Euron and Victarion Greyjoy

DornishHighlander

Mikkelsen would be perfect but his availability is extremely unlikely. It doesn't make much sense to put that name out there now.

Mikkelsen would be indeed perfect, but I think his Danish accent wouldn't fit so good =/ and you're right, he has his Hannibal show right now =/

IMO Richard Armitage is the way to go for Euron, he is perfect! I'd settle for Mads Mikkelsen, but he wouldn't be quite the same for me. For those who say Armitage would make a good Victarion... Trust me, he's a much better villain.

Victarion I'm not half as fussed about, mainly because I don't think he's a role that requires a unique or edgy performance.

• 1 month later...

I have been entertaining the idea of Mark Bazeley as Euron for some time. In any case, he has very good potential for creating a menacing personality (in the roles I've seen he tends to be), and his voice is just superb. He would work well for the intimidating, yet worldly, slightly stylish persona (a bit in the line of, say, Roose Bolton, with a somewhat rougher edge).

• 9 months later...

I see Alexander Skarsgard as Euron. Look at this picture and tell me you don't see Euron! Put an eye-patch and dye his hair and beard black and he'd be perfect! I also believe he has that "smiling eye" that he's described as having in the books.

http://hqwallbase.com/images/big/true-blood-alexander-skarsgard-wallpaper.jpg

Though, I'm not sure about his age. He's 37. Maybe until Season 5 when they introduce him he might look a bit older, but we'll see. Also, he's no stranger to HBO, as he was in True Blood. If not him, then yes, Mads Mikkelsen would do good.

I do think Ray Stevenson would do good as Victarion, too. But you guys should also consider Tyler Mane. Yeah I know he's Canadian, but he'd be good. Though yeah, Ray Stevenson is the best choice.

Purefoy is the obvious choice for Euron, but he's stated that he's still buttheart over Rome being cancelled so he's not going to do GoT no matter what. A shame about it all. Rome was a great show and James Purefoy is a great actor.

But my second choice would have to be Tommy Gunn.

1. No he was joking, he's being sarcastic: http://winteriscoming.net/2013/01/james-purefoy-says-he-wont-do-game-of-thrones/

2. He has said the show is unmissable: http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2014/jan/20/james-purefoy-favourite-tv

I wouldnt be surprsied if he joined as Euron and Kevin kidd as old griff

Mads Mikkelsen is a great actor but I think would be a bad choice. Euron is insane and a badass, but he's also playful and charming. There is the scence in the book when he has Humfrey Hewett tied up and his wife and daughter serve everyone. Then the bastard daughter of Hewett suggests the idea to make Lord Humfrey's wife and female relatives serve naked before his eyes.

I can imagine Purefoy being sadistic, charming and leery, especially having seen Rome and Following. Not sure Mads can pull it off. He would look too serious and creepy.

Mads Mikkelsen accent is the only problem that I have, I know he has been away from the Iron Islands for a long time but still to change your accent like that doubt it, also remember he is a pretty big actor so it might cost to much to have him. Purefoy would be great as he can be manipulative and charming, and be crazy as seen in The Following. But I recon Dominic West would be the easiest of the lot to get for Euron, he regretted not taking Mance, and the role of Euron wont take that much of a comiitment and wont be to far from his family. As Stephen Dillane mentioned GoT isnt that much of a commitment and Stannis will definitely get a lot more screen time than Euron. So Jame Purefroy or Dominic West would be perfect choice for Euron.

Ray Stevenson would be great for brute Vic, but dont know how Ray would look like in a beard

Archived