Is arya stark dead

Azhor azhai99

Ive been doing a reread of the books and found a lot of evidence suggesting arya stark is actually dead.

1- jaquin h'gar gave her an iron coin of the faceless in CoK. And in DwD she gives a similar coin to a merchant who has a heart attack and dies

2-in SoS when she has joined berric dondarrion, the company meets an albino dwarf for the second time. The dwarf tells dondarrion that he reeks of his last death but when she sees arya she says that she thought it was beric who rekked of death then broke down crying

3- lastly the only faceless man whose story we know, the waif, just happens to be dead

1- jaquin h'gar gave her an iron coin of the faceless in CoK. And in DwD she gives a similar coin to a merchant who has a heart attack and dies

Did she ? It was my understanding that she replaced one gold coin with another, coated in poison, which caused the merchant to die when he bit into it to check it was real.

I don't remember an Iron coin being involved, but I might be wrong.

Otherwise this is a cool idea but I wonder how it would fit in with the story, the dwarf woman probably perceived that wherever Arya goes, people keep dying.

Would this topic also not be more appropriate in the "General (ASoIaF)" section of the forum ?

Otherwise this is a cool idea but I wonder how it would fit in with the story, the dwarf woman probably perceived that wherever Arya goes, people keep dying.

The dwarf is described by the WoIaF as the ghost of high heart and the same dwarf who prophecized the coming of yhe PtwP from the line of Arys and his sister

Yeah sorry im kind of a noob at this right now, i just made my account yesterday

As for the coin part

"I took one of his coins and gave him one of ours"-arya

"I see and then he used this coin and others to pay a certain merchant who heart later failed"- kindly man

I assumed the "one of ours" was just a gold coin belonging to the House of Black and White, coated in poison.

I think it makes more sense than the merchant dying from a heart attack when being handed an iron coin that can be easily traced back to the house of black and white. Again I might be wrong on this.

The dwarf is described by the WoIaF as the ghost of high heart and the same dwarf who prophecized the coming of yhe PtwP from the line of Arys and his sister

Sorry I didn't make myself clearer, I meant she probably felt some kind of deathly aura surrounding Arya, as people keep dying around her and she later joins a death cult. Rather than her actually being dead.

Also from what we see of her, she doesn't seem to be "altered" like Beric, Catelyn or the Waif.

Sorry I didn't make myself clearer, I meant she probably felt some kind of deathly aura surrounding Arya, as people keep dying around her and she later joins a death cult. Rather than her actually being dead.

Thats a good point but it doesnt explain why she mistook the aura for Lord Beric's or why she broke down crying

When the dwarf ran in to arya, it was catelyn Stark and king Robb that had just died. Please correct me if I'm wrong

No that was before they died. After the meeting with the dwarf woman Arya runs away. She is then kipnapped by Sandor Clegane.ASoS-Chapter_43 They go to the Twin and notice the attack on the Stark army. At the same time in the castle Robb and Catelyn are killed. ASOS Chapter_52

IIRC the alchemist in the proluge of FfC( who we know to be Jaqen H'gar) could turn iron coins into gold coins. He gave one of these coins to pate who died momoments after first touching it. So what if the FM can change coins like they can change their faces. So even though it looked like a golden coin of westeros, it was in fact an iron coin of the FM arya gave the merchant

IIRC the alchemist in the proluge of FfC( who we know to be Jaqen H'gar) could turn iron coins into gold coins. He gave one of these coins to pate who died momoments after first touching it. So what if the FM can change coins like they can change their faces. So even though it looked like a golden coin of westeros, it was in fact an iron coin of the FM arya gave the merchant

Psilos hit the nail on the head. The way the merchant died was discussed in great, great detail right after the book was released. Arya got a gold coin from the vault and learned the poison technique from the Waif. She slit the merchant's purse so the coins spilled onto the ground. She then took one of his gold coins and replaced it with the poison coated gold coin. He picked up the coins and the count was the same because she swapped one. She did all of this because she had observed that he put every coin in his mouth to test if they were real.

The waif is dead?

• 1 year later...

Ive been doing a reread of the books and found a lot of evidence suggesting arya stark is actually dead.

2-in SoS when she has joined berric dondarrion, the company meets an albino dwarf for the second time. The dwarf tells dondarrion that he reeks of his last death but when she sees arya she says that she thought it was beric who rekked of death then broke down crying

3- lastly the only faceless man whose story we know, the waif, just happens to be dead

1- Arya switches one of the coins of the merchant man with one of hers. It's a normal golden coin used by the Merchants in Braavos, the only thing is that she poisoned the coin beforehand, knowing that he would bite down on it, and thus ingest poison and die. Arya does not give him the coin Jaqen has given her.

2- Arya is training to become a professional killer. So "she reeks of death", because not long from then, she'll cause death after death. That's why the woman freaks out. Because Arya doesn't kill to defend herself, she kills because it's her work, or for revenge.

3- We know Jaqen ;) And he's still alive. As to the waif, poison that was fed to her made her what she is today. But her father sacrificed her to the House of Black and White after he discovered what his wife had done, in exchange for the death of his wife. The waif is still walking, talking and all of that. She's most likely still alive.

Also,(don't read the spoiler if you really don't want to be spoiler, it's about WoW)

the new sample chapter of Winds of Winter is an Arya POV, which does proves that she's still alive, imo ;)

• 3 weeks later...

1- Arya switches one of the coins of the merchant man with one of hers. It's a normal golden coin used by the Merchants in Braavos, the only thing is that she poisoned the coin beforehand, knowing that he would bite down on it, and thus ingest poison and die. Arya does not give him the coin Jaqen has given her.

2- Arya is training to become a professional killer. So "she reeks of death", because not long from then, she'll cause death after death. That's why the woman freaks out. Because Arya doesn't kill to defend herself, she kills because it's her work, or for revenge.

3- We know Jaqen ;) And he's still alive. As to the waif, poison that was fed to her made her what she is today. But her father sacrificed her to the House of Black and White after he discovered what his wife had done, in exchange for the death of his wife. The waif is still walking, talking and all of that. She's most likely still alive.

Also,(don't read the spoiler if you really don't want to be spoiler, it's about WoW)

the new sample chapter of Winds of Winter is an Arya POV, which does proves that she's still alive, imo ;)

As for the spoiler, this thread is already discounting that evidence, going with the "Sixth Sense"-storytelling mechanism for quite a few chapters already..

• 3 weeks later...

I think the whole Starck family is slowly turned into the undead faction of Westeros. Like mum and brother Jon in the cliff hanger.

Did anybody notice the Lanisters getting mostlikely all crippled? Myrcellas ear, Tyrions nose and so on.

Archived