Theories for TWoW, round 2 [SPOILERS]

OberynBlackfyre

The North

A fight between the NW and the wildlings ensues after the assassination. Because of the confusion, Bowen and his cronies persuade other brothers that the wildlings attacked and killed Jon. Team Selyse helps the NW. The wildlings are driven away. Selyse appoints Bowen as the LC. Jon is mistaken for dead but he actually falls into a coma. His body is put into an ice cell by Bowen to show the Boltons when they arrive (based on the PL). Mel feels increasingly troubled and confused about this whole thing and her visions. After three days, Bowen comes to the ice cell and finds Jon’s body missing. He does not know that Val has secretly smuggled Jon’s body with the help of Wun Wun. Jon’s body is taken before the Whitetree to be healed by Bran. On the way, Jon finishes his dream in the crypts and learns R+L=J.

The Weeper takes the Shadow Tower and puts the entire garrison to sword. The wildlings start rebelling against this new NW. Things go bad and the majority of the wildlings take Weeper as their leader. Selyse and her knights retreat to Nightfort for safety.

But I think Melisandre is set up to be a major role at the Wall. And I'm not talking about resurrecting Jon, but still something to do with him as well as having the queen's men and Selyse under her control against or with the new NW, probably against though.

The North

A fight between the NW and the wildlings ensues after the assassination. Because of the confusion, Bowen and his cronies persuade other brothers that the wildlings attacked and killed Jon. Team Selyse helps the NW. The wildlings are driven away. Selyse appoints Bowen as the LC. Jon is mistaken for dead but he actually falls into a coma. His body is put into an ice cell by Bowen to show the Boltons when they arrive (based on the PL). Mel feels increasingly troubled and confused about this whole thing and her visions. After three days, Bowen comes to the ice cell and finds Jon’s body missing. He does not know that Val has secretly smuggled Jon’s body with the help of Wun Wun. Jon’s body is taken before the Whitetree to be healed by Bran. On the way, Jon finishes his dream in the crypts and learns R+L=J.

The Weeper takes the Shadow Tower and puts the entire garrison to sword. The wildlings start rebelling against this new NW. Things go bad and the majority of the wildlings take Weeper as their leader. Selyse and her knights retreat to Nightfort for safety.

Davos comes to Skagos. He starts to nurse doubts about the official story of how Rickon/Asha got there as told by Manderly. It does not feel right. In Skagos, Davos is captured and sent to prison. He manages to get out of the prison and convince the Skagosi to send their aid by using his diplomatic skills. They land at Eastwatch with a Skagosi host.

After waking him up, Bran tells Jon to go to Eastwatch. He also tells him that it was Stannis who wrote the PL and explains why he had to speak like Ramsay because he did not fully trust Bran that he could direct the bird to CB. Jon unites with Rickon, Shaggydog, Osha, Davos and the Skagosi host at Eastwatch. They are joined by the giants. They quickly go to Hardhome and save the surviving people. They bring them back and pass South of the Wall at Eastwatch. With a Skagosi host stiffened by the giants and the wildlings rescued from Hardhome, Jon starts for Castle Black to have a “conversation” with Bowen. Bowen flees before Jon comes. Jon defeats the Weeper in a duel and once again becomes the de facto leader of the wildlings.

The Freys drown in the frozen lake. Stannis wins the Battle of Ice. He sends Theon, Asha, Tycho and a bunch of men to the Wall. They come to the Shadow Tower. Unbeknownst to them, Weeper is in charge now. He takes them as captives and during the fight, Weeper slays Asha. Theon is blinded by Weeper. After Jon slays the Weeper, he lets Theon go as requested by Bran. Theon starts to act like the messenger of Bran.

After the Battle of Ice, Stannis and the Manderly men shake hands. It is possible that the Manderlys carry a letter from Davos written after hislast POV and before departing for Skagos. Stannis fakes his death and sends the Manderlys and the Karstarks with his sword and the head of Arnolf Karstark as his own head.

It is revealed that Stannis had sent some of his men with the captured ironborn ships disguised as ironborn and have them attack Barrowton. This way, he wants the Dustins to return to defend their lands against this “ironborn” attack.

