The Next Dead Stark

TheWOLFbeyondTHEwall

I also think that if another Stark dies it will be Arya (not before ADOS though). I always thought that talk of her being GRRM wife's favorite and her threatening him with the couch in case of death was not so much reassurance than foreshadowing, to be honest.

Could be even that Arya is the one to save her sister in the end, and wills Nymeria over to her before she dies. I think one more Stark kid has to die, because two of the direwolfs are dead already. Sansa would be a bit too obvious I think.

Well if she is the lone wolf I think if she dies it won't be saving someone else. She dies away from the pack.

I don't think she'll give up Nymeria considering she feels guilt over driving her away. She won't do it again. Sansa I don't think would be able to handle a feral wolf who possibly eats babies and terrorizes people. The connection also influences the warg and since already is a killer it makes sense for them to stay connected.

Could be even that Arya is the one to save her sister in the end, and wills Nymeria over to her before she dies.

Oh, hale no. Arya not only dies to save Sansa but Sansa gets her direwolf, too, after Arya wills Nymeria to her with her blessing? Screw that noise.

Sansa- My personal favorite for the next stark to peace out. Has a few skills at court but the only stark who hasn't caught a body yet. partly responsible for ned's death and the most boring POV

More boring than Brienne's? Harsh.

Sansa hasn't done anything super amazing in a flashy, obvious way yet like Robb did with his early successes in battle, Jon with being named Lord Commander, etc.--although I'd argue just staying alive and in one piece is pretty super amazing in of itself--but I think the reason for that is that GRRM is biding his time so that we'll all be completely taken by surprise when Sansa comes out swinging. For that reason, I think she can't die yet. I don't know whether she'll live any longer once she's served her purpose and done this super amazing thing, though; that seems to be up for debate.

Arya- Does her obsession with those who have wronged her family put her at a disadvantage?

It seems an unwritten rule in ASOIAF that revenge is a dangerous thing and those consumed by it pay a very steep price. However, Arya seems less obsessed with revenge these days and more focused on gaining power and control over her own life.

I would hate to see any Starks dead personally even Sansa whom I can't seem to forgive even after everything ........ But if there were to be a stark death coming up I would say maybe Bran , but in a spiritual like way or maybe coming back as a ghost like being ........ Which will maybe lead to him becoming the wolf that flies ( massive crack theory I know )

I am almost sure another Stark will die, but probably toward the end of the books. This is my list from most likely to die, to least

1 Jon

2 Arya

3 Bran

4 Rickon

5 Sansa

I can't see a situation where Sansa's death would make any sense. Why would someone kill her?? when they could just as easy use her (Cersei's not getting her hands on Sansa). So, she won't be killed, and she's not the self sacrificing type. Maybe she could be, but I can't imagine a situation where she would need to make such a gesture...

Of all of the starks, I think Sansa is the most expendable. But this does not help me in figuring out which stark will die next. Sorry. I hope they all live.

But since this is a GRRM book, it's more than likely one will die next book. I think it'll be either Sansa or Arya.

Wrong! she was trained in the art of Lady ship a dutiful wife of a great lord who must take his side no matter what.

The grown ups around her failed her in the fact , A: she is to be a lady of a great house she wasn't taught politics and in that regard as soon as it was known that she was to be Joffery's possible future Queen Ned, and Cat should have told Septa and Maester to give her a course in politics in general and Southern politics with emphasis.

B: They were going into a dangerous place and Ned failed to convey that message to her, he somehow was able to tell Arya, why not your eldest daughter especially with the knowledge she is used to forge alliances.

honestly, Could you have seen any of her younger siblings, like Arya or Bran snitching?

How is Sansa 'partly responsible' for Ned's death? Also, if you think her chapters are boring, then you are dense.

Pretty simple as a matter of fact, shes not completely responsible, she didn't swing the sword, she didnt give the command, and she didnt have him captured, BUT she did tell Cersei of his plans, thus making her partly responsible, If you think her chapters are thrilling then you must be a bore. She has no wolf. There is something about a warg dream that completes a Stark chapter. I dont think anyone can argue that she is a little more Tully than any of her siblings. Just to clarify, her chapters are the most boring in relation to any of the Starks.

Pretty simple as a matter of fact, shes not completely responsible, she didn't swing the sword, she didnt give the command, and she didnt have him captured, BUT she did tell Cersei of his plans, thus making her partly responsible, If you think her chapters are thrilling then you must be a bore. She has no wolf. There is something about a warg dream that completes a Stark chapter. I dont think anyone can argue that she is a little more Tully than any of her siblings. Just to clarify, her chapters are the most boring in relation to any of the Starks.

I'd argue that. :cool4: I can see where ur coming from but I'd have to disagree. Sansa is just as devoted to the old gods as any of them, she goes to the godswood nearly every day I believe (at least a lot), also she actually thinks a lot about Winterfell and the North (probably just as much as any of her displaced siblings), and she takes all her strength from her upbringing in the North, so despite the fact that she wants to be a lady and looks like a Tully, she is very much a Stark.

her chapters are the most boring in relation to any of the Starks.

