Bran, the King in the North?

Apple the Great

For those who say Rickon will not be main character in the future.... are you kidding? Davos is sent to bring Rickon back, who is under the safetly of Osha and Shaggydog who are both VERY capable.

Bran is now permanently a tree, as BR's fate was. He can still accomplish things via warging etc. but "there must always be a stark in winterfell". Jon being legitimized might never come to fruition thanks to the RW, and when, as we all would like to believe, Jon is resurrected, he will probably find out his true lineage.

Robb sent for Howland Reed, the only person who knows Jon's true parentage (in theory, yes... He is the ONLY surviving person from the Tower of Joy and who saw Lyanna alive). My guess is that Howland Reed's forthcoming will reveal R+L=J, or maybe Bran has already figured that out as well, being able to traverse time.

Possible/Known Targ bloodlines: Dany, Jon and Tyrion. Those are probably your 3 dragon riders.

Sorry I forgot my main point... all in all, Rickon is mostly likely the next KITN.

Robb - Headless Wolfsman

Jon - Not a Stark/possible Targ

Bran - Bonsai-status

Rickon - Skagos-chillin, possibly enjoying cannibalistic kabobs

Arya - Faceless (wo)man

Sansa - Evil witch of the vale, with evil Lord LF, raising evil Robyn, who will be more evil being disappointed that Sansa is not producing milk

I'm so confused by everyone assuming that Bran has to stay up North.... Bloodraven was a "traveling" Greenseer before he became too old and had to use the weirwoods to stay alive.... That's their purpose with him. Not with Bran... Bran is afraid of becoming like Bloodraven, yes, but no where... not once... does GRRM say that Bran will have to stay North of the Wall... Or that he will have to become like Bloodraven... Not once. He doesn't even hint that he will have to stay North.... He still has his companions with him as well... What are they gonna do, stay there with him. You really think Meira and hodor are going to leave him up there when they head back South... It does not make sense for GRRM to leave Bran in the North... Matter a fact... that would be a really shitty and boring story line even if he could warg from a distance. A really boring story line.. and as we know, GRRM is anything, but boring.

If Jon Snow is still alive, or is brought back to life, let's be clear, he's totally ditching the nights watch. Would you ever stay after people did something like that to you?

It's just not a sensible scenario for him to come back and resume his duties. Thi about this, no one even tried to talk him out of going to save fArya. They just went up to him and BLAM! Stabbed him in COLD BLOOD.

Here's something to chew on.

Bran the builder(at least we can assume it's him), in the artwork of the world book is being carried by men on a litter...

Here's something to chew on.

Bran the builder(at least we can assume it's him), in the artwork of the world book is being carried by men on a litter...

Where is this in the book? What section

If Jon Snow is still alive, or is brought back to life, let's be clear, he's totally ditching the nights watch. Would you ever stay after people did something like that to you?

Not so sure it's about what you want....but is one legally bound to your vows after what's happened.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I don't agree. Sam's father did what he did because he didn't want Sam's mother to find out. The options were : you go to the wall, or we go hunting, I have you killed, and tell your mother how sad it was when you were killed buy whatever. IMO he could have written such a will, but he hated his son so much for not being a soldier and being too girly that he wanted him out of the picture for good.

I often wonder why Randall didn't send Sam to the Citadell rather than the wall.It would have made more sense, suited Sam better, and served the same porpose. They

In the end though, nothing really makes a difference if the claimant has enough swords at his back. Look at the Blackfyre rebellions. Didn't the king legitamize his bastards and name them heir?

Even Lady Catelyn Stark fears Jon Snow threatening the claims of her children.

I don't know what would or will come of Robb naming Jon his heir especially now. Jon's "watch has ended" so to speak, so if he comes back, he may be able to step into that role, but I don't think he would deny Bran so long as he knew the boy was alive.

I often wonder why Randall didn't send Sam to the Citadell rather than the wall.It would have made more sense, suited Sam better, and served the same porpose.

Maybe because
a, as a maester, though you supposedly leave behind your former house you can still come back, and being more certain of yorself, maybe even talk about past conversations, while as a man of the NW, you most probably stay in the north and
b, he didn't know his son well enough to even imagine he would be accepted at the Citadell, while he must have known that the NW accepts anybody, also thinking that Sam would be killed soon enough (as he had no martial prowess at all), while that would be unlikely in the Citadell.
c, he might even have just thougt that being a black brother was a bit more prestigious than being a maester so more acceptable either to Sam or Sam's mother or to Randyll's men.

Or, all of the above in some degree :)

Archived