Our Most Badass - Book Characters Guessing Game IV

Juli Greyjoy

I just think that she is an annoying, bratty kid, who makes stupid decisions, but survives due to luck and a lot of formidable people protecting her (the Hound, The Brotherhood without Banners, a magic assassin, and a group of magic assassins). She has some of the thickest plot armour in the series, and no one every seems to point it out about her, as opposed to Tyrion and Daenerys.

Her decisions are sometimes right and sometimes stupid. The "plot armour" seems to me more a plot problem than a character's problem (and imho this is a quite different thing). As a character, she would be much worse if at 11 she always made intelligent decisions and survived only due to her own merits.

Anyway I dislike Ramsay. Not because he's a bad person, but because he's an extremely monodimensional villain.

I hate both Ramsay and Arya :D

:bawl: Thnowborn you too??

This will be my only post because I don't want to derail the lovely Julifay's thread any further. But I like Arya. I like they way her character is written with a child's mentality and a child's callousness. I think it's appropriate that she is being taken care of by others for a time because that is right for her age. Had she struck out immediately on her own she would've died (and Kage, I know EXACTLY what you're thinking and NO it would not have been better for her to die!) but once she had some skills and confidence (which is awesome since she had none in the beginning, poor horse faced Arya :( ) She did go off by herself and is making her own choices. Now is she's damaged mentally, yes, there are obvious times when she tries to beat down feelings of compassion (the women on the raping post) or is numb to emotion but I think that's because she is in survivor mode. Having to only think about herself because no one else is, they only want money for her. And I admire that. She's a kid who is growing up to be an assassin who struggles with the sense of duty and honor that was instilled in her. Add her temper and fearlessness and I think she's awesome :D That is all.

Now everyone turn in more lists! There is a tie!!

:commie:

<snip>

Now everyone turn in more lists! There is a tie!!

:commie:

I agree with you about Arya. :)

The tie is gone, but the more lists the better. Besides, you guys will have the chance to win some extra points on Monday, since I won't be able to post the honorable mentions until Tuesday afternoon. ;)

Can I play without sending a list? I just can't figure out how high to place some characters.

The OP says so. I did not know either, so I just left it the way I remembered some of them. :P

I suggest you still send a list if you want to play, it will probably be more fun.

Spoiler
And we give Julie more chance to practice her maths. :pirate:

THE SUBMISSIONS OF LISTS ARE NOW CLOSED

Sorry for closing the submissions an hour early. My thrice damned laptop broke last night and I am now posting from the old family computer, which takes around 3 minutes to load a website. I hope I can somehow fix it until tomorrow, when I will post the honorable mentions and the first hint.

Until then, you have the chance to gain a few extra points.

On the lists I received people included 6 badass animals. Now you have to guess those animals in the right order and you can get 1 point for each animal in the right position. If you have all 6 correct, you will get 10 points.

Note: You only have until tomorrow, around the same time as I post this, to make your guesses.

Hint: Direwolves and dragons

Edit: Laptop works again. Everything will be posted on time. :)

Archived