Really? She was pretty much in the thick of things along with Tyrion and later Cercei in KL politics, besides being in constant danger. If you think about it Bran for example as a lot less to worry about most of the time, and a lot less stuff is going on. It's basically Frodo+Sam 2.0 wandering around the countryside most of the time.

Now Sansa is taking Machiavelli 101 classes from our buddy LF and that has my interest peaked at any rate.

Really? She was pretty much in the thick of things along with Tyrion and later Cercei in KL politics, besides being in constant danger. If you think about it Bran for example as a lot less to worry about most of the time, and a lot less stuff is going on. It's basically Frodo+Sam 2.0 wandering around the countryside most of the time.

Now Sansa is taking Machievelli 101 classes from our buddy LF and that has my interest peaked at any rate.

Yeah, Sansa isn't actually DOING anything but she's right there in the middle of everything, learning. Hopefully. Her chapters seem boring because you don't actually see her doing much. Still seeing King Landing change through her eyes from a cool important place to a place she can't wait to get out of is pretty telling about how much she's matured. I don't think Sansa dies at all. I think she goes back North with the remaining Starks and becomes a sort of Queen of Thornes 2.0

Sansa seems to be surviving so if GRRM wants to surprise the reader that's the one to go for. It will be a bit like Robb managing well for a while then the whole thing falling to pieces. I see Arya dying in battle rather than just falling by the sidelines so I would guess if she dies it will be later.

Sansa's chapters are not boring. Clearly, GRRM has created something for everyone so a whole bunch of demographic/reading taste groups are finding themselves reading the same book and some of them are outraged at being exposed to other tastes/storylines/genre influences.

Now Sansa is taking Machiavelli 101 classes from our buddy LF and that has my interest peaked at any rate.

Yea your right, Bran isn't doing much aside from learning how to project his soul into the bodies of other living things, following a white walker through the north, and discovering a legendary Targaryen bastard who happens to see everything that EVER happened because he became a Tree. not too interesting.

The Sansa love fest is cool. But i dont care about her plot. Do you really think that Sansa and some random kid from the Vale are going to inherit Winterfell? NO. Little Finger is a sneaky coward who went from leech to lord because he happened to stick to a family that now are almost all dead. Yea, thats who i want a Stark of Winterfell modeling themselves after. I hated her ditsy, love is supposed to be perfect and heroic attitude for the first 4 books. And dont give me that shes a kid stuff. Her younger brother and sister are not that way. as a matter of fact her sister is a cold blooded killer, her brother is learning ancient magic, and Jon Snow is most likely the second coming of azor azai who has returned to destroy the others. So yea out of the Starks her chapters are the most boring

I think it will be Sansa :(

I'm sorry I'm typing this off the top if my head

(Name of the old crone??)

Arya chapter(can't remember which book)

Arya was with BWB when they came across an old crone on the hill. The crone told Arya that she had a dream of a maid with purple serpents in her hair (purple wedding=poison was in Sansas hairnet). Then she the crone said "I also dreamed the same maid killing the giant at the snow castle"

In Sansa chapter (don't know which book)

She built a snow castle of Winterfell and along came sweet robin, pretending to be a giant started destroying the snow castle

If Sansa is to really (hope she doesn't) kill Robert Arryn, than that'll make her a Kinslayer. You do the math

Sorry about not remembering which books and chapters

Are any of you going to shed a tear if Rickon dies? I know I won't. The kid is almost nothing to me, as Martin has made sure. His death would accomplish very little. My money is on Sansa. A sudden and unexpected dagger through her heart would be emotionally resonating, and without any messy cleanup. Jon's death leaves no adult Stark left to fight against the others. Sansa, for all her loss, is still very much a silly little girl. She's passive and boring, and a pawn of Littlefinger besides. She brings nothing to the table and is ripe for reaping.

And she needs to pay for killing her father.

Flip a coin.... unicorns or cannibals?

Who's next for the great big ice cell?

Tough call... Each of the remaining Starks are either important in a world view or important in a house view.

Bran is hidden away like noone else on the planet - I imagine he's doing his 'Greenseer apprenticeship' for a reason.

Sansa I think is being groomed in the fine art of political skulduggery - something the Starks don't have (and need).

Arya - well what's the point of political skullduggery if you don't have spies and assassins?.... 'the wolfspider' lol.

And little lost Rick... alas I barely know you. It has me torn over if I REALLY G.A.F. about him and being curious as to W.T.F. he's been doing.. either way having a 'sekrat stark' to whip out as a spare heir could also be useful seeings how the house has been going.

The Lannisters aren't doing all that well either - though they seem to err on the mutilation side more.

Maybe we're just seeing a 'spring cleaning' of Westeros.

I think Jon will most likely die after kicking ass and taking names, etc. Maybe Arya, but not until the last book. The rest, no.

And yes, I may be the only person, but I will shed some major tears if Rickon dies. I love that little rascal.

PS: Sansa deserves better than this!!!

Archived