Besides Aegon what are Arianne's marriage prospects?

Ice Turtle

Well if Aegon doesn't work out. She'll probably marry an appropriately aged/ranked bannerman, I'm not sure if there are many candidates though...

Ser Gerris Drinkwater is probably out though, too lowborn. As is Ser Daemon Sand, as he's a bastard.

If there aren't any suitable Dornish candidates she might have to look elsewhere...

Margaery would bring him just the Reach, whereas Sansa could bring him the North, Riverlands and Vale.

i agree in theory but it wouldnt be sansa but LF

however :

Riverlands are empty or on fire

North is in ruin boltons fight Stannis and everybody fights starks

and Vale wouldnt fallow her unless she married the king of the vale (then she cant marry Faegon)

Reach is huge and nearly untouched by the war . they controll KL - if Olenna acted fast they could imprison Tommen and Cersei

only probelm with Reach is Euron

edited : as we all know LF doesnt want to kneel he wants iron throne for himself ....

I think Arianne will either marry Aegon, or not marry at all/die. There aren't any important characters besides Aegon that should would marry, and having her marry some bannerman wouldn't improve the story at all. I just can't see the Martell-Tyrell marriage ever happening.

Sansa has 0 claim to the vale. (so far it is a scheme in Lfs head)

Sansa is how far down in the Line to the Riverlands?

The Riverlands would back the Tullys first before they would move one foot to help Sansa in anything.

Only the north would send men if Sansa would call in her bannermen right now.

And the north is bleed out.

If you want to win the Throne, you need the Reach. Either conquer it with an Ironborn alliance, or Marry it with a Tyrell alliance

Sansa has 0 claim to the vale. (so far it is a scheme in Lfs head)

Sansa is how far down in the Line to the Riverlands?

The Riverlands would back the Tullys first before they would move one foot to help Sansa in anything.

Only the north would send men if Sansa would call in her bannermen right now.

And the north is bleed out.

If you want to win the Throne, you need the Reach. Either conquer it with an Ironborn alliance, or Marry it with a Tyrell alliance

Riverrun succession:

Edmure (captive)

Edmure's child (captive)

Bran (tree)

Rickon (Winterfell)

Sansa

Arya

Sweetrobin

Blackfish

As long as the Lannisters hold Edmure captive, Sansa makes top of the list. Sansa may have zero claim in the Vale, but she is the gal Sweetrobin looks up to. Between his admiration and the wolfish tendencies of the Lords of the Vale, Sansa could throw a lot of weight around.

By the way, the Riverlands got 20,000+ men left, the North even 35,000. The Vale probably 40,000. Quite a force, isn't it.

You see any Riverlord answering Sansa's call for her Banners?

You see any Lord of the Vale answering Sansa's call for her Banners? Or do you see any Lord of the Vale answering if Sweetrobin would call his Banners right now?

You see 30k Men marching through the snow to the south right now?

I still think the Reach is more important than anything Sansa could bring to Aegons cause

You see any Riverlord answering Sansa's call for her Banners?

You see any Lord of the Vale answering Sansa's call for her Banners? Or do you see any Lord of the Vale answering if Sweetrobin would call his Banners right now?

You see 30k Men marching through the snow to the south right now?

I still think the Reach is more important than anything Sansa could bring to Aegons cause

Yes, no, yes and not 30k because 30k in one place means starvation, but several 20k armies would work.

If Aegon must marry to strengthen his own position, Sansa is out. She wouldn't strengthen him, she needs a strong husband herself to enforce her own claims. Which do not include the Vale.

If Arianne doesn't marry Aegon, Aegon might still arrange a marriage for her to strengthen his own position. Depending on her standing with Aegon she might be willing to go along with that - or totally opposed to it if she suspects that her husband will try and rule Dorne in her name.

She will need to marry eventually, she does need heirs.

Someone of lower birth is not totally out of the question - even if he is not of high enough birth to aspire to the heiress of Dorne, she won't be heiress of Dorne forever. Doran Martell won't last much longer, and once he is gone Arianne can decide for herself. A husband of a lesser house loyal to Arianne would be unlikely to usurp her position - and that is a fear that Arianne is very familiar with.

