Who will fight robert strong.

KingWolf

So far as we know, UnGregor is Cersei's creature, who's sole purpose is the destruction of her enemies. I don't see him roaming the country side like a silver age movie monster. As far as the countryside is concerned, I do however see the possibility for an UnGregor house-call to the Stokeworth estate...

Robert Strong versus Bronn would be interesting. Bronn's a sneaky dude, doesn't fight fair. He knows better than going sword-to-sword with a monster. An arbalest bolt through the chest would slow Robert down considerably. Especially one coated with basilisk blood.

For all of the "sandor" votes, since he is on a lonely island how will he be summoned? I was under the impression that no one knows where he is.

I'm guessing someone else will fight Robert and Sandor will eventually gain word of it and go to find him.

What would the reaction of the faith be if/when R.S is unmasked? Will they make the whole trial void.Since necromancy is so heathen.

Most likely an acquittal of Cersei in the trial would indeed be made void if RS is unmasked. It would appear that she cheated and flaunted all spiritual purposes of the trial by using a champion that is not even a living being; something that may be deemed illegal too. It might even be believed by the sparrows that she was trying to deceive the Seven (the theory seems to be that champions are meant to be subject to their will to some degree) but ultimately failed. Likely result: Belief in her guilt on all charges, plus the obscenity of necromancy, maybe unbelief or manifest heresy as well.

Crackpottery but..

Personally, I hope LF needs the assistance of the Faith, or for some reason contacts the Elder Brother or some religious peeps regarding trying to expose Cersei's dirty laundry or the paternity issue...thinking he is slick, not knowing Sandor and Sansa are buds and what went down in KL between them, and "Alayne" and "Brother" end up seeing each other, are hopefully not dumb and pull off the "Oh, this is Alayne, nice to meet you, thing", even though he will damn well recognize his bird even if she wore a chicken costume!

I am looking for an excuse that he hears and goes to LF and makes up some excuse or maybe there is a good cover/reason for going. Or they meet up somewhere else. Because Jaime and Brienne finding out Sansa is Alayne and busting down the door ain't going to work.

LF might even be ok thinking, hey, Sandor of all people is a brother now, and he did leave KL which took balls, so he really isn't a Lannister guy anymore. LF might not feel threatened at all.

And then....

Totally crackpot but it would make me happy. Sansa would know enough now to play along the Alyane bit.

But how many places can Sandor be or how many things can he do? Champion? Save Sansa? something has to give. No idea what would work best.

Lancel?

It makes perfect sense that he would by motivation. But, really? Wouldn't House Tyrell want a better champion? I would say Garlan Tyrell since he is established as a fighter; but isn't he away at Highgarden?

Sorry jsut the image of puny Lancel off the TV show staring up at the Mountain is stuck in my head. Thats just cruel.

Crackpottery but..

Personally, I hope LF needs the assistance of the Faith, or for some reason contacts the Elder Brother or some religious peeps regarding trying to expose Cersei's dirty laundry or the paternity issue...thinking he is slick, not knowing Sandor and Sansa are buds and what went down in KL between them, and "Alayne" and "Brother" end up seeing each other, are hopefully not dumb and pull off the "Oh, this is Alayne, nice to meet you, thing", even though he will damn well recognize his bird even if she wore a chicken costume!

I am looking for an excuse that he hears and goes to LF and makes up some excuse or maybe there is a good cover/reason for going. Or they meet up somewhere else. Because Jaime and Brienne finding out Sansa is Alayne and busting down the door ain't going to work.

LF might even be ok thinking, hey, Sandor of all people is a brother now, and he did leave KL which took balls, so he really isn't a Lannister guy anymore. LF might not feel threatened at all.

And then....

Totally crackpot but it would make me happy. Sansa would know enough now to play along the Alyane bit.

But how many places can Sandor be or how many things can he do? Champion? Save Sansa? something has to give. No idea what would work best.

Another possible way for LF to contact the religious authorities could theoretically come from getting an annulment for Sansa's Tyrion marriage (unclear whether he needs to do anything about the Tyrion marriage or not since it wasn't consummated). This possibly could draw in the monks at the Quiet Isle if the Faith organizations have delegated certain tasks to such monks.

Unless Robert Strong deals with him too. Didn't you ever see Frankenstein?

The fact that he has black blood and possibly no head will probably lead to the rest of the Faith learning what Robert Strong is during Cercie’s trial by combat. I don’t see the Lannisters holding kings landing for very long

One thing is certain: It won´t be the Sandor......

Because Gregorstein will win the trial without a doubt. ( meaning he´ll kill his opponent )

Because Sandor´s arc points toward him killing Gregor(stein), he can´t be at the trial. ( b´cause he would die )

{OR ..Martin actually really intends to end this within 2 more books....then Sandor could indeed fight Gregorstein at the trial and defeat him somehow, thus kill Cersei. This would move the plot a lot. But then again, didn´t Maggy tell Cersei that she´ll outlive her children? I don´t think both Tommen and Myrcella will die that early! So again, ANYBODY BUT SANDOR IS POSSIBLE}

Most likely an acquittal of Cersei in the trial would indeed be made void if RS is unmasked. It would appear that she cheated and flaunted all spiritual purposes of the trial by using a champion that is not even a living being; something that may be deemed illegal too. It might even be believed by the sparrows that she was trying to deceive the Seven (the theory seems to be that champions are meant to be subject to their will to some degree) but ultimately failed. Likely result: Belief in her guilt on all charges, plus the obscenity of necromancy, maybe unbelief or manifest heresy as well.

But if(!) trial by combat is valid it's because the Seven bring victory to the champion of the side that's right, meaning that if Cersei is guilty Robert Strong will be defeated. The Seven will cause it to be so, even if he fights Moonboy.

Heh.

But if(!) trial by combat is valid it's because the Seven bring victory to the champion of the side that's right, meaning that if Cersei is guilty Robert Strong will be defeated. The Seven will cause it to be so, even if he fights Moonboy.

Heh.

True, but if RS is exposed as an undead being the sparrows might have severe doubts about whether the outcome reflected the will of the Seven, though normally they would believe so. What might happen is that they will be deceived for a time yet then, upon finding out what RS is, conclude that it is impossible that the Seven would have granted strength and power to such an abomination. The sparrows could perhaps attribute RS's success to dark powers working against all that is righteous.

What if the HS demands a an old school trial of sevens? Since Cersei had setup the Kingsguard rule, would she be required to have all 7 KG gathered for her defense? Would her inability to do so be seen as sign of her guilt?

And there's not even 7 members of the KG either at this point in time. Wonder if she would be forced to fight at a disadvantage in a trial by 7.

I could see Varys dropping a dime to Sandor, it is in his best interest for Cersei to fail.

Varys made it clear to Kevan at the end of ADWD that it is in his best interest for Cersei to be in power so she can mess things up even further in Westeros.

Well I think that multiple people will fight Robert Strong(him killing all but one)but I think the person that will end up defeating him is either Jamie Lannister or Sandor. I still can't fully decide if Bran's vision is about Jamie or the Hound saving Sansa from Robert Strong but i'm pretty confident it can only be one of those two. They both would need this to fully complete their redemption arc in my opinion.

Archived