Besides Aegon what are Arianne's marriage prospects?

Ice Turtle

Really? Would Aegon accept Dany bringing a second husband into their marriage? One who will also style himself King of Westeros? I think not. Neither will Dany share her husband with another woman. Killing one wife to marry another is totally different of course.

And if Aegon has been paying attention to his history lessons at all, he'll know that such a marriage would destabilize his reign and end in wars of succession.

Dany is pretty enamoured of history, I am not disagreeing with you, but I think she would waver for a moment on the thought. I don't believe she will accept him as Aegon anyway.

Her best bet would be Littlefinger or Varys.

They would bring her freaking awesome Game of Throne intelligence.

And i would prefer LF without any troops to the Golden Company and Faegon at any moment.

People have to realise that the factors are not troops or inheritance.

The most important thing is skill at the Game. Given that Littlefingers value is highly circumstancial, but to Arianne, his skills, intelligence and behind the scenes knowledge is worth more than any other heir could offer.

Dany is pretty enamoured of history, I am not disagreeing with you, but I think she would waver for a moment on the thought. I don't believe she will accept him as Aegon anyway.

History says that Targaryen rulers married their sisters, so their wives were closely related and had the same background and relationship to the Iron Throne. I don't think that there were any Targaryen rulers who married outside their own House and practiced polygamy. While I can see why Dany would entertain the notion of marrying her nephew, I can't see any historical reason for accepting Arianne.

Anyway, if Aegon gets married to Arianne, he can't simply go and take additional wives later. Their marriage would be based on a marriage treaty, and the Dornish will never sign a treaty allowing Aegon to take additional wives. Trying to marry Dany would be considered a breach of contract. The Dornish would not take it well.

She'll accept him as Aegon at first, she's nowhere near smart enough to figure out the Blackfyre angle, it'll take someone to whisper it in her ear before she starts seeing it.

She is not her brother Viserys, nor is she Aerys the Mad. If she really accepts Aegon as her nephew, she will discard whispers suggesting that he is a fake. She is intelligent enough to realize that those Blackfyre rumors are to be expected, given that he travels with the Golden Company.

History says that Targaryen rulers married their sisters, so their wives were closely related and had the same background and relationship to the Iron Throne. I don't think that there were any Targaryen rulers who married outside their own House and practiced polygamy. While I can see why Dany would entertain the notion of marrying her nephew, I can't see any historical reason for accepting Arianne.

Counter example Maegor: nine wives, including Jeyne Westerling. Definitely polygamy, definitely not his sister.

• 2 weeks later...

While Viserys was alive, the marriage contract with Viserys was the reason for not allowing her to marry. It was not because Doran wanted to keep her as his heir but because he planned to replace her.

Marrying an Yronwood does not make sense as the Yronwoods are loyal. Doran bought their loyalty through Quentyn.

Archived