[Sample] Arianne I

Ran

Suspicious Dorne playing it the only way they know how: slowly and methodically.

That dream of the little girl is interesting too.. perhaps a little foreshadowing?

It has to be foreshadowing, two dragons dancing and people dying beneth them. DotD part 2 :devil:

Elia Sand, the self-proclaimed Lady Lance, is both annoying and funny, in a pushy teenaged way.

She and Aegon should get on famously :) I'm intrigued by the relationship between Arianne and Daemon Sand and Martin's continuation of this duty vs. desire theme.

Great sample chapter!

I can't wait to get the book!

There is a lot of very interesting stuff in the chapter such as Arianne's thoughts about Quentyn, Dany & Aegon, the little snippet about Aurane Waters & Teora Tolland's dream.

Also Ser Daemon Sand seems like an interesting character!

I can't wait for the book to come out!

Finally having read this through -- too busy -- one of my favorite things about this chapter is that you can actually see that Arianne's changed from AFfC. Look at how thoughtful she is, really trying to get at these questions about what's going on, what's real and what's not. She's constantly trying to get information, constantly trying to think things through, and realizing how hard it is to sort it out.

Not to say that her libido has been reined in, admittedly, what with her being perfectly aware of her weakness for good-looking men... and then going around trying to bed Daemon Sand again.

And why did Doran pick Daemon to be her shield, "knowing [their] history"? Someone to keep her on her toes, someone who can be trusted not to just have their heads turned around? Or because of his connection to Oberyn, and his being something of his protege? He'd probably be a sharp fellow, if Oberyn had any say in the sort of youth he had as a squire.

And why did Doran pick Daemon to be her shield, "knowing [their] history"? Someone to keep her on her toes, someone who can be trusted not to just have their heads turned around? Or because of his connection to Oberyn, and his being something of his protege? He'd probably be a sharp fellow, if Oberyn had any say in the sort of youth he had as a squire.

Probably so we could read about her nipples again.

My initial response: OH MY FUCKING GAWD IT'S GOING DOWN.

SPOILERS IN COMING:

For one, I'm loving that people aren't licking the Targaeryn boots like they used to, and I'm pumped about the elephants and the krakens. Also, I'm starting to really like Arianne since she's kind of the first to side-eye the fact that Dany let her only living relative get killed. (I mean, we, the audience know what really went down of course, so we have a better understanding, but it's good to see people reacting realistically to this news. And then the dreams about the dragons dancing and everyone dying where they did was pretty accurate and scary. Plus, I'm pumped about Areoh vs. Darkstar.

AND AURANE WATERS HAS RETURNED BITCHES.

And why did Doran pick Daemon to be her shield, "knowing [their] history"?

And entrusted with the Quentyn secret too? I suspect it's because he is a very competent knight and their history plays into Doran's hands more: if he's besotted with her he'll more likely protect her.

And my mania for this series has been reignited in one fell swoop. Should've posted this over here but:

For one, I'm loving that people aren't licking the Targaeryn boots like they used to, and I'm pumped about the elephants and the krakens. Also, I'm starting to really like Arianne since she's kind of the first to side-eye the fact that Dany let her only living relative get killed. (I mean, we, theaudience know what really went down of course, so we have a better understanding, but it's good to see people reacting realistically to this news. And then the dreams about the dragons dancing and everyone dying where they did was pretty accurate and scary. Plus, I'm pumped about Areoh vs. Darkstar.

AND AURANE WATERS HAS RETURNED BITCHES.

If they've taken Tarth, that really sucks, because Brienne's dad seems like a really good guy.

Finally having read this through -- too busy -- one of my favorite things about this chapter is that you can actually see that Arianne's changed from AFfC. Look at how thoughtful she is, really trying to get at these questions about what's going on, what's real and what's not. She's constantly trying to get information, constantly trying to think things through, and realizing how hard it is to sort it out.

She is more thoughtful undoubtedly, but she's still dependent on her old tricks - wondering about how she could seduce a man like Jon Con, and not being particularly interested in reading the books she's offered at Ghost Hill. I get the feeling that for now she's properly chastised over the debacle of her attempt to crown Myrcella, but her methods might still not be up to scratch.

Aero vs. Darkstar should be pretty epic, but I think eventually they will end up killing Swann and rejoining Doran. I still think Darkstar is on his side, apparently he is a big enough badass that even the Red Viper was wary of him. Daemon seems to think that he could be a match for Area and the Sand Snake.

Spoiler
Pirate King Aurane Waters has returned. Lord of Waters. Pretty badass

So, was Daemon the guy who was going to ride the tricycle with Arianne and Tyene?

No, that was Andrey Dalt, but he popped his wheelie too soon.

Elia Sand sounds like a future Dothraki bride...

She sounds like the person who was the KoLT.

Archived