Roose now thinks that fArya is sent to the Wall before the Battle of Ice. Hence he prepares his men to put an end to the presence of Stannis at the Wall and see the body of Jon as Bowen claims to have. With the dwindled army and the presence of Stark loyalists, Jon now realizes that he can defeat Roose with his army of wildlings, Skagos, and the giants. He makes his plans and decided to face them at Longlake. Jon ambushes the Boltons with his wildlings. After the battle is joined, the giants come out and take the Boltons in the rear. Jon slays Ramsay and Roose on the battle field. Meanwhile, the gates of Winterfell are opened to Stannis after the departure of Roose and he takes the castle. He goes North to deal with Roose but sees that the battle is already won. He comes late to this new Battle of Longlake like Sleepy Jack did once. On the battle field, Stannis, Davos and Jon have words.

Rickon is installed to Winterfell as acting Lord Stark in Bran’s stead because Jon and probably Rickon too insist that Bran is alive. The North declares for Stannis. Jon returns to his duty and try to reinstall the defenses at the Wall. I think it is possible that the Others will make an attack to Skagos with the “dead things in the water” and Jon will have to deal with it too.

Meanwhile, Bran gives us more info about the Others, whereabouts of Benjen and other important stuff possibly related to prophecies. I think Bran might send Theon along with Tycho to Braavos first to fetch Arya back. There is a foreshadowing about Arya during her boat trip. Her ship was about to crash a tree which looked like a kraken. Theon might qualify as that kraken. I think Arya returns to Westeros with Theon but depending on circumstances, she might go South to do some killings without seeing Jon. Bran then sends Theon to Iron Islands after the death of Euron. Theon warns Aeron and the ironborn to leave the Old Way but Aeron will not listen. Bran sends the Hammer of the Waters to Pyke to slay the newly crowned Aeron. The ironborn take that as the wrath of the Drowned God and believe Theon's words.

After rallying the North and settling the dust, Stannis turns his eyes to South. In the Vale, LF is slain by Sansa but after killing her, she flees. Stannis thinks of securing the Vale and filling the power vacuum with a marriage alliance between SR and Shireen and promising justice for Lord Arryn, Robar Royce etc. However, Tyrion sees the opportunity too and he presses the Vale on the behalf of Dany. The Vale Lords remain divided and undecided because fAegon is an option for them too. The matter is decided with a battle between Stannis and Dany. Stannis is once again defeated but he manages to retreat to Nightfort. The Northmen abandon Stannis after the defeat and declare Bran as the King of Winter.

I think this is end of Northern arcs as far as TWoW is concerned but there might be editoral cuts before the books is released.

LC are voted on not appointed. Selyse has no authority in the NW. Bowen doesn't even want her there because it'll imply that the NW are supporting Stannis. In actuality Bowen is conspiring with Cercei to have Jon removed for that reason. Also there is no way Bowen can deny killing Jon. It was in public right after Jon gave a big speech about going to Winterfell and asking for help to go with him. The reason they stabbed Jon was so he won't effect the battle at winterfell not because he broke his vows to the NW. I think once they ambush Jon, the wildings intervene, a battle ensues, and Jon's body is taken and hidden at an unknown Castle. The NW is dissolved. There is no LC during this time. Bowen Marsh is dead, Cotter Pyke is gone, there's no leader.

Also I disagree that Stannis and Manderly's shake hands after the battle. Stannis believes Davos is dead by Manderly's orders. If Davos is at the wall, as you say, there is no one to broker the partnership between the two factions. Also Manderly won't fight for Stannis until he discovers Arya is really Jeyne or Rickon comes to Winterfell. Manderly won't oppose the fake Arya. He has too much respect for Ned Stark.

Lastly with the Vale, I think they'll follow whoever Winterfell follows. Following Dany or Aegon is not an option as the Targaryens killed Brandon Stark, Rickard Stark, and a member of House Arryn. Without LF, there's no reason for the Vale to back either Targaryen.

• 2 weeks later...

Roose wont kill ramsay. If he wanted to, he would have done it long ago. Roose believes its too late for him to father another son to be heir of dreadfort. That's why he's left with no choice but Ramsay. It makes no sense for him to arrange ramsay to be lord of winterfell only to kill him afterwards.

