Notable Releases
From the Store
Game of Thrones Pop! Television Jon Snow Figurine
Game of Thrones Pop! Television Jon Snow Figurine
HBO US
Featured Sites
License Holders

Photo

Was Littlefinger playing Cersei at her own game?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 SlackBladder

SlackBladder

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

While Cersei was trying to get Osmund Kettleblack to seduce Margaery, he seems to be trying really hard to get with her. Since we know the Kettleblacks are working for Littlefinger I was wondering if it was part of LF's plan to frame Cersei by having her sleep with one of the Kingsguard.

#2 Crown

Crown

just another soldier on a road to nowhere

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:59 AM

Wait, the Kettleblack are working for Littlefinger? Did I miss something?

#3 SlackBladder

SlackBladder

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:58 AM

Wait, the Kettleblack are working for Littlefinger? Did I miss something?

At the end of A Storm of Swords Littlefinger tells Sansa that he has the Kettleblacks in his employ.

#4 Crown

Crown

just another soldier on a road to nowhere

• Banned
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

At the end of A Storm of Swords Littlefinger tells Sansa that he has the Kettleblacks in his employ.

I totally missed that, thanks.

#5 Ser Skuall the Wolfheart

Ser Skuall the Wolfheart

Commoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

Wow I had no idea the Kettleblacks were being employed by Petyr.
Now it makes sense as to why he was telling Alane (Sansa) that Cersei might screw herself up without much effort from Petyr's scheming.

#6 Lion of Judah

Lion of Judah

Lions Never Cower.

• Members
  • 5,161 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

Yes he is, he's playing everybody.

#7 Dark Roamer

Dark Roamer

Commoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

He plays them all, along with a couple more of them (Illyrio, Varys,...).
The Game of Thrones is played from behind the curtains /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

#8 Foune

Foune

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

He plays the whole realm, he is unstoppable.

#9 Claire of House Thorpe

Claire of House Thorpe

Hedge Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

He's a player, and he plays everyone for saps.

#10 Leojapo

Leojapo

Commoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

It is said that Littlefinger had Oswell Kettleblack sent his three sons to King's Landing to work for him, but it's also said that he doesn't trust them very much.

#11 Lady Sapphire

Lady Sapphire

Commoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

As for framing Cersei by setting her up to sleep with one of the Kingsguard, it doesn't seem like that would really be such a big deal. Cersei is after all widowed and (presumably?) free to sleep with someone at this point without getting into trouble for sleeping around per se. The bigger punishment would probably fall on the Kingsguard brother for forsaking his vow (remember Lucamore the Lusty?). Littlefinger may have encouraged the Kettleblacks to try to get with Cersei for the purpose of getting close enough to her to inform him of whatever plans she may be cooking up.

#12 vjott

vjott

Sellsword

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

As for framing Cersei by setting her up to sleep with one of the Kingsguard, it doesn't seem like that would really be such a big deal. Cersei is after all widowed and (presumably?) free to sleep with someone at this point without getting into trouble for sleeping around per se. The bigger punishment would probably fall on the Kingsguard brother for forsaking his vow (remember Lucamore the Lusty?). Littlefinger may have encouraged the Kettleblacks to try to get with Cersei for the purpose of getting close enough to her to inform him of whatever plans she may be cooking up.

Fornication is a sin that the Faith will not tolerate, plus although it was alright for Robert, according to the times it's not alright for Cersei because she's a woman and social norms and expectations seem to be very prejudiced against women. Also don't forget, she armed the Faith after Maegor disarmed them because they were stirring up trouble. If she didn't allow the Faith to take up arms, chances are she wouldn't be in the situation she's in at the end of A Feast For Crows

#13 Lady Sapphire

Lady Sapphire

Commoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:39 AM

The hard-line attitude of the Faith has been a pretty recent development, and Cersei's re-militarizing of the Faith is even more recent, relative to Littlefinger's strategizing within King's Landing anyway.

It took a severe and brutal lashing of that Kettleblack guy (osney, I think) before he told the truth to the septons about his role in Cersei's plans and the fact that they, um, fornicated. It seems like he was all in with Cersei's plan and thought it was a sweeter deal than whatever he may have had going with Littlefinger. Otherwise, he probably would have been happy to divulge the secret of their fornication after just a few lashes, if he was knowingly participating in framing/revealing her as a fornicator.

#14 ~Shiera Seastar~

~Shiera Seastar~

The Unsunburnt, Slayer of Lice, and Breaker of Chins

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

While Cersei was trying to get Osmund Kettleblack to seduce Margaery, he seems to be trying really hard to get with her. Since we know the Kettleblacks are working for Littlefinger I was wondering if it was part of LF's plan to frame Cersei by having her sleep with one of the Kingsguard.

It is possible, and kinda amusing, too. Littlefinger pays them with gold, while Cersei pays them with sex. The Kettlebacks win, until they messed up Cersei's plan. Littlefinger seems to get the benefits at the end.

#15 lavalam-003

lavalam-003

Commoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:17 AM

I dont think Littlefinger will end up being as cunning as everyone thinks. I think at some point Sansa is going to catch on to him and be the oen to bring him down,
Spoiler