Joe Abercrombie's 'The Blade Itself' - book club

Crown

Could all the unspoiled ones please check in and give me an status update on the books, if you already have or if you are still waiting. I'd like to get started.

Yes, I am impatient.

Gillio, are you joining aswell? Did you already read some of the books?

Waiting for Alex Baratheon, Fragile Bird and King Euron Greyjoy to give us an update on their status so we can create a spoiler-policy get this started.

I'm in the last couple of books of Dorothy Dunnett's Nicollo series, but yeah, I'll keep up with this one too, My son's been telling me to read them for ages, but I've been reading the Lymond series, and now Niccollo but the end is in sight and I'll be sorry if I dont join you guys.

I would like to read the books too. I already have an electronic english version of the book but I would like to find a translated one or maybe buy a paper one .

Also i have a lot of things to do next weeks (the exams are starting) so i don't know how much i'll be able to read. Anyway if I'll get started I'll let you know.

We got 46 chapters in The Blade Itself. Perhaps we can do two chapters a day, starting tomorrow? I got a schedule in the spoilertag, including chapter titles, but they don't contain any spoilers as far as I know.

Explanation: the dates correspond with the chapters you read that day, the day after you'll be allowed to discuss them without spoilertags. Example: you read The End and The Survivors on Monday, and you can discuss them on Tuesday.

Monday, January 7th

The End

The Survivors

Tuesday, January 8th

Questions

No Choice at All

Wednesday, January 9th

Playing With Knives

Teeth and Fingers

Thursday, January 10th

The Wide and Barren North

Fencing Practice

Friday, January 11th

The Morning Ritual

First of the Magi

Saturday, January 12th

The Good Man

On The List

Sunday, January 13th

An Offer and a Gift

The King of the Northmen

Monday, January 14th

A Road Between Two Dentist

Flatheads

Tuesday, January 15th

The Course of True Love

How Dogs are Trained

Wednesday, January 16th

Tea and Vengeance

What Freedom Looks Like

Thursday, January 17th

The King's Justice

Means of Escape

Friday, January 18th

Three Signs

The Theatrical Outfitter's

Saturday, January 19th

Barbarians at the Gate

Next

Sunday, January 20th

Better than Death

Sore Thumb

Monday, January 21th

Questions

Nobility

Tuesday, January 22th

Dark Work

Words and Dust

Wednesday, January 23th

The Remarkable Talents of Brother Longfoot

Her Kind Fight Everything

Thursday, January 24th

She Loves Me . . . Not

The Seed

Friday, January 25th

Never Bet Against a Magus

Ideal Audience

Saturday, January 26th

The House of the Maker

Nobody's Dog

Sunday, January 27th

Each Man Worships Himself

Old Friends

Monday, January 28th

Back to the Mud

Misery

Tuesday, January 29th

The Tools we Have

Let me know what you think.

I suggest to be quicker. Who takes a month to read a book, if it is interesting?

I agree, I could manage up to four chapters (or more), just let me know what others think. Should we be quicker?

Do we have to have 2 chapters a day? I have exams for the next two weeks, and a few other people do to from what I've heard. I liked the idea of 100-150 pages a week better.

2 chapters a day equals about 150 pages a week.

Sounds amazing gang! But I am determined to finish Dreamsongs V1 and V2 before I start anything else. Joe Abercrombie's books sound good though! Are any of his stories in Warriors? That's the next thing I'm planning. I've been far away from short stories for far too long. I had forgotten the delights of reading anthologies.

Archived