If so what was it like? What does the Baltic smell like? Where do the beggars sleep, especially in winter? Where was the castle (the street that the main railway is on is called Podwale Grodzkie, which I think means Castle Street)? What was on the site where the main railway station is? Where were the castle/town walls from the Middle Ages? if you were entering the city from the south east, which gate would you have gone through?
How many churches and convents/monasteries are there? ( I know about Oliwa, St Mary's and St Nicholas)?
So if anyone has any idea of any of these questions, that would be awesome
I have been able to answer a few of my own questions with the help of Googlemaps
A) Gdansk Shipyard, Gdansk, Poland
1. Head east on Na Ostrowiu 83m
2. Slight right towards Na Ostrowiu 280 m
3. Continue straight onto Na Ostrowiu 450 m
4. Turn right onto Doki 1.3 km
5. Slight right onto Waly Piastowskie 200 m
6. Slight left onto Rajska 450 m
7. Continue onto Wielkie Mlyny 77 m
8. Continue onto Podmlynska 100 m
9. Continue onto Panska 130 m
10. Turn left onto Swietojanska
Destination will be on the left
3.1 km –according to google maps it should 38 mins, but I am not sure how long it would take two foreigners, on a winter evening, one of whom is a woman over the age of 50...
Parafia Sw. Mikolaja Biskupa
1. Head east on Swietojanska toward Szklary for 86 m
2. Turn right onto Szklary for 61 m
3. Continue onto Zlotnikow for 110 metres
4. Turn left onto Swietego Ducha for 71 metres
5. Turn right onto Podkramarska Destination will be on the right in 37 metres
Journey is a total of 350 m and should take about 4 mins
St. Mary's Church
6. Head north on Podkramarska toward Swietego Ducha
for 37 m
7. Turn left onto Swietego Ducha for 160 m
8. Turn left onto Kozia for 83 m
9. Continue onto Lektykarska for 110 m
10. Continue onto Pocztowa for 110 m
11. Turn left onto Ogarna Destination will be on the left in 95
600 m – about 7 mins
Refuge House - Kamienica Zacisze
I wonder whether it would take longer for a fleet of school girls in winter?
I should be able to use google translate for the street names.
Edited by voodooqueen126, 12 December 2012 - 10:53 PM.