4 replies to this topic

#1 YuvalTheVal

YuvalTheVal

Sellsword

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:03 PM

I think this book had the best pace in the entire series. I mean, almost in every book from 2-5 you have a first half were not much happens and a second half with a lot of action. Re-reading this book I'm amazed how well paced it is. literally every chapter moves the plot forwards, and every chapter develops the POV charcter a bit more.
It might be less epic, it focuses mainly on the inner relationships between the main charcters and less on one big war, but it's still terrific.

#2 Crown

Crown

just another soldier on a road to nowhere

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

I think Storm has a better pacing, but I won't go into detail since the thread is in the still reading section.

Edited by Crown, 28 November 2012 - 04:30 PM.

#3 YuvalTheVal

YuvalTheVal

Sellsword

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

Storm has an incredible second half, making him the best book in the series. but its first half is interesting mainly due to back stories and such, nothing significant actually happens.

#4 TheNiggardlyBastard

TheNiggardlyBastard

Sellsword

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:40 AM

I think the pacing is great. Except for when the Catelyn POV occur.

#5 duuran

duuran

Commoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:48 AM

I had to stop listening to the audio books because the begining is already slow enough. The reader is really annoying with how slow he reads haha but it definitely picks up and yes, has a nice pace as you said. I hope I find the rest of the books to be the same although I don't mind the character development as it seems to be the backbone of everything especially in this series