This felt like one and a half books

SlackBladder

• 1 year later...

there are a ton of important deaths...but i feel like the "maybe death of the mountain and the hound" are more important the tywin and shae...they were bound the happeb

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Clearly, Tywin's death is one of the most important deaths in the series, in terms of how it changes the landscape and power balance. It's far more important than Joffrey's, for instance, because Tywin was the real power of the house Lannister. The only deaths as important as that were Ned's and Robb's. It's the end of an era. How could Gregor's "maybe death" be equally important, let alone more? There are other goons Tywin could have used. And as far as personal importance goes, his death only matters to Sandor, who wanted to kill him,and the Dornishmen, who wanted him dead.

Shae's death does not have importance for the plot and world at large, but together with Tywin's, it is crucial for Tyrion's arc and psychological development.

I don't see how Sandor's "maybe death" can be said to be of importance when it's

not even a death.

Archived