anyone ever frustrated by Lyanna's character?

Kuther2000

Does anyone ever feel frustrated about Lyanna's character especially in comparison to Arya? This is just my opinion and there isn't a right or wrong answer. It just seems like she is portrayed as the cynic then runs off to live happily with Rhaegar(if true). Ned tells Arya that she will be the mother of knights and princess( not exact wording) Arya says that's Sansa not her. Wouldn't Lyanna say those same things? Lyanna didn't really balk conventions. She did exactly what was excepted got married and had a baby(possibly). We are given a picture of a fierce warrior women who does what she want( seems perfect) but in the end she died in a tower in a foreign land at the age of 16. Are we given a picture of someone smarter than she really was? Any thoughts?

What I'm frustrated about is that I don't know what to think about her. Either she's a total BA who loved Robert or she ran away with Rhaegar or she was kidnapped by Rhaegar. If she ran away with him why not leave a note for her family? If she didn't run away with Rhaegar and was kidnapped then ok. Basically, Lyanna confuses me.

Lyanna is well alike Arya in some attitudes and features.

but it's not that Lyanna is 100% like Arya, Arya is a rebel girl, she wants to be a boy, that's what I think, I think She and Cersei has the same problem, the both of them wanted to be born men

No, Arya wants to choose her own path but she doesn't want to be a boy-seeing as she insists first to Syrio and then to Yoren that she is, in fact, a girl.

Cersei wishes to be a man because she believes that that's the only way to be truly powerful while Arya wants both genders to be treated equally. That is, Cersei wants to be the patriarchy after a lifetime of abuse and Arya wants to end the patriarchy.

OP: it is possible that Lyanna wanted both a family and equality?

Lyanna is well alike Arya in some attitudes and features.

but it's not that Lyanna is 100% like Arya, Arya is a rebel girl, she wants to be a boy, that's what I think, I think She and Cersei has the same problem, the both of them wanted to be born men

Arya doesn't want to be a boy. She just doesn't want to be a lady. Big difference.

No, Arya wants to choose her own path but she doesn't want to be a boy-seeing as she insists first to Syrio and then to Yoren that she is, in fact, a girl.

Cersei wishes to be a man because she believes that that's the only way to be truly powerful while Arya wants both genders to be treated equally. That is, Cersei wants to be the patriarchy after a lifetime of abuse and Arya wants to end the patriarchy.

Then she should've moved to Dorne, i think she would have really liked Oberyn and the Sand Snakes.

Then she should've moved to Dorne, i think she would have really liked Oberyn and the Sand Snakes.

Yes, it would work, hahaha, Women can be in power and be respected in Dorne, that's solution for Arya's problems

she could had tried to Steal Tristane from Myrcella, but now it's too late, Arya's an assassin now

:agree: I have a great respect for Lyanna, I just wish we knew more about her.

I have no love for Lyanna, she did what she wants without thinking of anything else, She just want to be happy and off she go, be happy. She is being put out as one of those fierce, warrior, great horse rider and so on with no brain at the end. Just a woman character that will have baby and die. Nothing else.

I think she was very irresponsible and sellfish to run off with Rhaegar, provided she wasn't actually kidnapped. It's good to fight for equality, unless it results in the deaths of thousands of people.

As for her similarities to Arya, they seem pretty similar but I can't imagine Arya crying while listening to a song.

I have no love for Lyanna, she did what she wants without thinking of anything else, She just want to be happy and off she go, be happy. She is being put out as one of those fierce, warrior, great horse rider and so on with no brain at the end. Just a woman character that will have baby and die. Nothing else.

How do we know she did it without thinking of anyone else? We have no insight into her motivations at this point, only guesswork.

Truthfully seeing how Cersei's life with Robert turned out, even considering her death I think that Lyanna was the more lucky one.

Yeah. In a morbid way, i totally agree.

She's a mix of Arya and Sansa.

Yup. I stand by that Lyanna is actually what Arya and Sansa would be if rolled into one person. She has her rebellious, "fuck the police" side. But she seems to also have a romantic side.

I like Lyanna and i want to know more about her.

How do we know she did it without thinking of anyone else? We have no insight into her motivations at this point, only guesswork.

Ok everyone knows I only get the book from Library so can someone please quote some stuff for me. When she was speaking to ned regarding robert, That implies to me that she did not want to be with robert. So run she goes with Rhaegar without thinking of the consequences. If by any chance Rhaegar at some point says to her, Oh hey wanna become mother of my baby, We have this prophecy and I need another child. Don't you think she will think about it, and not just run off, no what she did is just run off without thinking of others, she did it because she is willful, because she's a spoiled brat. She gets away with anything so she did this thinking she gets away with it too.

Archived