What are you dreading most about the conclusion?

Drezelle

I hope that a Targ dosen't end up ruling the realm. I just wish that they would go away.

What if Jon is a Targ though? I also kind of hate the notion that Targs are so awful. Maester Aemon, Aegon the unlikely, the Dragon night, and other Targs have been noted as being exemplary people.

Very unlikely. Theon from the show stated that it will be a Darth Vader kind of situation with Jon's parents.

What, does that mean Tywin or Jaime will turn out to have sired Jon? And how would Alfie Allen know? I think the only people that GRRM would have given any such information to would be the writers/creators, not the actors, at least not yet.

My biggest fears for the conclusion are, as people have already said, things being too nice and cheerful. You can't have a series with this much angst finishing with 'yay, happy peace time'. I mean, sure, you can have the 'peace' part, but I don't see everyone in the story being completely happy by the end.

I'm also worried that Stannis will die. If that happens, everyone is screwed. He's the only guy who knows what he's doing.

I'm also thinking that by the end, all the dragons have to be dead or out of the picture. I can't see anything being resolved if there's three (possibly more. Conspiracy theories, yo) flame-spurting, mega-lizards flapping around. We saw what happened with Drogon + small edible child.

And if the white walkers get killed off 'Avengers' style, I will be severly disappointed.

/rant

I really doubt that R+L=J being confirmed automatically means that the series will end with Jon sitting on the Iron Throne. I think we aren't giving GRRM enough credit if we think that :) I suspect Jon might end up being an unsung hero, which would be quite bittersweet.

I just hope the Iron Throne is destroyed by the end of the series. It has caused enough grief to Westeros as it is. Westeros should go back to being 7 different kingdoms.

What, does that mean Tywin or Jaime will turn out to have sired Jon? And how would Alfie Allen know? I think the only people that GRRM would have given any such information to would be the writers/creators, not the actors, at least not yet.

Alfie Allen said something like R+L=J in an interview. I think he got that info after Martin lost a bet on football or something. But actually, Sean Bean said in an interview he thought R+L=J too.

Alfie Allen said in an interview that GRRM told him who Jon's mother was, and it was like a Luke Skywalker situation. So I'm guessing R + L = J is true, if Alfie was telling the truth.

You know, whatever George R. R. Martin does, I'm in. Because he has created the best literature of the world. Will i be heartened, disappointed, bereaved, hopeful? yeah. he's going to give it all to us. because he is a GENIUS. and i put that in caps. he is a GENIUS.

Archived