69 replies to this topic

#1 KingWolf

KingWolf

Sellsword

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

I was wondering who you thought would end up being the champion for the faith in Cersie's trial.Who do you think will end up fighting Robert Strong?Also what do you think will happen?

I hope it's the hound who fights him.

Edited by KingWolf, 11 December 2012 - 04:19 PM.

#2 Where Went Whent

Where Went Whent

Landed Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

I always imagined Margaery Tyrell to name Her brother Loras as champion. Lol... *squashd like a bug Loras*

#3 Where Boars Glow

Where Boars Glow

Detective searching for Rheagar kidnapping victims

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

First he will smash someone for the faith...I am guessing Lancel. This i think will put Cersi/tommon at risk. Maybe even be the vanenquor Eventually though it has to be Sandor/monk for the finish.

#4 willy york

willy york

Hedge Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

yeah it has to be sandor. i cant imagine sandor not being the one to defeat robert strong and complete his story arc.

#5 KingWolf

KingWolf

Sellsword

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

I was actually wondering if Lancel may be the one to fight him.Maybe he thinks it's the best way for him to repent for his crimes.

#6 Where Boars Glow

Where Boars Glow

Detective searching for Rheagar kidnapping victims

• Members
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

I really think both happen. Frankengregor pastes Lancel...maybe a few other people. Then Sandor hears word of his brother still being alive and sets out to settle all family buisness.

#7 Lion of Judah

Lion of Judah

Lions Never Cower.

• Members
  • 5,161 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

I doubt that it's Loras for several reasons, but mainly because Margery has chosen a trial by judges. I agree with it being Lancel though.

#8 Lion of Judah

Lion of Judah

Lions Never Cower.

• Members
  • 5,161 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

I really think both happen. Frankengregor pastes Lancel...maybe a few other people. Then Sandor hears word of his brother still being alive and sets out to settle all family buisness.

I like your thought process here, this is the main reason I hope Sandor is still alive.

#9 Shadow_of_Asshai

Shadow_of_Asshai

Freerider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

its Lancel his religious conversion makes him likely to be chosen his distaste for Cersei makes him likely to accept the challenge besides how would Sandor get from the Quiet Isle to Kings Landing in time for the trial also How would Sandor know that Robert Strong is UnGregor when literally no one knows...I think that Sandor Clegane still lives but the Hound is dead, so dont expect to see him picking up swords anytime soon

#10 KingWolf

KingWolf

Sellsword

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

Couldn't someone end up fighting him and lose and Sandor gets word of this and figures out it his brother,then he decides to go and fight him.

#11 intheswamp

intheswamp

Noble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

I like the Lancel idea for Cersei's trial.

Sandor can fight him later.

Maerge didn't choose trial by combat.

Edited by intheswamp, 11 December 2012 - 05:28 PM.

#12 Ghost of Groat

Ghost of Groat

Hedge Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

Jaime Lannister....BAM!

Edited by Ghost of Groat, 11 December 2012 - 05:31 PM.

#13 Harald Hard-Ruler

Harald Hard-Ruler

Landed Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

I'm going to guess Ser Theodan the True. But Ser Robert Strong will probably kill the pious fool.

#14 Light a wight tonight

Light a wight tonight

I only rescue maidens.

• Members
  • 4,588 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

Who will fight Robert the Strong is an interesting guessing game, but there's a possibility of background hanky-panky. Varys being behind the scenes has an interest. Does he want the incompetent Cersei to remain in charge or does he want her removed to sow further confusion? It's within his capabilities to neutralize Robert's handlers i.e. Qyburn & Associates and we don't know to what extent Robert can operate independently. He might fold like a string-cut puppet.

I feel a bit sorry for Lancel and his guilty conscience. Tyrion was a bit too rough on him, IMHO. Maybe a little envy snuck in there?

#15 sifth

sifth

Council Member

• Members
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

you guys do realize that once the High Sparrow finds out what Robert Strong is the Lannisters are finished in Kings Landing, ha ha ha

Edited by sifth, 11 December 2012 - 06:12 PM.

#16 booknerd2

booknerd2

Council Member

• Members
  • 1,947 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

Well, I was thinking if that would be the likely exit, the way to kill off the characters of Lancel or Loras.

Because Robert Strong will kill them. They are not Oberyn. Although I give Loras more props then Lancel. However, Loras said himself he was good with a lance and his brother a better sword. Lance not needed here. They are not jousting.

Cersei is already on the Tyrell shit list. Margaery, and then Loras dies to her champion? Wouldn't be good for her even if she passes.

Lancel is one of her own. Her uncle/family will not be happy either. I would think now they'd rather not risk Lancel for her.

Not sure here. People will surmise what Robert is and hate her even more for not fighting fair with her "creature." Oh, it will get out in time.

Sandor seems best candidate still.

Edited by booknerd2, 11 December 2012 - 06:24 PM.

#17 I do not sew

I do not sew

Hedge Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

I'm going to guess Ser Theodan the True. But Ser Robert Strong will probably kill the pious fool.

Yeah it seems like that dude was introduced to be fish food in the trial, but I've wondered to what extent Qyburn holds sway over UnGregor. Still, I don't see UnGregor being brought down at the very outset of Winds. The implication at the end of Dance was Cersei is gonna fuck some shit up before she goes down. I doubt she'll lose the trial.

#18 booknerd2

booknerd2

Council Member

• Members
  • 1,947 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

And Sandor...doing both?

Fighting Ungregor and saving his bird? Spreading the guy out too much. I guess it could happen but that is a lot of screen time.

#19 jarl the climber

jarl the climber

It tastes like triumph

• Members
  • 3,779 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

Osney and Lancel are her accusers, or at least that what it says in the book index of ADWD. I've always thought it would be Ser Osney Kettleblack who would have to face him.

#20 Starfell

Starfell

Sword of the Early-Mid Afternoon

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

I was thinking it would probably end up being Lancel too, he's with the Faith and they're prosecuting, he probably sees it as his duty/penance because of his role in Cersei's plotting, fits pretty well.

Of course, it could just as easily be some random fool from the ranks of the Stars and Swords who's just introduced for the fight and quickly dispatched to move the plot along like Oznak zo Pahl or Ser Vardis Egen were

Edited by Starfell, 11 December 2012 - 06:30 PM.