Football v 35.0

baxus

I don't think he'll go this soon anyway. But I can't see him being the right man for Liverpool's problems - he's got the finishing but he's not really a striker despite how far forward he plays for them.

He'd be great for Spurs, in a free role behind one striker. And he might be a handy replacement for Fellaini if Everton were to lose him.

I have no idea what the gesture actually means - I don't really recognise it, must be a regional thing.

You've got to hand it to Meireles: he's a quick study. Barely in the country for more than four months, and he already knows how best to insult put upon minorities.

If that's indeed a rude gesture then an extended ban is pretty much guaranteed. Not sure what the guidelines are, so maybe it'll get reduced somewhat if the spitting can't be proven?

I see Fergie's making a fool of himself, not for the first time this season. Ashley Williams' kick was obviously intended to just knock the ball far away; he wasn't aiming for RVP's head. And to say it was the most dangerous act he has seen on the pitch in years? He's in danger of becoming a laughing stock.

I see Fergie's making a fool of himself, not for the first time this season. Ashley Williams' kick was obviously intended to just knock the ball far away; he wasn't aiming for RVP's head. And to say it was the most dangerous act he has seen on the pitch in years? He's in danger of becoming a laughing stock.

Until he came out with that, all the talk was about Rooney's dreadful game. Suddenly it's all about Fergie. This is a particularly extreme example but Fergie does this all the time.

I thought it was a clearance initially, but since Williams has come out and said it was a frustrated reaction that does make him a fool. Obviously didn't mean it and he's not going to get banned for it but RvP's anger is quite entitled.

Its Fergies standard tactic for when his team has played a game and failed to win, he could have said that Swansea deserved to get a point against Utd or even resort to the usual blame the ref (which he couldnt as the Ref did well). So he deflects any negative things about his team elsewhere, in this instance its that someone might have died if the ball hit his head. We all know its complete bollocks, those type of footballs have been hitting people in the head/chest/private-parts for a while know and noones been seriously injured.

As a Gooner, I want to show my disapointment at Villa who might be able to beat 'Pool 1-3 at Anfield, but you crushed my hopes of us having 3rd spot over Xmas with their capitulation this afternoon to Chelsea.

pappis demba cisse!

a wonderful time to find his third goal of the season. man united's defense is simply awful this year. what happened?

and now a goal from rvp. this is likely one of the craziest most chaotic games i have seen in a long time.

i would be shocked if there was not another two goals in this game.

pardew is making offensive substitutions. i respect his desire to try to win this and not just settle for a draw.

Mourinho wants to get sacked. Casillas is as steady a pro as you'll ever find, and the best goalkeeper to boot. Jose wants to come back to England and be more specialer than ever.

Firing the guy who got you into the CL KO stage as group winners because of a few bad games in the league, then immediately proving that said firing was pointless by going out of the cup in the next game anyway? Oh Schalke, will you ever learn?

Schalke has the tragic glory if the eternal loser. Don't wanna mess with that :dunno:

Huntelaar is at his maximum at Schalke; he is likely not good enough for the absolute top, and he's obsessed with playing for the Dutch national side, where Van Gaal has made it clear that players have to play regularly for their side or they'll be dropped from the squad. (Though Van Gaal likes to talk tough, he's not been consistent about this, but Huntelaar has got Van Persie in front of him, which could be an inducement to go for the safe option.)

meireles gets 11 match ban in turkey.

11 games? that is insane. turkish teams are under the umbrella of UEFA. i cannot possibly see this holding up.

Well, let's not take Meireles' word for it. He deserves his ban for that stupidity.

i love sunderland's win over city!

mignolet's brought my team 8 points and stands a good chance of getting some bonus for 8 saves he's made.

too bad newcastle couldn't duplicate the feat, though that must have been a stunning game.

from my twitter timeline i see that anita was strechered off. nothing serious, i hope.

i love sunderland's win over city!

mignolet's brought my team 8 points and stands a good chance of getting some bonus for 8 saves he's made.

As do I :smoking:

Brilliant performance. 3rd season in a row we've beaten them 1-0 at the SoL. McClean was brilliant, my MotM but Mignolet, Rose and Sessegnon were all top class too. And everyone was good in general...Cuellar and Kilgallon were throwing their bodies on the line, Colback had his best game of the season, Gardner continued his good form at right-back, Johnson was taking on and beating his man regularly, it was excellent.

We created more clearcut chances than them, got a bit lucky with the goal, Hart fucked up but we should have scored a few others, Hart did brilliantly to save from Sessegnon and Fletcher and we wasted some other ones badly. Mignolet was equal to everything they had to offer....they were reduced to shit shots from distance and Lescott up front by the end.

Superb. I'm absolutely delighted.

Poor by Liverpool. I recorded the game but decided to check the score before watching. I had a feeling that away to Stoke would be a boring draw at best. Instead we got more naive defending and a confidence-draining loss.

I'm not surprised that City slipped up, although I am surprised it was Sunderland. City have had a lot of games where they only barely managed to score.

On the flip side, no surprise either that United shipped a lot of goals but still managed to come from behind to win. It looks like 25 million for RVP is enough to buy an league title (as predicted) and compensate for Rooney's inconsistency, even if it is very bad long term economics for the club.

Saw all the results bar Liverpools yesterday but was quite shocked when I checked the paper this morning. How far Liverpool have tumbled over the past few years, and in someways are the ultimate example of how bad choices in ownership can really hurt a big club. I cant confess to like them (or even hate them), but I can think of other clubs i'd rather see in their position.

Saw all the results bar Liverpools yesterday but was quite shocked when I checked the paper this morning. How far Liverpool have tumbled over the past few years, and in someways are the ultimate example of how bad choices in ownership can really hurt a big club. I cant confess to like them (or even hate them), but I can think of other clubs i'd rather see in their position.

A lot of teams would kill to be in their plight. No teams "deserve" anything....and it could be worse, they could be run like Leeds were... or Forest and Blackburn seem to be at the moment.

I don't really like Liverpool myself...there are 30 or 40 clubs I'd much rather see in the Premiership than them. It's not likely to happen, but I definitely don't feel pity for them.

Archived