Which mysteries would you rather REMAIN unsolved?

georgiatargaryen

I don’t really need to know more about the Clegane brothers. I don’t really care if Robert the Silent is the Mountain’s headless body, and I don’t mind if we never hear any more about the Hound.

I don’t know if it counts as a mystery, but I don’t care what happens to anyone in Meereen or Slaver’s Bay in general. If ‘The Winds of Winter’ opened with Dany and Tyrion inexplicably together on a ship, sailing back to Westeros, I would be happy. I would require no explanation for how they got there.

This is blasphemy, but I don’t care if we ever get an exact blow-by-blow account of what happened at the Tower of Joy. I think some people assume Howland Reed will show up at some point and explain to Jon in great detail what happened: "After I warged into Arthur Dayne’s mind and had him cut his own head off with Dawn, I found Ned cradling you, the sword Dark Sister, documents declaring you Prince Rhaegar’s legal heir,

seven dragon eggs, and your dying mother in his arms. Later we ate a meal of hot crusty bread, roast capon . . ."

I do want to know who Jon’s parent’s are, but I’m not fascinated by all the intricate Tower of Joy mysteries.

Summerhall, I think it's more tragic not knowing what exactly happened there

I agree. Summerhall is interesting but I don't think it has any major bearing on the story at present. Therefore it wouldn't be so much of a loss to not wholly understand it. Again, what is mysterious to the characters...

I just generally don't want it spelled out for me which prophecy's came true, which religion was right and anything supernatural given too clear of an explanation.

I would like to know who Coldhands, Robert Strong and the Hooded Man in Winterfell are, what happened to Benjen, whether Aegon is fake and the other stuff people are mentioning though, I'm surprised some people don't.

I like things left unstated or hanging. I hope we never learn about :

1. Summerhall

2. The Doom

3. Lord Rickard's Southron ambitions

4. Knight of LT

5. If Aegon is real

6. Who Jon's parents really are

7. Mel and the Red Priest's Motivations

8. The FM and what Jaqen is up to in The Citadel

9. Whether Doran Martell ever gets around to thinking about possibly doing something someday.. Maybe.. Later..

10. Whether Dragon blood is relevant

11. The horn of Joramun, is it real or not?

12. Will The Other's invade? What do they want?

13. Who is Azor Ahai, and who is TPTWP? What does it mean?

14. Who are the three heads of the Dragon?

15. What is Marwyn up to?

16. Who is Quaithe, and is she helping Dany or leading her astray?

17. What the significance of HOTU and Quaithe's prophecies are.

18. Can Euron's horn really bind the dragons?

19. Can Dany control the Dragons, and what effect will they have on the WW?

20. What are Bloodraven's motivations?

The only things I need answered are :

1. What is Hotpie's recipe for sour cherry tarts?

2. What happened to Shitmouth?

3. How many characters has Syrio become so far?

4. What happened to the Dragon that Summer saw escaping from Winterfell during the fire?

5. What does Hodor mean?

6. How cool is Blood of the Dragon? Like, really cool? Cuz Dany has all the dragin's blud, and u know it cuz all her family has incest and stuff, which makes her really, really dragon bloody, thats why she cant git burnded and stuff.

7. Narrowing down the possible identity of Septa Lemore to at least less than 40% of all women mentioned in the novel will suffice, thank you.

8. The names of all 79 secret Targs. Duh, they got dragon blud and stuff, derp derp.

I'd be fine not knowing the Knight of the Laughing Tree's full story. I always just accepted it was Howland until I came here and saw the Lyanna theory. Doesn't affect me either way.

I'd be fine not knowing exactly why Jaqen was in the cell clean up heading towards the wall. Is/was he Syrio? Does that matter in the greater scheme of his plans or whatever he has going on?

Summerhall is amazing and tragic from what we know, but I like the air of mystery it still has. Same with the Doom. I don't want that ruined.

I like things left unstated or hanging. I hope we never learn about :

6. Who Jon's parents really are

8. The FM and what Jaqen is up to in The Citadel

11. The horn of Joramun, is it real or not?

13. Who is Azor Ahai, and who is TPTWP? What does it mean?

14. Who are the three heads of the Dragon?

15. What is Marwyn up to?

18. Can Euron's horn really bind the dragons?

Sorry to disappoint but:

6. GRRM said we'd learn about Jon's heritage towards the end. It's important to the story.

8. Jaqen is in Sam's POV

11. The horn of Joramun will be revealed as Jon thought where it was, and it seems unlikely that GRRM would let that question hang in the air

13. We will undoubtedly learn who is AA and/or the PtwP towards the end.

14. Same as 13.

15. We'll find out when he meets Dany

18. We'll find out when Victarion tries out the horn, and/or Dany uses it later.

Archived