Rickon's arrival and its impact on Sansa.

TheeMikeHoncho

Even if Rickon turns up, Sansa remains an exceptionally powerful piece (and maybe soon player).

She will be heir to Rickon at Winterfell

With Edmure and his heir captured and Blackfish MIA has a claim to Riverrun (if Rickon takes WF she is next in line

She is cousin to Lord of the Vale and his carer, also possibly about to marry his heir

i think rickon has been setup to be the lord of winterfell since bran was crippled. i just keep having a feeling that sansa will end up with sandor at the end. possibly tyrion or harold. arya and bran i feel are the more difficult characters to pick. jon will rule with dany, ruling mereen and the wall is teaching them to comand.

If Sansa wound up with Sandor, I'd jump for joy. Harry? I'm reserving judgment until we actually meet the guy. Tyrion? Too much baggage to make it a happy union, IMO. What I really want is for Sansa to lead a happy life no matter who she winds up with (or whether she becomes a virgin queen figure like Elizabeth I).

Even if Rickon turns up, Sansa remains an exceptionally powerful piece (and maybe soon player).

She will be heir to Rickon at Winterfell

With Edmure and his heir captured and Blackfish MIA has a claim to Riverrun (if Rickon takes WF she is next in line

She is cousin to Lord of the Vale and his carer, also possibly about to marry his heir

Good call re Riverrun. Edmure is captured and who knows what will happen to him. Roslin is pregnant but I predict she will die in childbirth as she's small and frail and the Rosbys are notoriously unhealthy (no matter what the Frey maester told Catelyn - of course the maester is going to say she's healthy and strong and capable of bearing children whether or not it's true!). Plus, I'm not betting on the survival of House Frey - it's not just Lady Stoneheart and the Northerners wanting them dead, it's probably going to be the entire of Westeros due to their violation of guest right. (I'd love to see Gatehouse Ami as the last Frey standing. :lol: )

If Roslin dies without delivering a live, healthy child, Edmure could marry again, but that's if he survives the war. Blackfish is unmarried and childless and will stay that way. The next in line for Riverrun is Sansa, as Catelyn's eldest daughter. It's very possible Riverrun will be hers.

It's been a while since I read the books but did Sansa hear about the supposed Arya?

When it comes to the Stark kids I always think of what Eddard said about the lone wolf dies but the pack survives.

And so imo, the reason she's still playing it close is because she thinks she's the only Stark left besides her half-brother.

I think once Rickon shows up, Arya (Jeyne Poole) is revealed as fake, and/or she hears of Jon's assassination or coronation as king in the North (assuming Robb legitimized him and made him heir) then she might be enticed to scheme against LF.

the tullys no longer hold riverrun the castle and its holdings were granted 2 Emmon frey creating house frey of riverrun so sansa has no claim there

Says the Irone THrone not the Kingdom in the North or Lords of Rivverun, Taking is normally what people do in Westeros so why not take it and then talk about claims latter it was what Renly had in mind.

Sansa's destiny is not in Winterfell. It could be in the Vale, maybe the Riverlands, maybe Casterly Rock, it might even be in KL. But I don't think Rickon will have a major impact on Sansa. It might be a minor inconvenience for LF, but LF needed to move a lot more pieces(the Boltons) before he could even consider making a play for Winterfell.

If Sansa wound up with Sandor, I'd jump for joy. Harry? I'm reserving judgment until we actually meet the guy. Tyrion? Too much baggage to make it a happy union, IMO. What I really want is for Sansa to lead a happy life no matter who she winds up with (or whether she becomes a virgin queen figure like Elizabeth I).

Good call re Riverrun. Edmure is captured and who knows what will happen to him. Roslin is pregnant but I predict she will die in childbirth as she's small and frail and the Rosbys are notoriously unhealthy (no matter what the Frey maester told Catelyn - of course the maester is going to say she's healthy and strong and capable of bearing children whether or not it's true!). Plus, I'm not betting on the survival of House Frey - it's not just Lady Stoneheart and the Northerners wanting them dead, it's probably going to be the entire of Westeros due to their violation of guest right. (I'd love to see Gatehouse Ami as the last Frey standing. :lol: )

If Roslin dies without delivering a live, healthy child, Edmure could marry again, but that's if he survives the war. Blackfish is unmarried and childless and will stay that way. The next in line for Riverrun is Sansa, as Catelyn's eldest daughter. It's very possible Riverrun will be hers.

Isn't Harrenhall in the Riverlands? I thought LF could be warden of the Riverlands before Emmon?

If Rickon is announced alive to the world, this will seriously hamper LF having the Vale try to claim Sansa's birthright as she is not the rightful heir to Winterfell, and no longer as valuable a piece in the game of thrones. He may decide to take her maidenhead instead like Viserys tried to do with Dany.

If Rickon is announced alive to the world, this will seriously hamper LF having the Vale try to claim Sansa's birthright as she is not the rightful heir to Winterfell, and no longer as valuable a piece in the game of thrones. He may decide to take her maidenhead instead like Viserys tried to do with Dany.

LF's hold on the Vale is tenuous at best. He needs to solidify his authority by marrying Sansa to either Sweet Robin or Harry the Heir.

Isn't Harrenhall in the Riverlands? I thought LF could be warden of the Riverlands before Emmon?

