When You Wish Upon a Plot Point...

ladyofslytherin

You got your wish at least in the HBO series. I really think GRRM influenced them to make that change to put the whole "Jeyne's hips" issue to bed. There will be no heir to Rob Stark.

I still don't get this.

WHY would GRRM have Cat describe Jeyne's hips as "good" while Jaime described them as "small and not worthy of a kingdom"? THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING MORE HERE THAN GRRM FORGETTING WHAT HE HAD PREVIOUSLY WRITTEN ABOUT SAID HIPS.

I still don't get this.

WHY would GRRM have Cat describe Jeyne's hips as "good" while Jaime described them as "small and not worthy of a kingdom"? THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING MORE HERE THAN GRRM FORGETTING WHAT HE HAD PREVIOUSLY WRITTEN ABOUT SAID HIPS.

nah, just means Jaime has a different standard of 'wide hips' than Catelyn.

I wish Arya had never gone to Bravos... don't get me wrong, the house of black and white is kind of cool, but it makes her even more distant to the rest of the story and characters. D=

I also thought it would have been pretty cool if Sansa had pushed Joff down some stairs xD

I wish Vargo Hoat never took Jaime's sword hand. With that we could have seen him up against some major Knights. I always wondered what it would be like if Jaime and Daario squared off.

Welcome to the forums!

Anyway, I wish Stannis went to the Vale instead of the Wall. He could've gotten support, damnit.

I personally wish that since the author seemed to intent on sending this dragon chick to Westeros, he would've done so much sooner instead of having dragon chick mill around in boring and irrelevant Slaver's Bay, adding a whole bunch of forgetable characters barely anyone remembers and who are ultimately completely unimportant.

He solved this little plot knot by getting half his Westerosi characters coming to her instead of the logical thing (in my mind) to move her behind to Westeros.

Mycah's father's revenge: he gets hold of a batch of poison, and poisons the entire court: Starks, Lannisters, Baratheons, LF, Varys, they all die.

Stannis takes over as the undisputed heir and rules the Seven Kingdoms. The only major military event is the Northern reinforcements under Robb Stark scattering the Wildlings when they attack the Wall. Danny and Aegon remain in Mereen for the time being and the North anxiously awaits for the White Walkers offensive against the Wall.

Last thing Sansa and Tyrion. Sure, I can absolutely understand Sansa loathe him, especially after the battle at the Blackwater. But she could have shown a little kindness to him, like saying something remotely nice after him making it clear that he wouldn't force himself onto her. Maybe he would not have gone completely over the edge then.

The nerve of that child bride, she made Tyrion angst!

I wish Balon hadnt been killed off quite so early, I would preferred him and the rest of the Ironborn to keep brooding on glory days long gone by instead of being the menace they are now under Euron. Actually in many ways I would have preferred if Theon or Victarion killed Balon, removing Euron from the story or atleast diminishing his role.

Small thing really, compared to some of the other suggestions, yet I am not a fan of the role that the Ironborn have now in the story..

Re Stannis: I wish he didnt give command of the fleet to Ser Imry Florent, instead he should have given it to say Lord Velaryon or someone else more experienced with the commanding of navies aswell as with the tide and whatnot of Blackwater bay..Given what happened later on I can accept that Stannis loses the battle. I would just have preferred if he didnt pick this crucial moment to fall to peer pressure and "reward" his brother-in-law by appointing him commander of his own fleet..I mean we know that the Florent's are a vital House for his cause and that this should be honored and yet he could just as easily have given Ser Imry command of say one of the divisions on land etc. It just doesnt seem much like Stannis to make such an error imo.

I wish robert gave Stannis storms end and lordship over the stormlands, and gave Renly dragonstone instead.

except then renly would have been robert's heir. the lord of dragonstone is the heir of the king something stannis seem to care about.

Archived