MLB 2013: You Are Not A Hall Of Famer Edition

Mack Kilimaro

Wow, that Miami owner is truly a jackass. He apparently told Jose Reyes to buy a house in Miami two days before trading him. Why do people like this even want to own sports teams? It can't be that profitable to completely dismantle a team, especially in a town like Miami which will probably stop attending games if the team has been gutted so.

Why do people like this even want to own sports teams? It can't be that profitable to completely dismantle a team, especially in a town like Miami which will probably stop attending games if the team has been gutted so.

With revenue sharing and their low payroll (and Bud Selig's uselessness) the Marlins don't need to be profitable for Jeffrey Loria to make boatloads of cash. He's in the black before the season starts.

Wow, that Miami owner is truly a jackass. He apparently told Jose Reyes to buy a house in Miami two days before trading him. Why do people like this even want to own sports teams? It can't be that profitable to completely dismantle a team, especially in a town like Miami which will probably stop attending games if the team has been gutted so.

I wonder what kind of season ticket refunds are offered. If they had a bunch of people renew last year, before the team was gutted, they could be raking in cash from people that didn't know they were getting a product that would shame the Northern League.

At this point, I can't see how Marlins fans are even surprised anymore. Gutting the team has become as much of a yearly ritual as Spring Training. And the sad thing is that people do keep coming back. Not many, granted, but enough to keep their organization from being contracted (so far). The way they jerk their fan base (and players) around, it's a wonder that even a single individual shows up to their games. I think it helps the front office that they're still only ten years removed from their last World Series title. They can always point to those trophies and say "Hey, you've been through this before and it came out okay."

I'm sure the rest of the NL East doesn't mind the changes to Miami's roster, though. That's 19 hassle-free games a year for each of them. Except for the Nationals. I'm still not completely sold on them as legitimate NL champion material. I think 3rd place in the division is a likely spot for them.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone by chance have ESPN Insider?

I don't, but it appears that ESPN has done their future power rankings where they look at how well set up you are for the future, and it's hinted that my Cards are #1 in all of MLB. God, what a miserable experience life must be if you're a Cub fan. It was hinted at in the front page link, but that would turn into something else if linked it. My heart is glad whether they're #1 or #4.

It is sounding like we might have four or five farm club guys who are within a year of coming up and have star potential in Shelby Miller, Kolten Wong, Carlos Martinez, Oscar Tavares, Trevor Rosenthal, and maybe a few others.

I just want to express my hatred for all things St. Louis Cardinals, and my love that my guys decided to finally get out of the NL Central toilet after a good decade and a half there to have a rivalry with them.

Votto and the boys should be gearing up for another run at the division and hopefully a deep run in the playoffs.

I just want to express my hatred for all things St. Louis Cardinals, and my love that my guys decided to finally get out of the NL Central toilet after a good decade and a half there to have a rivalry with them.

Votto and the boys should be gearing up for another run at the division and hopefully a deep run in the playoffs.

We will cleat you if necessary.

How far were the projections? Two or three years from now you're going to see a very competitive Cubs team. It'll make for an interesting division.

I couldn't see which was why I asked if anyone else had access, but my guess is that it was for five years. I think I've seen ESPN do this for other sports. They factor in their current roster, their farm system, their salary situation, and a few other things.

I'm not an ESPN Insider either - this was pulled from another forum:

1. Cards

2. Rangers

3. Rays

4. Nats

5. Yanks

6. Cubs

7. Reds

8. Dodgers

9. Tigers

10. Red Sox

11. Braves

12. Angels

13. Blue Jays

14. Giants

15. D-backs

16. A's

17. M's

18. O's

19. Padres

20. Royals

21. Twins

22. Astros

23. Mets

24. Phillies

25. Pirates

26. White Sox

27. Brewers

28. Indians

29. Marlins

30. Rockies

So yes, Cardinals at #1. NL Central has three of the top seven spots. And it does go out to 5 years.

So yes, Cardinals at #1. NL Central has three of the top seven spots. And it does go out to 5 years.

That is proof that they're just making this shit up.

WBC starts tonight. I don't know about you guys, but I'm excited.

Watching the 2010 NLCS again for the first time in over two years. Three things strike me:

1. People still thought the Giants ace was Tim Lincecum.

2. Brian Wilson was so goddamned fun and it will suck so much when he most likely leaves the team soon.

3. Four of the most critical players a. retired to drink more beer and fuck more hot chicks b. re-signed with the Giants for peanuts and didn't do shit c. signed with the Dodgers and completely sucked ass.

Brilliant.

who is he talking about?

I believe he's talking about that bag of manure they mailed to us as a joke. Why he would describe said sack of shit as a "critical player" is beyond me though. Can organic waste material even play baseball?

I believe he's talking about that bag of manure they mailed to us as a joke. Why he would describe said sack of shit as a "critical player" is beyond me though. Can organic waste material even play baseball?

I believe

. Except for the part where you failed to kick it off the stoop.

Yeah, except we did it twice all at once.

ETA: 4 years ago, I wanted the Cubs to win the WS right after the Giants did. Since then, based on my interactions with scores of Cubs fans, I really, really want Texas, Cleveland, and Houston to win one first.

Archived