Would you be upset if the HBO writers have to come up with their own ending?

chuck norris 42

There is no way that will happen. The production schedule is already so tight that 5 writers (Benioff, Weiss, Cogman, Taylor and Martin) can just write 10 episodes per year, there is no way that one person could get 10 scripts out in the time HBO wants them to.

Well I wasn't really being serious about that.

You know I have always puzzled over the title of novel 7 "A Dream of Spring" , because the way things are set now , all hell is about to break out in the East and at the Wall in The Winds of Winter.

I fully expect the Other's army to breach the wall and Westeros to finally become aware it has totally the worst common enemy. I am figuring the battle at Meereen will be a really big dust up.

Then Dany and allys (if such happens) will have to turn West.

If the Others are making headway the East may have to help and a big Ragnarök.

(Except George may have Bran turn the whole thing into a shaggy dog story!)

One can never out guess GRRM , but it looks as if the climax of the series comes next novel.

"A Dream of Spring" is what?

I will have to read the speculation on these forums.

I wouldn't put too much stock in titles. I mean, in ADWD there was supposed to be a... dance with dragons? Right? An allusion to the Dance of the Dragons of Westeros history, i.e. inter-Targaryen conflict of some kind, presumably between Aegon and Daenerys. In an old interview Martin said something along the lines of "Dany will reach Westeros in ADWD". Well, we all know how that turned out, don't we?

So, whatever Martin planned for future novels is probably out of whack to a degree, and titles don't necessarily correspond to content. Besides I have a hunch there'll be an eighth novel. Bearing in mind it will take some time to reach the intended conclusion of ADWD (North+East+Dany's arrival), I just can't fathom how he'll wrap everything up in a book and a half.

I wouldn't put too much stock in titles. I mean, in ADWD there was supposed to be a... dance with dragons? Right? An allusion to the Dance of the Dragons of Westeros history, i.e. inter-Targaryen conflict of some kind, presumably between Aegon and Daenerys. In an old interview Martin said something along the lines of "Dany will reach Westeros in ADWD". Well, we all know how that turned out, don't we?

So, whatever Martin planned for future novels is probably out of whack to a degree, and titles don't necessarily correspond to content. Besides I have a hunch there'll be an eighth novel. Bearing in mind it will take some time to reach the intended conclusion of ADWD (North+East+Dany's arrival), I just can't fathom how he'll wrap everything up in a book and a half.

I know what you mean about the titles.

There was a lot of tortured rationalizations about ADWD's title vs content , when it came out.

A lot of 'well it's people with a drop of dragon's blood' interacting, and there is some... but , lord, the dragons were almost 'off page'.

I don't know I guess GRRM had to give himself and his publisher some 'aim points' and the content just did not work out that way.

Just my personal opinion Feast of Crows does not work for me as well thought out title for that novel.

• 3 months later...

In the case where the show ends before the books, then I'd rather it had it's own ending instead of spoiling what's to come in ASOIAF. Sure it would end up as a less faithful adaptation, but without the books to go by, the ending could never be 100% faithful anyway and GRRM is bound to change details during the writing process.

As long as the conclusion is a satisfying one, then why spoil the ending for the book readers when the people who just watch the show would be happy either way?

Archived