Which dead characters will return in WOW?

BearandMaidenFair

• 4 weeks later...

What do you mean by dead returning? Supposedly dead people being found out to be alive (Sandor, Ashara, Benjen) or more undead like UnCat or wights?

Anyway UnGregor will reveal his identity, some of NW brothers or wildlings Jon liked will become wights an we will see living Sandor again, most probably in Jaime's POV.

Wait... Benjen is alive?

I don't think Benjen or Gerion Lannister are gone for good.

Also returning will be Rickon Stark (assumed dead) and Jon Snow (also assumed dead by some readers). I think Jon will be saved by Melisandre.

Eh? Rickon is only assumed dead by the characters because of Theon's lie. All we know is that he went off with Osha, allegedly to Skagos according to Wex. I personally don't care if we never see him again, but he still rather significant as the male Stark heir after Bran the would-be tree.

I think Greywind might be alive because of something Ghost/Jon was thinking during a warg session. Something like he could still sense his family except for the one. I don't have the quote but it seemed to imply the direwolfs and not the Starks. We see Lady killed but Greywind is only rumored to be killed.

Yes, but that statement was back in Clash of Kings, when Greywind was still alive. The one who was missing was Lady.

EDIT:

misinterpretation. The one he couldn't sense was Summer, as Bran was beyond the wall. That bit talked about the fact that 2 of his siblings were dead. It was worded in a way that confused some people though.

This statement confuses me. I am fairly sure that Gannicus' quote was from the 2nd book. Was there a second instance later in which Ghost sensed his siblings?

None. None will return, but more will die.

I totally agree!

The only person I want to see rising from the death is Jon (and not like UnJon, but like Heee i'm Azor Ahai or TPTWP)

We will discover Melisandre has been dead/undead the whole time.

I would kinda like this...

Wait... Benjen is alive?

He better be! I think its obvious.. Jon comes to WF as a baby, Benjen leaves to take the black. Jon comes to the wall, Benjen 'disappears' i think he has some knowledge of Jon's parentage.

Speaking of which, I know it's been implied by some characters in the books that Mel and Stannis are sleeping together and I know in the show it's confirmed that they are, but it is officially cannon that they are having sex? Just curious if anyone knew if GRRM had confirmed it anywhere.

Mel comments in a DwD that her bed has been getting very little use since Stannis took his army south from the wall. And she sleeps very little.

Snax, I meant that the people of Westeros assume him dead. Yes, we know full and well that he is alive.

He better be! I think its obvious.. Jon comes to WF as a baby, Benjen leaves to take the black. Jon comes to the wall, Benjen 'disappears' i think he has some knowledge of Jon's parentage.

Nice one, Warrior Queen. I like this, I like it a lot. :) I don't think Benjen is dead either.

Hi all. My first post. I've seen the 20 HBO episodes twice and read the 5 books once. Loving it!!

But, I'd like to know why Jon should return. First he turns his face from the Night's Watch towards Hardhome, then changes his mind and tosses away his vows not to participate in the wars of the 7 Kingdoms, and launches himself instead to Winterfell. If I were a steward of Castle Black, I'd want to stab him too!

I know the GoT is crammed with moral ambiguity, but I see Jon spinning like a weathervane. Please explain how he is true to something other than his hot-headed emotions.

Respectfully,

Steve

Death and guest rights don't mean what they used to...

While re-reading the Jaime PoV after the surrender of Riverrun I think Ser Raynald Westerling may be one of the returning dead:

"The knight of the seashells?" Edwyn sneered. "you'll find that one feeding the fish at the bottom of the Green Fork."

"He was in the yard when our men came to put the direwolf down," said Walder Rivers. "Whalen demanded his sword and he gave it up meek enough, but when the crossbowmen began feathering the wolf he siezed Whalen's axe and cut the monster loose of the net they'd thrown over him. Whalen says he took a quarrel in his shoulder and his gut, but still managed to reach the wallwalk and throw himself into the river."

"Did you find his corpse afterward?" asked Jaime.

"We found a thousand corpses afterward. Once they've spent a few days in the river they all look much the same."

I am wondering if he may be the hooded man in Winterfell.

Hi all. My first post. I've seen the 20 HBO episodes twice and read the 5 books once. Loving it!!

But, I'd like to know why Jon should return. First he turns his face from the Night's Watch towards Hardhome, then changes his mind and tosses away his vows not to participate in the wars of the 7 Kingdoms, and launches himself instead to Winterfell. If I were a steward of Castle Black, I'd want to stab him too!

I know the GoT is crammed with moral ambiguity, but I see Jon spinning like a weathervane. Please explain how he is true to something other than his hot-headed emotions.

Respectfully,

Steve

Did you watch the episodes first? Because that is the only explanation I can think of for you not liking the character of Jon. Don't understand me the wrong way, you might provide a very interesting moral viewpoint for everyone else who (like me) are more or less unable to criticize Jon (he is presented in a way that is very likable, since his is the classical role of a male teenage hero in a modern fantasy genre). Or at least that is my opinion.

Did you watch the episodes first? Because that is the only explanation I can think of for you not liking the character of Jon. Don't understand me the wrong way, you might provide a very interesting moral viewpoint for everyone else who (like me) are more or less unable to criticize Jon (he is presented in a way that is very likable, since his is the classical role of a male teenage hero in a modern fantasy genre). Or at least that is my opinion.

Alas, I'm 65, and almost unable to relate to teenagers! :(

I have to think Robb made a mistake marrying for love, and Jon was wrong to abandon the Wall. But I guess these impetuous youths are what makes such a wonderful epic tale. LC Mormont and Ser Barristan are my kinda guys.

Respectfully,

Steve

Archived