If Aegon has really takin Storms End...

Jon Icefyre

The Vale is really far away from Storm's End, so I think it unlikely that it is Aegon's next target.

I am not sure of Aegon's views on the Vale. Jon Arryn is dead, his heir young and ill. The Vale stayed out of the civil wars after Jon Arryn died, so he may well expect the Vale to stay neutral while he deals with the Lannisters and Tyrells. Does Aegon believe that the Vale stayed neutral because it was being led by a crazy woman after Jon Arryn's death? Or does he suspect that they are trying to separate themselves from the current holder of the Iron Throne? If it is the latter, the Vale might be a potential ally rather than a target.

In which case making contact with the Vale might have high priority. Aegon is looking for allies, after all.

The Vale is really far away from Storm's End, so I think it unlikely that it is Aegon's next target.

I am not sure of Aegon's views on the Vale. Jon Arryn is dead, his heir young and ill. The Vale stayed out of the civil wars after Jon Arryn died, so he may well expect the Vale to stay neutral while he deals with the Lannisters and Tyrells. Does Aegon believe that the Vale stayed neutral because it was being led by a crazy woman after Jon Arryn's death? Or does he suspect that they are trying to separate themselves from the current holder of the Iron Throne? If it is the latter, the Vale might be a potential ally rather than a target.

In which case making contact with the Vale might have high priority. Aegon is looking for allies, after all.

Given Jon Conns letter to Dorne I really don't think it was his only letter, I think letters to the Vale, Reach, and Iron Isles should have been forthcoming. But that is given the readers knowledge. WIth just Jon Cons knowledge, I'd only send letter to the Reach and Dorne until Peter Baelish contacted me himself.

If he does make a marriage pact with the Dornish, would he marry Arianne? And what happens with Myrcella then?

He won't marry anyone. JonCon is dying of grayscale and doesn't want anyone to know. Also, Arianne's chapter all but confirmed he is gay. He will most likely march on Highgarden as a way to entice the Dornish lords and to take advantage of the fact the Tyrell host is in KL with Randyll Tarly, the real threat, and Mace Tyrell.

Some of those guys in the Golden Company supposedly still have friends in the Reach, so convincing some of those lords to join Aegon might not be that hard. The Reach was also the last kingdom to surrender at the end of Robert's Rebellion, so it's possible that there are a significant number of loyalist houses that will jump at the chance to support another dragon and quit having to kiss Lannister ass.

These are all very good point. I completely forgot about the Hightowers part to play in all this. I mean they're as rich as the Lannisters and have more men than any of the other Tyrell bannermen, plus they control the second largest city in the seven kingdoms(Old Town). Aegon doesn't need to marry Arianne he'll get Doran's support because he's his nephew regardless of marriage. The Hightowers were always huge supporters of the Targs so I think you marry Aegon to a Hightower like the Targs have done in the past, take the reach, and perhaps even name the Hightowers Overlords of the Reach and Warden of the South. I remember one of the Golden Company members in ADWD talking about how they still had friends in the Reach, and the Tyrell's hold over the Reach is not as strong as they think. Could they have been talking about the Hightowers?

Wouldn't Oldtown be more likely to side with the Tyrells, considering Mace is married to Alerie Hightower?

Wouldn't Oldtown be more likely to side with the Tyrells, considering Mace is married to Alerie Hightower?

I see your point but not necessarily, Lord Walder Frey originally gave his support to Robb Stark and rebelled against the Lannisters even though his son Emmon Frey was married to Tywin Lannisters sister Genna Lannister and they gave him grandkids and great grandkids. Like lord Walder, lord Hightower also has a lot of descendents(though not as many as Walder but more than most) so it might not be as big of an issue as it would be to a smaller family. Plus the Hightowers have been known to put their family on both sides of wars so that one way or another they come out on the winning side like in the first Blackfyre rebellion for example.

Given Jon Conns letter to Dorne I really don't think it was his only letter, I think letters to the Vale, Reach, and Iron Isles should have been forthcoming. But that is given the readers knowledge. WIth just Jon Cons knowledge, I'd only send letter to the Reach and Dorne until Peter Baelish contacted me himself.

He doesn't send any letters to Dorne, the Reach, or the Vale. He is sending letters to people who may be willing to support him, like Doran Martell. With the knowledge that Jon Connington has of the Vale staying neutral in the civil wars, he might very well try to find out more. I don't think he would write to Littlefinger, though - he doesn't know him. He may very well contact some older Vale lords, though. If that contact goes well, he might contact Littlefinger through them. Or try and appoint a different guardian for Robert Arryn.