Roose's plans for Ramsey may not have extended beyond him giving Arya (JP) an heir. Then Roose would have a grandchild as the heir to WF and Ramsey would be very expendible.

The Boltons will come to an end, on that much we can all agree

Tyrion, Victarion and Barristan will participate in the Battle of Meereen

In the Battle of Ice, Stannis will manage to trick Hosteen Frey into charging along the ice, and falling through. Then, after Manderly's forces arrive, they take the Freys in the rear pushing them into the lake. Manderly comes to WF with Stannis's sword and a few heads to convince the Boltons that Stannis is dead, and that "Arya" was taken to the Wall to Jon Snow. The Boltons leave for the Wall, and Manderly delivers WF to Stannis. When the Boltons reach the Wall, Jon kills Ramsay Bolton in single combat, and he kills Roose as well, avenging both Robb and Rodrik Cassel.

Euron's forces attack Oldtown, and Sam puts an arrow the eye of the Crow's Eye, and Connington's forces arrive to take the Ironborn by surprise and aid Oldtown. Lords Hightower and Redwyne swear Aegon fealty for aiding them when they received no help from KL.

Davos finds Rickon, and brings him to STannis with the forces of Skagos as well.

The crows eye getting pecked to death by a bunch of ravens controlled by bran :)

One of the Boltons makes it back to the dreadfort after Stannis wipes out the forces coming out to face him. Either Roose getting slaughtered in Winterfell while Ramsay escapes the battle of Ice, or Roose fleeing winterfell with his men while Ramsay's turned on by everyone.

The Wildlings take control of much of the wall from the Nights watch and depending on which bolton survives the Ryswell/Daltons make a move to support them or stand against them as well as the Umber/Manderly alliance, with Stannis being allied with one of them.

Euron turns up in meereen not long after Vicky to sacrifice his brother and steal a dragon. Barriston dies in the battle, but Dany arrives to find Euron having saved her city and claimed a dragon. With his fleet, dragon, and how much he reminds her of Daario, Dany can't resist the Crow's Eye and they burn slaver's bay the way Nymeria burned her ships after landing in Dorne to mark their departure.

Arianne doesn't end up marrying Aegon, though one of the sandsnakes gets Tommen to pass some decrees promoting many aspects of Dornish Law, like gender-equal inheritance laws. Could see Dorne then trying to marry Mycella off to Aegon so that they can expose the twincest secret later, if they need to weaken Aegon in the gear up to the Dance 2.0

That's where the Tarlys, Rowans and Hightowers turn against the Tyrells if the Tyrells don't turn on the Lannisters first. Leading Cersei to burn down kingslanding before the traitors or Aegon can take the city.

Sansa pushes LF to make her his official heir before setting up his downfall by exposing him for murdering Sweetrobin. Though she never marries Harry the Heir she becomes lady of Harrenhal and gets some initial support from the armies of the vale in establishing herself while the lannister and tyrell/tyrell-deserters forces turn on each other.

Jon gets a crash course in warging while his body is recovered by the Others and fixed up so he can return to it and get to know the Others like he did the Wildlings.

Barriston dies in the battle, but Dany arrives to find Euron having saved her city and claimed a dragon

There is a Barristan Selmy chapter from the next book: Barristan Selmy gathers the men of Meereen, goes out of the city and clash the enemy armies. Not everything turns out as he expected, but then warriors arrive with kraken flags and crush the enemy.

Also Victarion Greyjoy chapter: the ironborn invade merchant ships. Victarion orders some of his men to disquise themselves as merchants and sail to Meereen with the ships.

So probably the ironborn was sneaking to Meereen on water as merchants and joined the battle on the side of Barristan and they win, coz a big part of the enemy armies is totally useles.

There is a Barristan Selmy chapter from the next book: Barristan Selmy gathers the men of Meereen, goes out of the city and clash the enemy armies. Not everything turns out as he expected, but then warriors arrive with kraken flags and crush the enemy.

Also Victarion Greyjoy chapter: the ironborn invade merchant ships. Victarion orders some of his men to disquise themselves as merchants and sail to Meereen with the ships.

So probably the ironborn was sneaking to Meereen on water as merchants and joined the battle on the side of Barristan and they win, coz a big part of the enemy armies is totally useles.

