388 replies to this topic

#381 The Anti-Targ

The Anti-Targ

Socially liberal, morally conservative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

I'm in a bit of a gaming bind really. There are a number of games I want to get, like X-Com Enemy Unknown, Ni No Kuni, Sly 4, Journey, The Walking Dead, Dark Souls and coming up The Last of Us, Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 (which looks like it could be the best UNS game yet) and God of War Ascension. Not to mention wanting to get the Mass Effect Trilogy to take one character through the entire story for the first time ever. But I'm having a great time with NBA 2K13 and I'm really keen to get my player into the Hall fo Fame. To do that will probably take pretty much the whole year given the amount of time I have available to put into gaming.

As I see it, the gaming industry has an oversupply of great games and it's impossible for people with limited gaming time to get all the games they'd like to play and play them to the level they think warrants the substantial monetary investment.

I eventually get to see every movie and TV series I really want to watch. But I will never get to play every game I want to play. There's just too many games and their time investment is too much. Similar to books really. There's no way I'll ever get to read all the books I really want to read (though at least I can read in a lot more places than I can game).

#382 Merentha

Merentha

Neocount

• Members
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

Also, it's kind of cool just how Pondsmith assumes everyone knows what the hell he's talking about when talks about Cyberpunk's history in depth, even when talking to a roomfull of video game journalists, most of whom have never heard of the thing.

His voice. So good.

#383 Sci-2

Sci-2

The 11th Little Indian

• Members
  • 18,404 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

His voice. So good.

I was just about to post that.

Admittedly the trailer is what got me hooked into following what this game is about. I like that he wants to focus more on personal effects of cybernetics. I'd rather not have this spin out too much into a Deus Ex conspiracy game though I get that fits the genre.

#384 mcbigski

mcbigski

Wise Man with Skinny Arms

• Members
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

First gameplay video for Wasteland 2.

Looks very old-school. Which is both good (turn-based combat, text descriptions!) and bad (the pacing feels stodgy at this stage).

Looks like the video is down. But I played through the first Wasteland at least three times. I'll give this one a look when it comes out. Haven't bought any games funded via Kickstarter, any idea on the price points?

Also, from all of the talk about Dark Souls in this thread, I might have to check it out. I've pretty much played the hell out of XCom and started up a new game of Civ4 during the blizzard. So I need something new, and the latest Skyrim expansion doesn't seem that interesting to me.

#385 Shryke

Shryke

The Wood of the Morning

• Members
  • 38,477 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

I'm holding fire on Aliens: Colonial Marines until some reviews come out. I like Gearbox and have done so since their very first game (Half-Life: Opposing Force, way back when), but this game is looking very contrived and predictable. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong.

Consensus I'm seeing is "Generic but pretty good".

#386 Leviathan I

Leviathan I

The abyss stares back

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:08 AM

I'm kind of annoyed the Last of Us is a PS3 exclusive. I have a PC and an xbox 360. That's 2/3 of the major consoles, I should be able to play every fucking game I want to.

#387 Jon AS

Jon AS

Baron of the 7th Roman Empire

• Members
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:27 AM

And now I'm trying to decide: Mass Effect 1 replay to begin my second time through the trilogy or The Witcher 2?

Also, I played as a Vanguard the first time through the trilogy and had a lot of fun with it. I know I'm definitely not going to be a soldier, but any other class recommendations? I'm wondering if I should go all Tech with the Engineer or be a sniper or simply be a badass Jedi (Adept).

If you haven't played it, I'd go with The Witcher 2.

For classes in Mass Effect, I've never warmed to pure tech (though at least in multiplayer, recent changes make them a bit more appealing) and I can't handle the single player time slowdown when sniping any more.
So I'd go adept (hilariously overpowered in ME1 and ME3) or soldier (really quite a lot of fun, plays kinda differently in every game, too).

#388 Sad King Billy

Sad King Billy

Nice Hat

• Members
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:48 AM

Looks like the video is down. But I played through the first Wasteland at least three times. I'll give this one a look when it comes out. Haven't bought any games funded via Kickstarter, any idea on the price points?

Also, from all of the talk about Dark Souls in this thread, I might have to check it out. I've pretty much played the hell out of XCom and started up a new game of Civ4 during the blizzard. So I need something new, and the latest Skyrim expansion doesn't seem that interesting to me.

Alternative source here:

http://www.pcgamer.c...les-giant-bugs/

direct youtube link:

https://www.youtube....&v=R9hQWqtxXPU#!

#389 Aerys Blackfyre

Aerys Blackfyre

Council Member

• Members
  • 728 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:47 AM

I found this thread because I'm playing risen 2 at the moment, I'm having a great time... of course I enjoyed gothic 1 and 2 a lot too, I'm a great fan of that game

Reply to this topic