What's your favourite moment from the book that isn't in the show?

Most of ACoK was just much better than season 2. HotU, Qhorin, Weasel Soup, the list goes on.

Though I will say that Alfie Allen was just excellent in season 2.

One scene from the show that I thought was awesome was back in season one with Littlefinger and Varys. It was just... really good, as was season 1 as a whole.

Yeah, actually Alfie Allen and the Tywin/Arya scenes saved the 2. season. (Tyrion's storyline was adapted well, but that's all.)

From season 1. i loved the conversation between Jaime and Jory about Theon, the Robert/Cersei conversation, and even the "making the seven"-scene. I do not know what has happened to the screenwriter's since then, most of the newly invented non-book scenes feel... no, not necessarily bad, just too oversimplified.

-Mostly all the dreams - Jaime's weirwood dream, Ned's TOJ, etc...

- Brienne's AFFC arc

- HOTU

- The actual WST scene

I could go on.

From the show :

Most of the invented scenes in season 1 were pretty good. Special menton for the Jory/Jaime scene, as pointed above.

Not in the books

Talisa Stark – whether it was Jeyne Westerling or Talisa doesn’t really matter to me as long as Oona Chaplin was cast.

The Hound vs Brienne fight was an interesting twist.

Not in the show

Agree with Tyrion’s chain. I thought the show didn’t do enough to show how much Tyrion did to save KL.

Dany and the House of the Undying was better in the books

Hey first post here, but I really liked the way they introduced Ramsay in the novels, as him presenting himself as a filthy man named Reek and gaining Theon's trust during the hunt of Bran and Rickon, rather than how he was first introduced in the HBO series.

The real House of the Undying scene. That remains my favorite scene from the entire book series to this day.

All of Ned's dreams.

Arya and Gendry at the Inn at the Crossroads.

Lady Stoneheart's introduction.

Jaime rejecting Cersei in the White Sword Tower.

This list is just going to get bigger with season 5.

Jaime's Tysha reveal. Seriously, has anyone mentioned that yet?

I'd put that more in the 'essential' category than in the 'favorite' category. It was rough that the show couldn't risk confusing the casuals, but you can understand the reasoning to some extent.

I really enjoyed when Jaime returned to KL and wasted little time setting his KG straight. I loved the contrast with which he alternately smashed some of them to pieces and mingled fairly good-naturedly with others. It's one of my favorite underrated chapters, along with Sansa's GSoB chapter, and Cat of the Canals.

I'd put that more in the 'essential' category than in the 'favorite' category. It was rough that the show couldn't risk confusing the casuals, but you can understand the reasoning to some extent.

I really enjoyed when Jaime returned to KL and wasted little time setting his KG straight. I loved the contrast with which he alternately smashed some of them to pieces and mingled fairly good-naturedly with others. It's one of my favorite underrated chapters, along with Sansa's GSoB chapter, and Cat of the Canals.

Ugh, this is why I think a Bryan Fuller-directed series of A Song of Ice and Fire would've been better. The guy doesn't underestimate his audience and generally isn't afraid to show scenes that might not sit well with certain people.

If anyone hasn't watched Hannibal, I suggest you do.

Books: Stannis mentioning the crown of fire and the burning king, Ramsay leading the sack of Winterfell, the children of the forest and Bloodraven as described in the books...the show made them too generic. Little elf girl and wise old wizard.

Show: Everything in Yara's attack on the Dreadfort except for the dogs. That was a fine speech and Gemma's delivery was excellent. Rorge and Biter being dealt with in a blink and you'll miss it scene.

Archived