The Meereenese/Ironborn forces should win the battle of meereen, especially when at least part of the Volanteen slave fleet mutinies and switches to dany's cause...but I have a hard time seeing Barristan surviving for too much longer as all of these POVs arrive/return to Meereen and learn the lay of the land, especially if Euron is following Vicky with those ships vic lost in the storm, like I suspect he is.

I just can't shake the feeling that Dany's Daario-boner was a set up for Dany to get the hots for Euron hard. Nor can I picture Euron sending Vicky off after the dragons without following him and surrounding him with spies to make sure everything goes according to Euron's plan. After how disappointed Euron was with the Ironborn forces his new crown had given him I just can't believe that he'd stick around Westeros with them while his idiot brother goes off to get the weapons that could actually conquer westeros for the Crow's Eye. And if Euron's hanging around Meereen I can't see anyway he lets Barristan live, whether it be getting Selmy killed in battle somewhere along the way, or having him assassinated (maybe as a way to drive a permanent wedge between Dany and slaver's bay).

This is fun. Here're mine:

South:

Dany will spend the book getting to Westeros. She'll lose some people on the way (like Daario, Barristan) but will gain others (Tyrion, Sam). Victarion will be the one who will have control of Viserion and Rhaegal for the majority of the book. He'll die after he transfers the dragons to Euron.

Cersei will finally reign supreme. The Faith will deal with the Tyrells for her, but to rise to power, she will kill Tommen. She will also kill Varys.

Aegon and the Martells will spend some time in Dorne, then attack the Lannister lands and the Reach. He'll ally with Euron.

Speaking of Euron, he'll attack the Citadel, but then ally with the maesters. They'll be keen to support a man with dragons.

Endstate in the South: a Dorne-Golden Company-Citadel-Iron Islands alliance, Cersei rules over King's Landing. Tyrells utterly destroyed. Dany making landfall.

alternative: Aegon and Euron clash, Aegon takes over control of dragons from Euron.

East/Middle:

Jaime and Brienne tasked by LSH to retrieve Arya from Braavos. They fail. Arya decides to kill Littlefinger and Alayne, starting from Alayne.

Sansa consolidates power in a filler subplot. LSH encroaches on the Twins, but does not attack yet.

edit: OK, how about this:

Jaime and Brienne escape LSH together. They realise they love each other and spend a time together. (Jaime will still totally go and kill Cersei in the last book.)

Sansa kills Blackfish and sleeps with Littlefinger. Arya is recalled to Westeros by Nymeria. LSH encroaches on the Twins, but does not attack yet.

Endstate in the Middle: preparing to kill Cersei and Littlefinger in the final book.

North:

Jon is dead the entire book. Davos is missing the entire book. Bran does not do much the entire book, but acts through Theon. Theon and Asha join Stannis. Stannis fights the Boltons, dies by the end. Shireen survives; Shireen and Rickon will be married, with Shireen on the IT and Rickon as KITN by the end of the story, when everyone else (including Dany and Jon) will be dead. But that's more for the ADOS thread. TWOW in the North will end with the fall of the Wall.The Wall falls.

edit: Also: Ramsay escapes, joins the Others. Theon holds Winterfell at the end of the book.

King's Landing:

I really have no idea what to expect here. I don't know if Cersei is mad enough to burn the city yet. I personally believe her walk of penance was her breaking point and we'll see a slightly more insane / paranoid Cersei but one with more morals, her routine as mentioned at the end of aDwD was supposedly spending time with Tommen and Prayer. I think Tommen is definitely a goner no matter what i just don't know how he'll die because it could be anything. In Cersei's prophecy isn't it mentioned that her downfall will be a girl more beautiful than her? I think Margaery who's been brought up as Olenna's protege' will play a big part next time we see her whether she lives or dies. I think Cersei will die in the final book of the series but it could just as easily happen here and when she does i hope her and her children are strung up reliving the rains of castamere. though in saying this it'd be a damn shame to kill her off, i was one of the few who loved the Cersei chapters in aFfC and aDwD because she's such a complex and entertaining character,

Brotherhood without Banners:

