daenerys is my queen

Dany's Bannerwoman

• Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

It's quite refreshing that recurring characters get killed off regularly too - makes it more realistic and stuff. Killing Jenna in particular was a bold move. No one is safe!

It's so sad though. But it does keep us on our toes. /tongue.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

I'm pretty sure there is a cure,don't know where this Silos guy fits in though. But new baddie is way overdue,Klaus was getting stale.I'm even sure Elena will go back to being human at one point but I have theory she'll come back changed not the same old Elena anymore.Something like that.

Everyone except Mat,I'm sure he would have someone,he's just too good to be true.

I hope there's no cure. It would be freaking pathetic if Elena becomes a vampire and then becomes human again. I would be so freaking mad at the writers. It would be a freaking waste of a story. (Sorry, I'm just very against Elena being cured. I think being a vampire helped Elena grow into herself just like it did for Caroline and if she became a human again she would forget the compulsion and that would be freaking stupid and I would be so freaking mad at the stupid writers if they did that. Ok, rant over. Sorry about that. /blushing.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blushing:' />

He hasn't been with anyone since Caroline and he's pretty much the only human in town. Well, Jeremy's human but.....oh and so is April. Maybe Matt will get with April. I could be ok with that. /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

#14 ZombieWife

ZombieWife

Council Member

• Members
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

Guilty pleasure for sure! A very BIG fresh of breath air compared to the serious close-faced talking and dead-eyed acting of the Twilight franchise.

I remember a friend telling me to try the series and I kept rolling my eyes and making excuses. Finally, I tried it. Was pretty much hooked within a few episodes. Nice blend of pacing and storytelling.

My only big grumps are the "First Ones" in general. Klaus annoys me, has always annoyed me, always will annoy me. How many times do I have to hear, "If you don't do what I say, I'll kill everyone you love?"

The Salvatore brothers are awesome. Great job by the actors playing off one another.

I also miss Katherine. Who wouldn't? :=)

I'm cool with a cure. I'm not into Elena as a vampire for some reason. I know it will probably give her a chance to be with Damon for a while, but she'll always go back to Stefan. I keep wondering why Stefan can't take the cure himself? He if wants so badly to live a life with Elena?

Edited by ZombieWife, 22 November 2012 - 06:04 PM.

#15 Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano

Council Member

• Members
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

I haven't watched it, but a few friends have recommended it to me.

I don't really like the Twilight kind of vampires, and the whole lovey-dovey stuff makes me roll my eyes constantly. I really hate what the series has the done to the portrayal of vampires...they're supposed to be creepy, blood sucking monsters, not fairies! And don't even get me started on the werewolves...

I prefer a darker, grittier tone. Something like Underworld and True Blood.

So, what do you guys think? Should I bother watching this show?

#16 ZombieWife

ZombieWife

Council Member

• Members
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

Alex,

Here's the thing . . . there is the love aspect of it, especially at first when Elena meets Stefan. But, that's pretty much where the whole similarity to Twilight ends, imho. (And keep in mind that the book series that the Vampire Diaries is based on was released, what, in the early 1990s).

But, it does go dark at times, yes. Not underworld goth dark. Not super gritty, though, but I can see it being similar to True Blood in some aspects, especially with the love story(s) developing and such. Think Smallville in terms of teen drama (and relationships), but honestly? I don't mind that (as a 40-something woman, it's an aspect of the show that comes with the territory).

I prefer gritty stories as well with my vampires. "Near Dark" is one of my all time favorite vampire movies and that was pretty damn gritty. I loved The Lost Boys (yeah for 80s wonderfulness!), "The Hunger," which was more chic vampire though still bloody as hell and you get to see Catherine DeNeuve and Susan Sarandon get it on.

I'll put it this way . . . the Vampire Diaries is perfect for the CW. You think of the CW, you think of these "workhorse" shows that gain a nice fan following, stuff like Supernatural (which definitely has gritty/dark moments), Smallville (now deceased) and the new Arrow. It's not Game of Thrones, no, or The Walking Dead. It has teens. And they're interesting. Far more interesting than the 90210/gossip girl shows (imho). Elena can be a bit of perpetual do-gooder, but over time even that starts to change. /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

It's on Netflix streaming, I believe. Worth a shot, imho. I was dubious at first and now I'm pretty hooked. Got a few skeptics hooked as well.

All of this said, if you're one of those folks who takes EVERYTHING super seriously and must be drowned in constant angst and dystopia . . . probably not your thing. /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Here's a taste: http://youtu.be/72Tuuna9trM

Edited by ZombieWife, 22 November 2012 - 07:39 PM.

#17 Daenerys is my queen

Daenerys is my queen

Dany's Bannerwoman

• Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

Guilty pleasure for sure! A very BIG fresh of breath air compared to the serious close-faced talking and dead-eyed acting of the Twilight franchise.

I remember a friend telling me to try the series and I kept rolling my eyes and making excuses. Finally, I tried it. Was pretty much hooked within a few episodes. Nice blend of pacing and storytelling.

My only big grumps are the "First Ones" in general. Klaus annoys me, has always annoyed me, always will annoy me. How many times do I have to hear, "If you don't do what I say, I'll kill everyone you love?"

The Salvatore brothers are awesome. Great job by the actors playing off one another.

I also miss Katherine. Who wouldn't? :=)

I'm cool with a cure. I'm not into Elena as a vampire for some reason. I know it will probably give her a chance to be with Damon for a while, but she'll always go back to Stefan. I keep wondering why Stefan can't take the cure himself? He if wants so badly to live a life with Elena?

Klaus can get annoying sometimes.
Damon is awesome. Stefan....I can't talk about Stefan without breaking my no hate rule so I'll just shut up.
Elena better freaking not go back to freaking Stefan! That would break Damon's heart and make her Katherine 2.0. And she's not like that. And I'll just shut up now before I go off on a Stefan rant. /leaving.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':leaving:' />

#18 ZombieWife

ZombieWife

Council Member

• Members
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

I like Stefan, but I'm a bit "over" the whole Stefan and Elena thing to be honest. I liked him better as "the ripper." /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

#19 Daenerys is my queen

Daenerys is my queen

Dany's Bannerwoman

• Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:47 AM

I like Stefan, but I'm a bit "over" the whole Stefan and Elena thing to be honest. I liked him better as "the ripper." /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I've been over Stelena for a while xD. I don't like Stefan as anything /lol.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

#20 Kobayashi Maru

Kobayashi Maru

Devil Made Me Do IT

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:55 AM

I haven't watched it, but a few friends have recommended it to me.

I don't really like the Twilight kind of vampires, and the whole lovey-dovey stuff makes me roll my eyes constantly. I really hate what the series has the done to the portrayal of vampires...they're supposed to be creepy, blood sucking monsters, not fairies! And don't even get me started on the werewolves...

I prefer a darker, grittier tone. Something like Underworld and True Blood.

So, what do you guys think? Should I bother watching this show?

Well if you are not hooked after 5 episodes (or 6) you wont be hooked at all. So it's easy to give it a shot just wathc couple of episodes,and it gets better with each one.

Stefan and Elena got old two seasons ago /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> And "I don't see any point of Klaus except as someone who threatens everybody and everybody fears. No character development since he killed his father.

I want Mat and Caroline back together still didn't get over that /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> what can I say...

And Elena's most prominent feature is that she's a human,so I want her back in no blood mode. /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Edited by Kobayashi Maru, 23 November 2012 - 01:59 AM.

Reply to this topic