Yes Littlefinger is the Lord Paramount of the Riverlands so he is Lord over all the Freys and the other Riverlords. However the Riverlords especially the Freys are dismissive of Littlefinger's authority., He is going to have to do something fairly dramatic, like crushing the Freys , to cement his authority in the Riverlands.

the tullys no longer hold riverrun the castle and its holdings were granted 2 Emmon frey creating house frey of riverrun so sansa has no claim there

since when do you think that matters? cersei's words are wind once dany comes to her throne. all of the freys WILL be dead by the end of this.. the north remembers..

Rickon's whole point in the story is to be the next long-lasting Lord/King Stark. Jon will be named King, due to Robb's will, but will not accept the position due to Rickon still being alive, and the fact that he either stays with the Watch or gets the Iron Throne. (Also, as an aside, Jon being named King by Robb will allow the wildlings to have a Stark ruler who is friendly to them and allows them to stay south of the Wall.)

Sansa, to me, will be in the South, either as Lady of the Vale, Riverrun, or (outside chance) Harrenhal. The thing is, now, is that all 3 of these places, no matter how you divide it up, can call forth 25,000-30,000 men(20,000 from the Vale, 5-10,000 in the Riverlands if you scrape the bottom of the barrel). Harrenhal is the Lord Paramount in name currently, while Riverrun is the ancestral Lord Paramount, so either way, she'd be a powerhouse in the Riverlands. At this point, if the North/Riverlands decide to make anyone in the South bleed, the Vale ain't sitting this one out. When Rickon is announced, if Littlefinger doesn't bestir himself, look for Sansa to put an end to him, either by herself or with help from someone else(Harry, Bronze Yohn, Myranda, Mya etc.). To prove she's a player(to the readers), I think she has to kill LF no matter how it goes down.

since when do you think that matters? cersei's words are wind once dany comes to her throne. all of the freys WILL be dead by the end of this.. the north remembers..

in terms of this thread (sansa) it matters alot as it provides another difficulty to her holding power dare with d castle having to be retakin. she may well kill LF (as i think she will) with the ghost of high heart mentioning sansa slaying a savage giant in a castle built of snow and call the baners on bobs behalf/ after her marriage to harry or under the rule/ manipulation of bronze Yohn/ lord declarent to reclaim the riverlands in d name of the tullys but in terms of succession she'd stil b behind edmure, his wife due to give birth and the blackfish.

I'm not saying she wont hold power there jst that its less likely she's obv being built up to be a player but i don't think she'd want to rule there with her uncle his possible hier and grand uncle alive and who supported her brother adn family in thier rebellion. family, duty, honour. and then thiers also the honourable royse's and other houses to consider assumin that LF dosen't put an end to them before sansa does to him.

in terms of this thread (sansa) it matters alot as it provides another difficulty to her holding power dare with d castle having to be retakin. she may well kill LF (as i think she will) with the ghost of high heart mentioning sansa slaying a savage giant in a castle built of snow and call the baners on bobs behalf/ after her marriage to harry or under the rule/ manipulation of bronze Yohn/ lord declarent to reclaim the riverlands in d name of the tullys but in terms of succession she'd stil b behind edmure, his wife due to give birth and the blackfish.

I'm not saying she wont hold power there jst that its less likely she's obv being built up to be a player but i don't think she'd want to rule there with her uncle his possible hier and grand uncle alive and who supported her brother adn family in thier rebellion. family, duty, honour. and then thiers also the honourable royse's and other houses to consider assumin that LF dosen't put an end to them before sansa does to him.

what i mean by this, is first of all.. edmure is at casterly rock as a prisoner. the lannisters hold the riverlands and riverrunn. emmon frey is basically ruled by his wife who is lannister. the lannisters hold the throne.. when dany comes, she will take them all out.. also, i thought that hoster hated the blackfish a ton and disenheirited him after he refused to marry some lady..

also i think sansa has a very real claim to riverrunn.. littlefinger is lord paramount of the vale AND the riverlands. isnt alayne stone(sansa!) his only bastard daughter, wouldnt that be his heir? boom dude.

Sansa's destiny is not in Winterfell. It could be in the Vale, maybe the Riverlands, maybe Casterly Rock, it might even be in KL. But I don't think Rickon will have a major impact on Sansa. It might be a minor inconvenience for LF, but LF needed to move a lot more pieces(the Boltons) before he could even consider making a play for Winterfell.

How about at Casterly Rock which is right next to the Clegane lands. Sansa and Sandor in place (romantic here).

I don't get all the Sansa/Sandor love here. I do think their paths may very well cross again but not in a romantic fashion. I mean isn't Sandor either Undead (the gravedigger on quiet Isle) or dead dead?

The Starks will never follow Stannis because they won't burn the godswood. The Old gods mean too much to them.

If the Starks tell Stannis that they declare for him if he leaves the godwoods alone, Stannis will happily agree and take some complaints from Mel/Selyse.

i think rickon has been setup to be the lord of winterfell since bran was crippled. i just keep having a feeling that sansa will end up with sandor at the end. possibly tyrion or harold. arya and bran i feel are the more difficult characters to pick. jon will rule with dany, ruling mereen and the wall is teaching them to comand.

Are you reading the same books as me?

Do you really think George is going to go with the fairy tail ending? Really? =p

While I could certainly see some of those scenarios playing out for a while.. to have that many pairings end happily.. not so much.

Archived