Jayne Westerling as the Younger Queen - Cersei's Prophecy

Gabriel Schuch

There are many volunteers of who might be the "Younger Queen" at Maggy's Prophecy to Cersei: it could be Dany, Myrcella, Maergery, Arianne and Sansa. But, in my option, Jayne is the best theory. Here is why:

She is the Queen of the North, whyle Cersei is the Queen of the South; her family is old, probably descendent of the First Men, wich has allways given us some goosebumps. Her very grandmother is the one who made de prophecy, and she could very well be talking about her granddaugther to Cersei.

Jayne is really beautifull. Though we don't get to see much of her, she is allways described as being pretty, and this should count as something, based on the Prophecy. She has a reason why to hate the Lannister family, even though her own family is vassal to the Lannisters.

But i think the strongest point is that she is preagnant with Robb's child, who could grow to avenge his family - though, as we all know, George Martin loves to build us a great vision just to kick it out of the way.

Many think Dany is the one who the prophecy talks about, but i don't think so. She is already part of another prophecy - Azor Ahai -, so it would be too much, in my opinion, if is she was part of this one too.

Maergery is way too fool. She is just a pretty face, nothing more. The only treath she represents is the one that

Cersei sees on her, but it's not there.

Myrcella... Well, since she lost an ear and got all messed up, she isn't really beautifull anymore, so this takes a major caracteristic from Maggy's description of how the Younger Queen would look like.

Arianne just doesn't seems right.

If Jayne isn't the Younger Queen from the prophecy, it would probably be Sansa. She has the reasons, she fits with te description and she has the potential to become greater then we see now. But, it that occours, it would be just in a long shot from now, since Winds of Winter will prorably roll arround her wedding.

Do you guys have anything against Jayne being the Younger Queen? Why?

She is no Queen in the North, she is probably not pregnant with Robb's child considering all the Moon Tea and stuff, and she ain't that beautiful. In fact, I think it's said that she is rather plan than beautiful.

The prophecy is not about her, in my opinion.

Only Jaime said she was plain looking, and considering his description of her doesn't match Cat's, there's theories that this "Jeyne" is a fake and the real Jeyne is elsewhere. Only a theory though.

The problem with Jeyne is that she is a minor character in an epic tale with many more important characters. So far, the only POV that she was connected to was Catelyn's and she appeared in Jaime's, although some readers question whether Catelyn and Jaime met the same person. She could be Cersei's younger queen, besides she is Maggy's greatgrandaughter, but I don't like the idea of yet another heir to the North. There is Rickon, according to Manderley, Sansa, according to LF, fake Arya according to Boltons and Theon and Stannis, real Arya is somewhere in Braavos and Bran with the COTF. Personally, I don't like the idea of more characters introduced. There are too many storylines unresolves already, Jeyne was just a minor character involved in an important event. I think that in the new app it was implied that her mother gave her contraceptives, so I don't think that she is pregnant.

Only Jaime said she was plain looking, and considering his description of her doesn't match Cat's, there's theories that this "Jeyne" is a fake and the real Jeyne is elsewhere. Only a theory though.

I know the theory, yes, butI just don't buy it.. I'd like to think of her as a minor character whose mother is worth killing.

The problem with Jeyne is that she is a minor character in an epic tale with many more important characters. So far, the only POV that she was connected to was Catelyn's and she appeared in Jaime's, although some readers question whether Catelyn and Jaime met the same person. She could be Cersei's younger queen, besides she is Maggy's greatgrandaughter, but I don't like the idea of yet another heir to the North. There is Rickon, according to Manderley, Sansa, according to LF, fake Arya according to Boltons and Theon and Stannis, real Arya is somewhere in Braavos and Bran with the COTF. Personally, I don't like the idea of more characters introduced. There are too many storylines unresolves already, Jeyne was just a minor character involved in an important event. I think that in the new app it was implied that her mother gave her contraceptives, so I don't think that she is pregnant.

This was also said/implied in the books, I think during the conversation of Jaime and her mother when Jeyne was quite distraught about everything.

