Who will Arya Kill? [Possible Spoliers]

jpkellirl

I'm wondering if something will jar her back to being Arya. I really like her and would love to see her eventually shed the other identities and become Arya again.

That is what I always hoped would happen. I don't think she is likely to shed her real identity completely, something will happen that gives her enough motivation to go rogue, thus allowing her to kill people she knows. I think she needs that. I always wanted her to one day be able to work through that death list of hers, although I agree a more major kill is waiting for her. I always wanted her to stick Tyiwn with needle, that would have been so satisfying!

I'm gonna say Theon. Just because someone has to take care of that.

That is what I always hoped would happen. I don't think she is likely to shed her real identity completely, something will happen that gives her enough motivation to go rogue, thus allowing her to kill people she knows. I think she needs that. I always wanted her to one day be able to work through that death list of hers, although I agree a more major kill is waiting for her. I always wanted her to stick Tyiwn with needle, that would have been so satisfying!

I'm gonna say Theon. Just because someone has to take care of that.

She also knows Theon. ;) Perhaps she would not recognize him that fast, but she knows him.

She also knows Theon. ;) Perhaps she would not recognize him that fast, but she knows him.

I kind of wonder if perhaps she'll be sent to kill someone from Arya's past and then she won't be able to do it because Arya knows that person (like Theon perhaps).

I don't know, just throwing stuff out there. Arya's arc is definitely focused around death (valar morghulis) and I do think that it's moving towards a significant death, whether at her hands or her own (please no!).

I think Arya's list is emphasized waaay too much in the books for her to become just a regular Faceless (Wo)man. My theory about her future is as follows:

1. Either

a: She decides to leave after her training or

b: One of the FM hears her reciting her list and kicks her out, as FM aren't supposed to be anyone, and 'no one' holds no personal grudges. This would happen after or late in her training, and by now she has the necessary skills to leave and

2. Go on a mad killing spree in Westeros, murdering at least one prominent person who she sees as being responsible for her father's, mother's (kind of) and brother's death. Cersei is a prime candidate, but Walder Frey, Roose Bolton or even Ilyn Payne are also possibilities.

3. I'm not sure what happens to her after this. She might die during an assassination, or reunite with her family. If Jon survives the Ides of Marsh, and marches for Winterfell, she might go there. Her longing for a reunion with Jon is something that she mentions a lot in the earlier books; this might just be their chance IMO.

Of course, I could be wrong, but I don't think it would be realistic for Arya to be able to lie to the Kindly Man (or any senior FM for that matter) about whether she knows a target or not, so if she stays with them I think her story-line is not heading towards vengeance for her House.

I don't think the FM would send Arya to kill anyone as important as Dany, surely they would use a vet assassin for that? I suppose if this Izembaro is a person, the FM could send him to kill Dany, and Arya would accompany him as his apprentice. That would be how her story ties into Dany's (which I'm certain will happen).

Dany has a soft spot in her heart for cleaver little girls with tragic life stories, it is known. Add that Arya knows both KL and the Red Keep and Dany will be all over her. Plus, old Barristan will never suspect her being up to anything naughty. She's the perfect infiltrator for Dany.

But the FM might not even seek to kill Dany. Remember that Arya is always instructed to learn things? Arya might simply be sent to spy on her for the FM, it's a more suitable recruit task and they will be interested in Dany's intentions.

I think there are two people who Arya may most likely kill. One is Dany and the other is Littlefinger. I can see Arya attempting to kill Dany, but failing which would make a future Dany and Jon encounter even more epic. Or being sent back to Westeros with Justin Massey and posse and ditch them when they arrive back in Westeros and head to the Vale. Which, would speed up the process of re-uniting the Stark children and possibly the Blackfish and Jeyne Westerling if the one Jaime saw is a fake.

I think going to Jon now just takes away the power the Arya is currently trying to get for herself.

There's a reason why Jon wanted to send Arya away coincidentally to Braavos. Stannis and presumably Selyse would just want to marry her off. Being Arya gets her handed off from one husband to the next. She was offered marriage at the HoB&W and rejected it. No one wants to be married to Ramsay anyway.

On topic, since the KM told Arya to learn the language of Pentos in ADWD I've had the theory that the convo Arya overheard in AGoT will come back into relevance. She saw and heard Illyrio but did not know who he was.

The dragons were no larger than the scrawny cats once seen skulking along the walls of Magister Illyrio's estate in Pentos

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/73174-moments-of-foreshadowing-2/page__st__380#entry3937078

I've seen her cat symbolism as a partial link to Illyrio and Varys. Arya is also learning similar skills to Varys.

Talking of Varys...

The wrinkled old lady smiled. "At Highgarden we have many spiders amongst the flowers. So long as they keep to themselves we let them spin their little webs, but if they get underfoot we step on them."

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/73174-moments-of-foreshadowing-2/page__st__380#entry3936795

Illyrio also calls Varys a wizard in AGoT and Arya later asks how can a wizard be killed and Arya describes Varys as a wizard to Ned.

I see Illyrio as more likely and Varys as less likely but both are possible.

Dany I'm quite certain that she will come across but it can be as said in as a spy rather than as an assassination.

. According to an interview the FM haven't yet been assigned to kill them so I presume it's happening. Arya is an acolyte though rather than an experienced FM but she is our only major FM character. She is learning about poisons and there are theories that the maesters got rid of them this way before. I see killing a dragon as the least likely possibility but still an option. In AGoT Arya first sees the dragon skulls as not a friend to her but later they seem like old friends so perhaps at first Arya will be in opposition to them and Dany but switch sides at a later event.

As for killing people she knows Arya can't do it as an acting FM but Arya has already broken the rules. Killing Dareon and her death list goes against the doctrine of the FM and she knows this very well by ADWD. She doesn't care that Daeron wasn't a justified kill and that she should not have personal hates still.

As for killing people she knows Arya can't do it as an acting FM but Arya has already broken the rules. Killing Dareon and her death list goes against the doctrine of the FM and she knows this very well by ADWD.

She knows it and they know it (and that she's likely to do it again). And there was Jaqen's odd behavior, too. I have to question that the FM have told her everything. I think they're all hiding things.

God, i hope it's not Sansa. But like Lady Sansa said, it's unlikely because they don't make the FM kill anyone they know. The Kindly Man knows exactly who Arya is, and i can't see anyone asking the Faceless Men to kill Alayne Stone. Littlefinger could be on the FM's list, but Alayne isn't important enough until she's revealed as Sansa, in which case Arya won't kill her anyway.

Maybe some heart broken Vale girl will pay for Alayne's death when the betrothal to Harry is announced?

As Varys in the show says when LF accuses him of the same thing, "I think you are mistaking business with pleasure."

He's still a child murderer though, so it would be fitting for Arya to kill him. Or maybe the little bird Sansa, but I have a hard time seeing her taking out both LF and Varys.

Hi!

I was reflecting on this the other day and something did point me to her being assigned to Alayne Stone. As far as I know - no one knows who she is besides Littlefinger.

I know that Needle has to come back out from under the steps at some point, though. I really look forward to that.

Maybe Jeyne Poole offers herself up for someone to kill Ramsay for the things he has put her through?? So Arya takes her face so she is Arya that looks like Jeyne who is supposed to be Arya?

I hope that she makes it back to Jon at some point. That's maybe the one thing in the whole series that I hope for (I know what happens in ADWD btw. A guy can hope though)

Archived