NFL 2012 Superbowl week: PREPARE FOR HARBAUGHGEDDON

Kalbear

Continue from here!

I'm also expecting the Jets owner to start playing the nWa music any second now and reveal himself to be a secret player on the Patriots. It's the only explanation for wanting to trade one of the 10 best players in the league, currently.

I think it makes sense. He's coming into the last year of his contract, can't be franchised/transitioned and they currently have no money left due to one of the worst contracts in history. They have no offensive talent and the defense still had a top 2 pass defense in the league without him. If they can't afford to keep him, why not get something for him that will help them rebuild once they get away from this Sanchez contract?

What didn't happen with the Brady kick that happened during the Suh kick was Phil Simms didn't spend 20 minutes whining about it and drawing up markers on slow motion replay. The violation was very comparable though and Suh got a 50k fine, while Godell just basically stopped fellating Brady for a moment to reach in his back pocket for some pocket change.

BTW, just want to point out there was one trade in the 2011 draft that made all this possible. SF traded up from the 45th pick to the 36th pick with Denver to select Colin Kaepernick. They obviously felt like he wasn't going to be there at #45 and made sure they'd get him.

What'd Denver get with the 45th pick? Rahim Moore.

So basically, the fact we have Baltimore-SF in the Superbowl and not two completely different teams is entirely due to that trade.

What didn't happen with the Brady kick that happened during the Suh kick was Phil Simms didn't spend 20 minutes whining about it and drawing up markers on slow motion replay. The violation was very comparable though and Suh got a 50k fine, while Godell just basically stopped fellating Brady for a moment to reach in his back pocket for some pocket change.

How many times before has Brady intentionally tried to injure someone? If Brady stomps on someones head next year and gets a minimal fine, you might be closing in on a valid point.

Interesting chart here on the youngest/oldest teams in the league based on snaps.

• It's scary that Seattle is the 2nd youngest team in the league.
  • Bengals have the youngest offense in the league which explains their inconsistency.
  • SD is the second oldest team in the league and bad; that's not a great sign for them.
  • Atlanta, surprisingly, is the oldest team so not sure how long their window is. Same with Baltimore/Pittsburgh.
  • GB being so young is also scary for the NFC.
  • Biggest surprise has to be Detroit being the 3rd oldest with all their youth on offense.

Interesting stuff.

BTW, just want to point out there was one trade in the 2011 draft that made all this possible. SF traded up from the 45th pick to the 36th pick with Denver to select Colin Kaepernick. They obviously felt like he wasn't going to be there at #45 and made sure they'd get him.

Mind. Blown.

Mexal - a bit of context here; while Seattle is the second youngest and Atlanta is the oldest, the difference is all of 2.2 years between them. It's not so telling. It's not surprising that Seattle is so young, however. It'll be interesting to see what happens with resigning so many of those young players, but for now they're in salary cap heaven.

So basically, the fact we have Baltimore-SF in the Superbowl and not two completely different teams is entirely due to that trade.

I also enjoyed the story today that Luck essentially pointed Kaepernick out to Harbaugh, who then proceeded to go to the pros and draft him. I guess he has a career lined up if that QB thing doesn't work out.

I also enjoyed the story today that Luck essentially pointed Kaepernick out to Harbaugh, who then proceeded to go to the pros and draft him. I guess he has a career lined up if that QB thing doesn't work out.

Is it sad that he's already a better talent evaluator than the entire Jaguars organization? I do enjoy the fact that Luck has a better read on a guy that he attended the Manning QB camp with than Gene Smith does after an intensive 4 month draft evaluation process.

We're still talking about the kick. Amazing.

Yep. Several boarders here commented in the game day thread and the announcers replayed and discussed the "slide kick" on air. ESPN manufactured outrage my butt.

Bullshit. Nobody said a thing until they replayed it. The replay happened and suddenly it was a thing... for like 12 seconds, Even on this board (which, because I know live people watched the game NOT in front of my computer) it was nothing, replay, nothing again. And it didn't resurface until ESPN needed something to write about. Remember- it will be like 10 days before the Superbowl. Gotta make content. Not Ray Lewis' problems with the law; not Suggs' problems with the law. No. Brady kicking.

We're still talking about the kick. Amazing.

Bullshit. Nobody said a thing until they replayed it.

Wrong. My reaction in real time was "What happened with Brady's leg?. It looked weird". That I said it to my brother just means you didn't know about it. Then with the replay I thought "The NFL will have something to say about that. Less than it would if it weren't Tom Effin' Brady, but something".

I am somebody and I said a thing. You can't make me nobody.

+1 Kalbear on thread title. Not quite LOL worthy but LIH (inside head) for sure.

Kaepernick got on my radar by totally dismantling Cal his senior season. It was the best performance I saw by a QB against Cal in the past five years, maybe longer. He flashed both the legs and the arm that day, plus the decision making was spot on. I am pretty sure that would have been the first game tape that anyone would have looked at - Kaep vs. a Pac 12 team. And a man crush would inevitably have followed.

Mexal - a bit of context here; while Seattle is the second youngest and Atlanta is the oldest, the difference is all of 2.2 years between them. It's not so telling. It's not surprising that Seattle is so young, however. It'll be interesting to see what happens with resigning so many of those young players, but for now they're in salary cap heaven.

2.2 years is a lifetime in the NFL. It's the difference between a few more players being over 30 and potentially slowing down and a few more players on the younger teams having limited to no experience.

Sean Payton's first day back on the job, and he fires Spagnuolo, who liked to run a 4-3 defense. Peyton has decided to run a 3-4 defense, not a huge surprise given that a 3-4 defense is probably the most disruptive in The NFL; the best defense in Saints' history was the 3-4 featuring the Dome Patrol; the Saints' offense has had considerable difficulty overcoming a 3-4 defense in recent years; a 3-4 defense may be a better fit for many of the young Saints players, including pass rushers Junior Galette and Martez Wilson; and the 3-4 defense fits better with smaller pass rushers coming out of the college ranks.

Finding a defensive coach may prove difficult, since most of the best ones have jobs right now. Names being mentioned are Romeo Crennel and Winston Moss. Name not being mentioned...Gregg Williams.

Or something... :leaving:

I have no idea why you spelled my name backwards, though. It's clearly niviS, though this Sivin character sounds like quite a guy.

What are you gonna do when you're out of Sivin anagrams? Does the account blow up?

Archived