I heavily doubt Jaime or Brienne will die unless their bodies are burned or buried as in the Cersei POV it was mentioned that Jaime disappeared weeks ago i do believe and i highly doubt people wouldn't have noticed the Kingslayer or the Heir of Tarth dead in the woods. I think she sends Brienne to continue tracking down Sansa / Arya and keeps Jaime hostage to get into the Frey wedding to get her revenge for Robb and herself. I doubt Cat will die again, it's a waste of pages to bring back a character just to kill them all over again after barely using them so i think by the end of aDoS she'll be reunitid with Sansa atleast. I think once Jaime has served his purpose Cat will have to decide to take her revenge on him as-well or let him live out his days on his own terms. I think she may feel conflicted about this since he'd have helped her in a way but if i remember correctly she won't forget the words:

"Jaime Lannister sends his regards"

The Wall:

I don't think Melissandre would risk her life to revivie Jon nor do i think half of the ridiculous theories i've read on another site where Stoneheart revives him in exchange for her own life are plausible. Melissandre has a goal and i doubt she's going to risk herself that much to save Jon, the bloke ignored her advice and wound up being murdered. I've enjoyed his storyline but there isn't a whole lot else for him to do except fight against the White Walkers. I think it'd be pointless anyway for GRRM to revive Jon and i think his storyline has reached it's end, what else is he going to do? Die fighting the White Walkers? Win and take the throne? Please don't be silly. I believe many are going to die in tWoW to start clearing the storyline a bit and start setting in motion the ending GRRM's planned. I heavily doubt the Wall or NW will live past the epilogue (Melissandre Included).

Braavos:

I think Arya may end up abandoning the faceless men or being sent to Westeros on a contract of sorts. I'm hoping we actually get more Arya instead of more Mercy or other characters. I don't know whether or not she will live through the book and i hope she does as i love Arya and the Stark family but in saying that just because they've lost a few members doesn't mean the Starks are now invincible. I think we can expect another death with them.Another possible option for Arya is if Dany goes nto Braavos and the two meet.

Mereen:

I think we already have a decent idea thanks to the preview chapters that during the battle of Mereen we see Victarion arrive. I think Barristan will die in this book and Jorah will have to find a way to be forgiven by Dany and step up again. I'd love to see Victarion blow the horn and have Viserion and Rhaegal turn against him burning him to a crisp but i doubt that'll happen. I think the most likely options here would be for him to wait for Danaerys in a foolish attempt to take her as a wife and give her the horn to control D/V/R OR for him to decide she's likely dead and take off with them anyhow giving Dany a new reason to go to Westeros.

Dany:

I don't know about Vaes Dothrak but i do think she's about to remind Jhaqo who she is. The Dothraki follow only the strong and when a woman comes riding up on a Dragon i think the horde behind him will question who to follow. I'd love to see her go to Old Valyria and learn something new about her Dragons if not plenty new. I don't think she'll gain full control over the Dothraki because of how hard it would be to arrive in Westeros with that many Dothraki plus horses and slaves not to mention the Unsullied and the slaves she already has. If she does i'd also be pleased because her story would've come full circle. Ofcourse there is always the chance that she decides to rule Slavers Bay as it's own independent Country.´but i doubt her story will be that disappointing. I think she will arrive in Westeros by the end of tWoW or atleast leave there. I think when she does arrive she'll find that the White Walkers have already crushed the wall and divert her attention slightly. When it comes as a question of the realm or the throne i think she'll find herself fighting to end the invasion this causes.

Dorne:

I think Doran will likely also be dead before long and we know he's sent off Arianne who is his heir to deal with Aegon. I think now that the sand snakes are being sent to KL that may even play a part in the overal way Tommen dies.

Sam:

No idea what to expect here but i've never really thought of Sam as an essential character, I'm hoping he becomes one in this book as i like his personality.

Tyrion:

I think he'll end up with Dany as a member of her council with Barristan gone or he'll end up feeding Drogon. When she returns another decision is going to be made and Tyrion is far from useless. I don't agree with the theories about him having more ability controlling Dragons than her though.

Bran:

I think Bran's role is going to be quite large as he gets more and more experienced with his abilities especially with the preview Arianne chaptersrevealing the Weirwoods in the south. The only way i think would be plausible for Jon to come back is if with Theon's possible sacrifice in front of a Weirwood becoming a reality that Bran finds the power from that to revive him. I highly doubt someone who has been stabbed that many times in those areas could survive that so those theories might not be so likely but it's fiction so it's not ruled out.

