Which major characters will GRRM kill off in TWoW?

How could you say stannis will die? You dont have to like him but lets not be silly, he still has a huge part to play.

You misinterpret me... Really, I don't dislike Stannis at all he makes things all the more interesting. I just think, plot-wise it will be the high point of TWoW. It is just a guess like anyone else's, I happen to think that his role as a catalyst is winding down, just as Robb's did.

You disagree? Fair enough, we are all speculating here.

Theon. I don't care when, I don't care how. I just want that wretched creature to die. His fate is in Stannis' hands, and I hope Stannis goes through with his sacrifice to the Old Gods.

I really like Ser Gradfather, but I just don't think there's any way that he's going to get out of Mereen alive. He's surrounded by enemies and ambitious plotters who would do anything to further their ambitions.

Theon, Victarion, Ramsey, several Freys.... there are many story arcs... killing off several characters might be only way to finish in two books.

I dont think there will be any Stark or Lannister deaths - I think Lannister deaths will be cliffhanger at the end of TWoW.

You misinterpret me... Really, I don't dislike Stannis at all he makes things all the more interesting. I just think, plot-wise it will be the high point of TWoW. It is just a guess like anyone else's, I happen to think that his role as a catalyst is winding down, just as Robb's did.

You disagree? Fair enough, we are all speculating here.

I dont know if it will be TWOW or ADOS, but I cant see Stannis surviving the series, as much as I love him. The whole 'giving his life force to make shadow babies with Mel' thing isn't gonna help him in the long term. So far i've just seen a lot of characters we want to die being listed here. Victarion, theon, the boltons, the freys, bla bla bla. Winter comes for us all, and I think Stannis dying at the end would be dramatic and powerful writing.

Theon, I like his chapters but I think his part on the story will be over the next book

Ramsay. He HAS to die. please GRRM.

Victarion, just like Theon he already play his part.

Darkstar, only because I like Balon Swann much, much more. (although, not sure if he count as "major" character)

Bowen Marsh, and those who help him betray Jon.

Bloodraven, once Bran "training" is over.

ETA: I forgot about Barristan, he will probably die in the next book, which is kinda sad since he's the only character I Like in Slaver's Bay (and probably all Essos not counting Bravos).

And...Benjen Stark, I still believe his will be the prologue of the next book, and his POV will show us the Lands of Always Winter

I love stannis to death but I feel Martin will probably off him and the ending will turn in to a predictable Jon/Dany fap fest.

If Martin had the balls to kill off Dany or Jon at the end of TWoW I would be impressed... instead I see him killing important but more 2nd tier characters like Jamie and Stannis (who are popular but most dont see surviving the series anyway so not exactly "shocking")

Jojen Reed, Victarion, Euron, Theon, Mace Tyrell, Randyl Tarly, Stannis, Bolton, Manderly, the Blackfish, Emmon Frey, Genna Lannister, Daven Lannister, all the Freys, (F)Aegon, at least 2 of the Sand Snakes, Tommen (not Myrcella), Patchface, Moon Boy, and Butterbumps (the trifecta), Robert Arryn, Lyn Corbray, Bronze Yohn Royce, Thoros of Myr, Rickon Stark, Shaggydog, and Bronn's infant stepson Tyrion.

Barristan. He just won't have the will to live when he realizes the depth of his mistakes in ADWD.

Stannis. He is already well on his way towards dying as ADWD finishes.

Ramsay Snow. He is too impulsive and too hated to survive much longer.

Penny. Tyrion will be spurred into regenerating his own character by that.

Brienne. Fighting to defend Jaime from unCat, possibly. Jaime will have that much more of a reason to try and become the person worth of her sacrifice.

Robert Arryn. I doubt Petyr Baelish was truthful to Sansa in AFFC, or that he wants Robert to survive long.

Martin won't kill those characters that may still be needed in the plot but instead go for characters whose death may have a huge emotional impact on us readers, those who have grown to us or are hated by many so that killing them may have a catharsis effect:

Tommen and/or Myrcella :(

Missandei :( :(

Margaery, Loras, Garlan or Willas

Theon maybe

Either Roose or Ramsay

Maybe Jorah

Jon Connington may see Aegon die and Aegon will still live for a while.

Walder Frey not yet, actually I guess Frey's worst punishment will be to see many of his family die while he himself may survive the books

Cersei or Jaime not yet, they will be needed and I think they will leave this world together.

I guess Jon might be alive in whatever condition, he, Dany and Tyrion are still needed, they may survive or not, I hope they will.

Littlefinger will still be needed as antagonist, he and Sansa will still live for a while, Sansa may even survive the books

Arya's death :( would have a huge impact on us readers, actually she might be among the survivors but if she dies it would be a love or hate threshold for many readers like a potential death of Tyrion.

Rickon will be Lord of Winterfell, I bet. And Bran will survive, hmm, kind of. I am rooting for him.

I think Varys might survive as the fittest, adapting to whatever system to come. If the Others win he'll party with vanilla ice cream and Frozen Daiquiri instead of lamprey pie and Arbor gold.

Littlefinger will still be needed as antagonist, he and Sansa will still live for a while, Sansa may even survive the books

Arya's death :( would have a huge impact on us readers, actually she might be among the survivors but if she dies it would be a love or hate threshold for many readers like a potential death of Tyrion.

I really hope Arya doesn't die. I can see how her death would be horribly tragic and gut-wrenching and I think GRRM is aware of this... but I hope he doesn't pull the trigger. I want Arya to live and one day be happy again. But the fact is, her death (to me) would be so perfectly tragic, and I know some writers can't pass up an opportunity for a good death. God, I hope GRRM has other plans for her. Luckily, isn't she his wife's favorite character or something? Hopefully she'll make him see that Arya needs to live! ;)

I agree that there is a definite chance for Sansa to survive overall, given how her arc has gone. I think she and Rickon will make it.

I want the Wall the come down at least at the 3/4 way of the book. Because I've got a feeling that the Others won't enter the realm only through North (that would be boring and the southorn still wouldn't believe their existence much..) but I think they will strike from every side of it whence the Wall is down. I think that would be fun to read, Varys vs a White Walker, realising all his plots are in naught at the final moment of his life :D Maybe we can get a Varys epilogue :bowdown:

Archived