Boardology

Winter's Knight

After spending nearly a year on the boards, I have discovered certain trends that all topics follow. I present to you, the Principles of Boardology:

1. All topics lead to Stannis: Every topic has the potential to turn into a Stannis topic. The potential for this to occur is directly proportional to how well regulated the topic is. Ergo troll topics/, general discussion topics and Sansa-bashing will inevitably lead to StanStanning.
  2. Every Stag Is A Dragon All Dany threads will inevitably involve a Stannis discussion and vice versa. If carried on long enough, the topic will deteriate into a "Burn them all" free-for-all.
  3. Cat's Law: Every Cat topic will inevitably dissolve into a Cat/Jon argument.
  4. TySan's Law It is impossible to discuss Tyrion without rehashing his wedding to Sansa.
  5. Rape Rape: Neither Robert nor Tyrion may be discussed without an argument involving rape in Westeros.
  6. Inevitable Posters: It is not possible to discuss certain topics without certain posters. For example, no Cersei-topic is complete without yours truly, a Sansa-discussion sans Lyanna Stark,Rapsie and Brashcandy cannot exist and Mance-chats will attract Butterbumps without fail.

After spending nearly a year on the boards, I have discovered certain trends that all topics follow. I present to you, the Principles of Boardology:

1. All topics lead to Stannis: Every topic has the potential to turn into a Stannis topic. The potential for this to occur is directly proportional to how well regulated the topic is. Ergo troll topics/, general discussion topics and Sansa-bashing will inevitably lead to StanStanning.

It is known :bowdown:

Inevitable Posters: It is not possible to discuss certain topics without certain posters. For example, no Cersei-topic is complete without yours truly, a Sansa-discussion sans Lyanna Stark,Rapsie and Brashcandy cannot exist and Mance-chats will attract Butterbumps without fail.

Don't we get a mention? :crying:

Every thread is a Stannis-thread remember? It is inevitable that you'd show up-I'd have to spend all day listing the topics StanStans show up on. :P

Due to the exceptional caliber of the threads we have had over the past few days I find myself chronically out of likes... :o

1. Inevitable Posters: It is not possible to discuss certain topics without certain posters. For example, no Cersei-topic is complete without yours truly, a Sansa-discussion sans Lyanna Stark,Rapsie and Brashcandy cannot exist and Mance-chats will attract Butterbumps without fail.

lol, I also seem unable to resist topics on LF. Until each and every reader of ASOIAF understands that he is nothing more than a privileged, upjumped gigolo non-mastermind piss-ant, I feel like those threads attract me like white on rice.

[*]All topics lead to Stannis: Every topic has the potential to turn into a Stannis topic. The potential for this to occur is directly proportional to how well regulated the topic is. Ergo troll topics/, general discussion topics and Sansa-bashing will inevitably lead to StanStanning.

That's because Stannis rocks.

[*]Inevitable Posters: It is not possible to discuss certain topics without certain posters. For example, no Cersei-topic is complete without yours truly, a Sansa-discussion sans Lyanna Stark,Rapsie and Brashcandy cannot exist and Mance-chats will attract Butterbumps without fail.

Oh shucks.

lol, I also seem unable to resist topics on LF. Until each and every reader of ASOIAF understands that he is nothing more than a privileged, upjumped gigolo non-mastermind piss-ant, I feel like those threads attract me like white on rice.

You're like a Westerosi version of those irritating proselytisers: "Good morning good ser, have you heard that LF is a Pissant? No? Then let me lead you to the light". ;)

ETA: Only without the irritating bit because you are awesome.

I wanted to list Patrickstormborn under Dany but he's always so busy nowadays. Shoudl've mentioned David Selig for Cat and Jon and AM for Jon.

Any heated dispute will inevitably devolve into some variation of "maybe you should actually read the books."

After reading thousands of arguments on who is and isn't 'badass,' the word no longer has any meaning to me.

Stannis is the only badass that matters.

Archived