Sansa:

I think Sansa's controversial chapter may be her killing Littlefinger but another idea though less likely is Sansa murdering Sweetrobin who's most likely dead next book anyway. It'd not only be more merciful than the suffering he'd have to endure but it'd also be for personal gain and after all the poor girl's gone through and what she seems to be picking up from LF it'd be another step in taking control of the Vale. I do hope her and LS meet up though, a reunion is needed for once.

Stannis:

I don't think Stannis will live to see past the Winter. I hope he wins the battle against the Boltons but at the same time, they're inside of Winterfell and him and his men are exhausted and drained and are on foot the odds are against him but should he be able to win i still think he'll go out like a hero against the White Walkers. I don't see him living, especially since he truly believes his claim to the throne is above any other.

....Silly question I know, but I sometimes wonder if planetos is round??? I mean all this talk of heading to the land of always winter or Dany going east to get west, I mean if you kept going east wouldn't you end up in the west or same with going to far north?

I also wonder if the walkers make any apperances in Essos

All of these predictions have been a fun read, so whatever happens in Westeros, I will be happy. So long as this happens:

Dany & Drogon burn Meereen to the ground, and noone with a name like "Snackpack zo Hackysack" ever, ever appears again :cool4:

I think if Mel heals Jon and he wakes up at some point, the Wildlings would have taken the wall. If he just could take'm to the Stannis army, he would win the battle. Why? Because savages are really good at walking in the snow. Like, really.

What I expect to see

1) The demise of the Boltons. Personally, I think Tycho will get captured by Ramsey retreating to the Dreadfort. The Iron Bank will put out a contract on Ramsey and Arya will be the one who kills him.

2) I'm guessing blood magic will save Jon, By Melisandre - maybe a sacrifice of Ghost aka the death of his Stark-ness, and will then officially become Targ. I'm guessing they then head north.

3) A Sansa betrothal to Aegon. I'm thinking this will piss off Dorne, ultimately screwing Aegon and JonCon leading to their demise.

4) The death of Tommen and Myrcella. I don't know how, but with both dead, Stannis would be the next heir. Cersei will go full on Aerys II, try to burn the capitol down. That's when I think Jaime kills her (he gets away from zombie Cat).

5) I think Tyrion, Selmy, Jorah, and Victarion will all get pressured into heading to Pentos after promising it to the Windblown and the destruction of Meereen, and I think that's where they'll (surprisingly) meet up with Dany.

6) The wall will come down. It has to. You don't include a wall if it's not going to be knocked down. Listening to Pink Floyd has taught me that. I'm guessing Sam fixes the horn, and with help from the Hightowers (not the citadel), on the top of the Hightower, he blows the horn, maybe to warn the city of an attack from Euron, and the wall comes crumbling down.

What I expect to see

1) The demise of the Boltons. Personally, I think Tycho will get captured by Ramsey retreating to the Dreadfort. The Iron Bank will put out a contract on Ramsey and Arya will be the one who kills him.

2) I'm guessing blood magic will save Jon, By Melisandre - maybe a sacrifice of Ghost aka the death of his Stark-ness, and will then officially become Targ. I'm guessing they then head north.

3) A Sansa betrothal to Aegon. I'm thinking this will piss off Dorne, ultimately screwing Aegon and JonCon leading to their demise.

4) The death of Tommen and Myrcella. With both dead, Stannis would be the next heir. Cersei will go full on Aerys II, try to burn the capitol down. That's when I think Jaime kills her (he gets away from zombie Cat).

5) I think Tyrion, Selmy, Jorah, and Victarion will all get pressured into heading to Pentos after promising it to the Windblown and the destruction of Meereen, and I think that's where they'll (surprisingly) meet up with Dany.

Stannis sees a vision of himself burning alive in the flames. Maybe he is in KL when Cersei torches the place???

where is this vision?

I know the cost! Last night, gazing into that hearth, I saw things in the flames as well. I saw a king, a crown of fire on his brows, burning… burning, Davos. His own crown consumed his flesh and turned him into ash. Do you think I need Melisandre to tell me what that means? Or you?[45]

– Stannis, to Davos Seaworth In a storm of Swords

Archived