The Next Dead Stark

TheWOLFbeyondTHEwall

I'm thinking the Stark Slaughter is over now.

Bring on the Lannister lashings or Tyrell torture.

Agreed since Stark deaths have been a bit too much for more I guess, it seems like in the future books, characters from other major houses will start hitting the graves. I honestly think that none of the remaining Starks will die however not all will get the opportunity to get revenge for their dead loved ones since they have very different paths awaiting them.

Well when I joined the forums a couple months ago, there was a "Sansa hate" thread started at least once a week....now I haven't see one for quite a long time now.

These days my cell phone is synchronized:

Monday: why is Aegon fake?

Tuesday: xxxx is secret targ.

Wednesday: Jon burned his hand so he can't be a Targ

Thursday: Will Stannis yield to....

Friday: Ned/Syrio/Robb/etc is alive and hiding in....

Those Ned/Syrio/Robb/ is alive threads just make me want to puke. :drunk:

:agree: So true

By the end of the series, I see Arya, Sansa, Bran and Rickon all alive and well. Only one with any real chances of dying (and staying dead) is Jon Snow, who may die in battle against the Others.

Also, Lady Stoneheart will probably die, and Benjen is likely already dead (various theories notwithstanding)

Well when I joined the forums a couple months ago, there was a "Sansa hate" thread started at least once a week....now I haven't see one for quite a long time now.

LOL

Bran: i stil hope he leaves that hole and came to Winterfell, turn to be the next Warden of the North, marries Meera and adopt some child. //Pray intensely before the heartree in Winterfell godswood for that to happen.

Rickon: start the House Dreadstark, after justice being dealed to the Boltons, and he receives the Dreadfort.

Sansa: Sansa find someone that loves her for what she is, and marrie swith that person living hapilly.

Arya: After starting the training has a murderer with the FM, im afraid that she is the doomed Stark.

I don't exactly understand why people rave about the oh-so-many Stark deaths. Currently TWO Starks are dead. Two Martells, two Baratheons, two Tullies THREE Lannisters... why is the number of Stark deaths so very unsettling?

Three Starks (LS in not what someone could call alive...) Its because the Starks lost everything without taking part at the Game of Thrones and when they had to participate they had to defend themselves not to attack to others.

I don't exactly understand why people rave about the oh-so-many Stark deaths. Currently TWO Starks are dead. Two Martells, two Baratheons, two Tullies THREE Lannisters... why is the number of Stark deaths so very unsettling?

It's important to Stark fans and considered more tragic because the Starks were there from the beginning, the first house we're exposed to. Only three Starks are dead (I consider Catelyn dead), but they've also lost their ancestral home (that they've held for 8000 years), their ancestral sword and they've been betrayed on many an occasion. So one more Stark death is that much more tragic.

If only there were only 2 dead Starks:

1) Ned

2) Robb

3) Benjen (probably dead)

4) Jon (confirmed dead. Whether he will stay dead is another matter)

5) Catelyn (zombie)

Besides, it's natural to feel upset mad about Stark deaths. They are first characters introduced, most of them being good-natured and hnourable. They're sympathetic and easy to connect to. Simply put - they are token heroes of the story.

The question is who?

Not Sansa or Arya. They're major female characters GRRM likes; therefore, they are safe from any serious harm.

Bran, already a cripple, is similarly off limits.

Rickon: A boring character, and male, so if another Stark is going to die, I imagine it will be him.

Not Sansa or Arya. They're major female characters GRRM likes; therefore, they are safe from any serious harm.

Bran, already a cripple, is similarly off limits.

Rickon: A boring character, and male, so if another Stark is going to die, I imagine it will be him.

Actually I'd say Rickon is the least likely of the Starks to die. Also, it's hard to call a character that is three years old when introduced and very little screentime "boring."

If any Stark is to receive Winterfell at the end, it's Rickon.

The mods have a ban in place on hate threads, one of the best decisions ever IMO.

It's not just the number of Stark deaths, it's everything added up together:

1. Ned is killed in front of his daughters after the agreement to take the black just because of Joff and LF

2. Robb isn't just killed, he's murdered under guest right and then has his head chopped off and replaced with the head of Grey Wind.

3. Catelyn is killed but first has to see what she believes is her last remaining child killed in front of her. Then, she's dumped naked in a river in an obvious mockery of Tully funeral rights.

4. Jon was attacked by his own men and may or many not be dead, we won't officially know for years.

5. Bejen has been missing for years now, in service to the NW.

6. Ned lost his father, brother, and sister in RR and we saw how much of an impact that had on him.

7. Sansa was left alone in KL where she was beaten regularly and subject to abuse in all forms.

7. Bran was shoved off a tower in a murder attempt that left him without the use of his legs, destroying many of his hopes and dreams.

9. Arya was witness to horrors and violence, almost killed, and beaten. Then, she got so close to her mother at the RW and all hopes dashed.

10. Rickon was left childless while practically still a baby and who knows what he has been through.

Unlike the Baratheon, Lannister, or Martell families, the Starks weren't involved in some grand scheming for revenge, starting wars over family pride, or willing to kill siblings to get the throne.

And to answer the OP, I fall in the no more dead Starks camp. I prefer not to think about which of them might die next.

Winter is Coming to the South, Stannis and Jon Stark shall make sure of that.

:agree:

Don't worry, Dany's bringing her fire and blood west to give them a warm welcome.

We shall fight Daenerys on the seas and oceans, we shall fight her on the beaches, we shall fight her on the landing grounds, we shall fight her in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight her in the hills; we shall never surrender!

Archived