Season 3 First Look Featurette

Westeros

There's some soldiers marching through the woods at 1:32... I wonder who that could be? There are no banners to distinguish but there is a shot shortly after where we see Meera Reed standing between some trees and she sheathes her dagger... maybe the Reeds have some sort of an army?

I also got the impression that the soldiers and Meera are at the same location, but it seems more like she's hiding from them. They could be Ramsay's men coming back from Winterfell perhaps?

There's some soldiers marching through the woods at 1:32... I wonder who that could be? There are no banners to distinguish but there is a shot shortly after where we see Meera Reed standing between some trees and she sheathes her dagger... maybe the Reeds have some sort of an army?

Look closer, there is a banner, probably House Karstark. At first I thought there was something white on a blue field.... but that doesn't fit any house, only the Arryns who aren't in season 2. But if it's white on black..... Karstark for sure, especially because they kind of look like Northerners.

Anyhow, I think we can safely assume that all the images are from the first 2-3 episodes, judging from the trailers for season 2. So Tyrion's wedding is coming very fast :), we knew that. But, we also have an image with Dany marching towards Yunkai/Mereen .... so, she burns Astapor pretty fast as well. I am vary curious to see how they handle her story.

Anyhow, I think we can safely assume that all the images are from the first 2-3 episodes, judging from the trailers for season 2. So Tyrion's wedding is coming very fast :), we knew that. But, we also have an image with Dany marching towards Yunkai/Mereen .... so, she burns Astapor pretty fast as well. I am vary curious to see how they handle her story.

I think the Season 2 promos had snippets from Blackwater, which was 2x09, though, and Winteriscoming.net spoiled the following about the timing (spoilers for TV show as well as books):

Tyrion and Sansa's wedding will be in Episode 8, the Red Wedding in Episode 9.

I love the Reeds! It is sort of how I pictured them. I am not loving the Queen of Thorns headdress. It makes her look like a septa. Really, I thought that is what she was in the featurette and screencap until I read it was her and recognized Diana Rigg in the still.

Concerning that picture with Cersei and Margaery, with her wearing that purple robe and the "bag" on her hair, I'd say that's a shot from rehearsals, with the bag thing to protect her hairdo, and the robe for warmth, as her dress is sleeveless.

Als, nice to see Thomas Sangster again. He's been really good in everything I've seen him in. Poor guy though, he's 22, but apparently curse to look like a young teenager forever.

Not sure if I like Beric's look. In my imagination he looked more handsome, or rather, you would see that he once was, after some..accidents...

Looks like it's going to be a great-looking season though. Can't wait :)

I have to admit for the first time since the end of season 2 i am actually excited about season 3 now, Jojen and Meera finally!.

I know how you feel, its like enough time has gone by that the anger us fans felt towards certain unnecessary changes has faded. I just want more content now and all this stuff looks awesome!

Nobody has mentioned Mance here yet, thoughts?

Personally, I'm pretty excited, Ciaran Hinds is a fantastic actor and although show Mance will be different, Hinds will bring a lot of meat to the role. That grim expression of his in the featurette reminds me so much of that "He was a consul of Rome!" scene in Rome, which is of course, a good thing.

Nobody has mentioned Mance here yet, thoughts?

Personally, I'm pretty excited, Ciaran Hinds is a fantastic actor and although show Mance will be different, Hinds will bring a lot of meat to the role. That grim expression of his in the featurette reminds me so much of that "He was a consul of Rome!" scene in Rome, which is of course, a good thing.

I'm so happy to have him and Tobias Menzies on the show, my favorite guys on Rome.

THE BLACKFISH!!! If they write him write, this guy is going to be damn amazing.

Ciaran actually looks pretty good as Mance IMO, just a bit older than I've imagined.

Tormund Giantsbane- HAR!

I imagine Tyrion's....modest....scar will annoy many fans. I didn't expect a massive scar but that is certainly...slightly noticeable.

Meera and Jojen look good to me.

Queens of Thorns looks pretty good.

HATE Edmure's look. Damn. I actually pictured him as an actual gruffer looking guy with longer red hair and a sweet red beard. Like he was actually attempting to be bad ass. This is going to annoy me.

Lighting Lord- Looks pretty bad ass. Flaming sword...seems like they are trying to keep things accurate.

Thoros- I definitely like his look.

Also, has Vargo been renamed to Locke in the show?

Yeah, kinda. It'll probably be the same character.

HATE Edmure's look. Damn. I actually pictured him as an actual gruffer looking guy with longer red hair and a sweet red beard. Like he was actually attempting to be bad ass. This is going to annoy me.

Tobias Menzies is brilliant. If you have seen Rome you would agree that he's the perfect Edmure. I always pictured him as Edmure in my head anyway.

Yeah, kinda. It'll probably be the same character.

Tobias Menzies is brilliant. If you have seen Rome you would agree that he's the perfect Edmure. I always pictured him as Edmure in my head anyway.

I have seen Rome (have both seasons on DVD), it is a fantastic show. But no, that does not mean I would agree he is the perfect Edmure. It is possible we have picture Edmure differently in our heads, but the look alone is drastically different from what I have envisioned. This is how I see Edmure: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Edmure_Tully

I have seen Rome (have both seasons on DVD), it is a fantastic show. But no, that does not mean I would agree he is the perfect Edmure. It is possible we have picture Edmure differently in our heads, but the look alone is drastically different from what I have envisioned. This is how I see Edmure: http://awoiaf.wester...hp/Edmure_Tully

Yeah, possible. I'm still sure he will be doing a great job, judging from his acting skills during Caesar's assassination and his own death. He certainly has the I wanna do good but I completely fail thoughness and despair.

Archived