I'm reluctant to say this, as things are rarely ever simple with GRRM, but I believe she was just a plot device to destroy Rob Stark. She is not the Queen in the North, that hope ended with the death of Rob, who would follow her? I don't really think many people would. Not when there are so many other candidates for the North appearing.

I'm reluctant to say this, as things are rarely ever simple with GRRM, but I believe she was just a plot device to destroy Rob Stark. She is not the Queen in the North, that hope ended with the death of Rob, who would follow her? I don't really think many people would. Not when there are so many other candidates for the North appearing.

They would only follow her if she is pregnant with Robb's kid, and I highly doubt that. :)

Even if she is pregnant, who will support her claim? Blackfish? How many men does he have? None. After the RW few people know her and now everybody has his own heir to Winterfell / plan. Dany has her own army and the loyalists. Margaery has Highgarden. Even Sansa might have the Vale to support her. Jeyne is nothing. Even if she is pregnant people will say how do we know that Robb Stark is the father?

They would only follow her if she is pregnant with Robb's kid, and I highly doubt that. :)

Exactly, I should have just added that little bit, haha. But I definitely agree, and even then - if she did have Robb's kid I don't thin she'd have a lot of followers anyway. We already have fake Arya, and Sansa/Alayne and Rickon, Jeyne being ruler of Winterfell would just be incredibly disappointing.

Consider this: if anyone, anyone at all, appears out of thin air in Book 6 and says to Cersei: "I'm here to take away all that you hold dear", Cersei will only laugh maniacally and scream: "you're too late, bitch!". Cersei's destruction has already started and is well underway, with one son dying, another more attached to his wife than his mother, Cersei's imprisonment, her walk of shame and impending trial. Unless the "another queen, younger and more beautiful" is someone who played a role in the events that already took place, the prophecy is meaningless and unrelated to the actual plot.

So no Jeyne. No Dany. No Val. No Arianne. Most likely no Sansa. Margaery, however, fits to a T.

Consider this: if anyone, anyone at all, appears out of thin air in Book 6 and says to Cersei: "I'm here to take away all that you hold dear", Cersei will only laugh maniacally and scream: "you're too late, bitch!". Cersei's destruction has already started and is well underway, with one son dying, another more attached to his wife than his mother, Cersei's imprisonment, her walk of shame and impending trial. Unless the "another queen, younger and more beautiful" is someone who played a role in the events that already took place, the prophecy is meaningless and unrelated to the actual plot.

So no Jeyne. No Dany. No Val. No Arianne. Most likely no Sansa. Margaery, however, fits to a T.

It doesn't have to be a Queen, that is just something readers add to the prophecy. If anything, Cersei is the one who takes everything she holds dear from herself. Her imprisonment, Walk of Shame and upcoming trial are her doing.

And then there's Jaime, the one guy Cersei holds dear. Guess for whom Jaime is looking at the face of death at the moment? ;)

This was also said/implied in the books, I think during the conversation of Jaime and her mother when Jeyne was quite distraught about everything.

True, personally, for the reasons I mentioned above I was never a huge supporter of Jeyne pregnant with Robb's child theory. But a lot of the people who supported the theory claimed that Sybell was actually lying to Jaime and her claims for contraceptives were lies. The supporters of the theory suggested that she was in fact giving her daughter fertility potions. It wasn't until the app that the theory was proven wrong.

It doesn't have to be a Queen, that is just something readers add to the prophecy.

The way the prophecy is phrased, I don't buy that interpretation. I think "queen you shall be, until there comes another queen" would just sound clumsy. No cunning play of words here, just a stylistic choice.

If anything, Cersei is the one who takes everything she holds dear from herself. Her imprisonment, Walk of Shame and upcoming trial are her doing.

Yup. She played games against Margaery and outplayed herself. Still, Margaery has been more involved in Cersei's destruction than every other named suspect.

And then there's Jaime, the one guy Cersei holds dear. Guess for whom Jaime is looking at the face of death at the moment? ;)

Brienne. But if anyone kills him now, it's Lady Stoneheart.

Archived