Riverrun succession:

Edmure (captive)

Edmure's child (captive)

Bran (tree)

Rickon (Winterfell)

Sansa

Arya

Sweetrobin

Blackfish

As long as the Lannisters hold Edmure captive, Sansa makes top of the list. Sansa may have zero claim in the Vale, but she is the gal Sweetrobin looks up to. Between his admiration and the wolfish tendencies of the Lords of the Vale, Sansa could throw a lot of weight around.

By the way, the Riverlands got 20,000+ men left, the North even 35,000. The Vale probably 40,000. Quite a force, isn't it.

That is a lot of troops for the Riverlands, North and Vale. I'd like to know how you came up with those numbers.

I also agree that a marriage to Margaery is the best move. With that move, Aegon will have a solid south (Reach, Stormlands, Dorne, and Crownlands). That amount of force will be more than enough to consolidate the rest of the realm.

Sansa would make a good choice, but she is behind Rickon in the North and behind Edmure and his child in the Riverlands. Captive is not dead. I also have a feeling that the blackfish will be liberating his nephew at some point.

That is a lot of troops for the Riverlands, North and Vale. I'd like to know how you came up with those numbers.

I also agree that a marriage to Margaery is the best move. With that move, Aegon will have a solid south (Reach, Stormlands, Dorne, and Crownlands). That amount of force will be more than enough to consolidate the rest of the realm.

Sansa would make a good choice, but she is behind Rickon in the North and behind Edmure and his child in the Riverlands. Captive is not dead. I also have a feeling that the blackfish will be liberating his nephew at some point.

There are a ton of threads dedicated to troop numbers, no need to derail this thread. Quick'n Dirty from memory:

- Manderley 15,000 to man his ships and still live up to his claim of the most powerful heavy cavalry in the North

- 5,000 clansmen and Mormonts with Stannis

- 2,000 Fever River

- 2,000 with Ramsay at Moat Cailin

- 1,000 Karstarks

- 1,000 Umbers

- four digits for House Reed to be on the same level as their peers

- same for the three Skagosi Houses

- a bunch of remaining soldiers kept home by the Houses not already mentioned. about ten altogether. Judging by the Umbers and Karstarks probably 1,000 each.

Riverlands is based on Edmure's host at Stonemill, the forces with Robb in the Westerlands and with Roose or scattered. The Riverlords brought only a honor guard to the Red Wedding, there are still a lot of their forces left.

Vale is based on a shit-old estimation for the official, GRRM-approved RPG. But it seems to be correct by and large, the numbers for Westerosi hosts center about 40,000.

I'm pretty sure that Rickon and Edmure will play a role in the future, just debunking another posters assumption that a marriage to Sansa would be useless.

Well, Oberyn claimed that he had exchanged letters with Willas and that there was no enmity there. Mace is an idiot, so why don't we take Oberyn at his word. I guess there may be a historical rivalry but if Willas is as level headed as we all seem to think, he probably doesn't hold his getting injured in a tournament against Oberyn.

So, Willas could work, or Aegon of course, no reason he can't have two wives if Dany accepts him, just like the first Targ invasion.

So, Willas could work, or Aegon of course, no reason he can't have two wives if Dany accepts him, just like the first Targ invasion.

Really? Would Aegon accept Dany bringing a second husband into their marriage? One who will also style himself King of Westeros? I think not. Neither will Dany share her husband with another woman. Killing one wife to marry another is totally different of course.

And if Aegon has been paying attention to his history lessons at all, he'll know that such a marriage would destabilize his reign and end in wars of succession.

If Arianne does not marry a king she remains heir to Dorne and therefor if she were to marry a great lord she or her husband would have to abandon their claim to their own house to take their place in the others.

So my question to those proposing Willas or even Rickon (when he returns he is the heir to WF in theory) is which of the two parties will be dropping their claim? And more pertinently, why in the world would they do this?

She marries Aegon or she marries from a lesser house, not necessarily a bannerman.

I want to suggest an eligible bachelor and a great match for Arriane, but I was having difficulty to find "who?" It turned out, men in Westeros were dwindling. The war took many great men, the majority who remained were either too old or too young. Or, am I missing someone? Compare to Dany, she was surrounded by many men. If she will bring them all, Westeros will be full of men again. Except, they were eunuchs, barbarians, and lowborn sellswords - they won't make a good match either.

Archived