Dawn is the blade AA forged to end the long night.

theLongKnight

don´t the nightswatch vows say something like: " .......I´m the sword in the darkness ....." ?

1)In the legend ,I think, AA´s lightbringer breaks 2 times, and then some stuff happens...

2) The nightswatch too " broke" two times. first time, when Mormont gets stabbed by brothers, second time when jon gets stabbed by brothers...

-> so there clearly are some hints that point to nightswatch= lightbringer

Or it´s just Longclaw or Oathbreaker or some other valyrian swordy

I don't think the Night's Watch is Lightbringer, but if it is then it has been tempered three times:

First, when Jon (of the Night's Watch) killed Qhorin Halfhand. Second, when the brothers killed Lord Mormont. Third, when the brothers stabbed Jon.

Which would mean Jon = Nissa Nissa.

Which would mean whoever takes control of the Night's Watch now will be Azor Ahai. So . . . Stannis?

Which would be quite a plot twist.

But I think sometimes a sword is just a sword and that Lightbringer = Dawn.

Well according to Maester Aemon the true Lightbringer generates HEAT. There is nothing in any of the books that states that DAWN generates heat or light of any kind.

Well, you never know with prophesies, even though I'm not a big supporter of this theory. When the sun rises (dawn), heat is generated. A prophesy may be a play with words.

It is obvious and that's why it's generally discarded. However I think the "sword of the morning" is the most important thing here. The title, not the blade.

It's seems ridiculous that LB could make its way to a southern house if AA( if that even is his true name, and I doubt it is-or was) why was it not interred in his crypt(still possible)? Why was it not given to the NW as the most potent weapon for their sole purpose? Records of it at may be CB, but, without Sam who to find them?

It just seems too nice a fit, someone of the blood holds the sword, or kills someone with it and BAM super weapon, GRRM is not that obvious...even though it would be cool haha

Is there a sowrd of morning now. I dont think anyone has that title and what do they have to do to be giving it and hence weld dawn. Clearly Darkstar is miffed its not him.

AA's Lightbringer is said to generate heat but it's also always described as the Red Sword of Heroes.

Dawn is described to be "as pale as milkglass".

it doesn't seem to fit that these are the same sword.

The color metal turns when heated up is a white-red

Who's to say the sword is always Hot or always gives off Heat? Could be the sword heats up when Others are around. Could be the sword only heats up in the hands of AA.

But the fact is Dawn is Lightbringer, too many similarity to say anything different.

• 2 years later...

Archived