I see your point but not necessarily, Lord Walder Frey originally gave his support to Robb Stark and rebelled against the Lannisters even though his son Emmon Frey was married to Tywin Lannisters sister Genna Lannister and they gave him grandkids and great grandkids. Like lord Walder, lord Hightower also has a lot of descendents(though not as many as Walder but more than most) so it might not be as big of an issue as it would be to a smaller family. Plus the Hightowers have been known to put their family on both sides of wars so that one way or another they come out on the winning side like in the first Blackfyre rebellion for example.

Did they put their family on both sides of wars? Or did different branches decide to back different sides? I think it is the latter. Different branches of House Hightower will think of their own interests first, not of the interests of Alerie Hightower or the Lord of Oldtown. Alerie's children are not even Hightowers. That doesn't invalidate your point, of course - they will side as they see fit.

Did they put their family on both sides of wars? Or did different branches decide to back different sides? I think it is the latter. Different branches of House Hightower will think of their own interests first, not of the interests of Alerie Hightower or the Lord of Oldtown. Alerie's children are not even Hightowers. That doesn't invalidate your point, of course - they will side as they see fit.

well I remember that it was emphasized that the Hightowers were on both sides of the Blackfyre rebellion because their intent was to be on the winning side regardless of the outcome. But I see your point it could really go either way, I just think it might be a possibility that's all.

The hightowers are the key to the reach, they have had very little to do since the beginning of the series but time and again throughout the history of westeros they have been the tipping point.

If Aegon is well advised, pushing the iron born from the shields and defending old town should be his first port of call with the GC.

Allow Dornish forces through the princes pass to occupie the Stormlands defensively and to hold mace tyrell and Randall target in check while a splinter forces led by Adrianne goes too Highgarden to talk with Willas who can in turn convince his father(if he lives through Varys and his birds imminate killing spree) to back

The less actual fighting he does the more chance he has of ascending IMO.

The Dragon has 3 heads so that means Aegon can have more then one wife so he can marry Arianne now and wait for Dany till after. What i think he will do is ally with Dorne get his " Friends " from the Reach in on the act and then take the rest of the Reach and everything culminates in a siege of KL

The Dragon has 3 heads so that means Aegon can have more then one wife so he can marry Arianne now and wait for Dany till after.

It doesn't matter how many heads the dragon has: Dorne will not sign a marriage agreement allowing Aegon to marry other wives as he pleases.

Anyway, Dany already has a husband. If you really think the dragon needs three heads, there is no place for Arianne.

Doran wants a marriage and a child attached to the Iron Throne, hence his fixing up Arianne with Viserys and later Quentyn with Daenerys.

Yes, he does. So what? Doran is in no position to push for a marriage. The Dornish population pushes for an alliance with his nephew, Princess Elia's son. The Dornish might support Aegon even if Doran doesn't. That would show how weak the Prince of Dorne really is.

Neither Viserys and Arianne could expect Dornish support unless they were willing to pay for it. Aegon can expect it - only Arianne and Trystane are higher up in the succession to Dorne than he is himself.

Yes, he does. So what? Doran is in no position to push for a marriage. The Dornish population pushes for an alliance with his nephew, Princess Elia's son. The Dornish might support Aegon even if Doran doesn't. That would show how weak the Prince of Dorne really is.

Neither Viserys and Arianne could expect Dornish support unless they were willing to pay for it. Aegon can expect it - only Arianne and Trystane are higher up in the succession to Dorne than he is himself.

Doran is in every position to demand marriage. Dorne will not rebel against Doran for the supposed nephew long thought dead. They'll think the same questions Arianne and Doran will, if you want an alliance with Dorne why would you decline our princess? Which enemy of ours do you intend to give a crown?

I expect there to be some trickery. Storm's End was probably not taken by force, it was probably taken by tricking the people holding it into thinking they're Stannis's sellswords. Dorne has Marcella and they're allegedly on the throne's side. Aegon will be able to use this to his advantage.

Having said that, Ser Loras is at Dragonstone which is pretty close to Storm's End...

Ramsay Bolton's letter has arrived at the wall and Jon is incapacitated or dead. News of Stannis Baratheon's death will travel fast. Storms End may decide that Shireen is not worth it and throw in with Connington since he was once briefly their overlord.

Aegon has no dragons. He can take more than one wife because he's a Targaryen.

I was actually referring to Dany's dragons which means Aegon marries Arianne now and Dany when she arrives but seeing as he can marry more then once anyway my point is still invalid.

It's still what i expect him to do

With Storm's End falling to him, this will spread far and wide. He needs allies and fast. The Tyrells have the Iron Born in the Reach, Margeary's trial and a possible war with the Lannisters to contend with. Dorne must be onboard asap in order for him to press to take the throne. The Vale is needed because of a fresh army. Moving fast will win him the throne, the more he delays and especially if he delays for Dany, he will lose everything.

Archived