Best laughs in the novels

First of My Name

If the TV show is fair game, then I am adding D & E. My laugh out loud moment was for sure:

"Look," said Ser Kyle the Cat. "The wedding pie."

Six kitchen boys were pushing it through the doors, upon a wide wheeled cart. The pie was brown and crusty and immense, and there were noises coming from inside it, squeaks and squawks and thumps. Lord and Lady Butterwell descended from the dais to meet it, sword in hand. When they cut it open, half a hundred birds burst forth to fly around the hall. In other wedding feasts Dunk had attended, the pies had been filled with doves or songbirds, but inside this one were bluejays and skylarks, pigeons and doves, mockingbirds and nightingales, small brown sparrows and a great red parrot. "One-and-twenty sorts of birds," said Ser Kyle. "One-and-twenty sorts of bird droppings," said Ser Maynard.

"You have no poetry in your heart, ser."

"You have shit upon your shoulder."

"This is the proper way to fill a pie," Ser Kyle sniffed, cleaning off his tunic. "The pie is meant to be the marriage, and a true marriage has in it many sorts of things - joy and grief, pain and pleasure, love and lust and loyalty. So it is fitting that there be birds of many sorts. No man ever truly knows what a new wife will bring him."

"Her cunt," said Plumm, "or what would be the point?"

Most things Belwas or Vargo Hoat say is hilarious.

Victarion's Dothraki sea comment was also pretty funny, but as soon as that sailor called Vic a fool I literally gasped and was said "o shit that was a bad idea".

And not in the books, but Oberyn hitting on Loras in the last ep was hilarious.

Most things Belwas or Vargo Hoat say is hilarious.

Victarion's Dothraki sea comment was also pretty funny, but as soon as that sailor called Vic a fool I literally gasped and was said "o shit that was a bad idea".

And not in the books, but Oberyn hitting on Loras in the last ep was hilarious.

I liked the zinger Loras delivered to Ser Jamie.

And I have to admit I giggled at Viserys when he was offended by the Dothraki rags Dany gave him. The fact that he was in the middle of no where, with no money, no title, no real friends, and his life in danger...and he still manages to find time to be snobby outright pissed about the smell of manure. Not necessarily rofl funny, but funny considering his circumstances. As if being clean and pretty was a top priorty. It reflected his absurdness.

When Bran & Co. meet up with Sam and Gilly sticks out to me.

"We only called him that, Sam and me. His hands were cold as ice, but he saved us from the dead men, him and his ravens, and he brought us here on his elk."

"His elk?" said Bran, wonderstruck.

"His elk?" said Meera, startled.

"His ravens?" said Jojen.

"Hodor?" said Hodor.

"Was he green?" Bran wanted to know. "Did he have antlers?"

The fat man was confused. "The elk?"

"Coldhands!" said Bran impatiently.

:rofl:

Want to say that the whole Meereenese wedding ceremony in absolutely hilarious too :lol: There are some very funy lines about telling the women to go inspect each other and whatnot :p

Tormund explaining to Jon about why his daughter Munda likes her new husband: "Why do you think he is called Longspear Something? He doesn't fight with a spear, and never fought".

And Tormund teasing Jon about Ygritte was awesome. You could feel his embarassement.

Bran, after the Hornwood widow talks about dying under Manderly's weight, should they marry

"He knew married people sometimes slept on top of each other"

So damn adorable..

Doesnt ge thwn think something like it would be like sleepig under a whale? :p

He just admitted all his boasting was bullshit, and at the same time called out Ramsay on his bullshit too. Othell Yarwyck making the suggestion that Tormund save all the wildlings at Hardhomme with his member was humorous as well.

That was actually great, one the best lines in any of the books imo.

I have to admit, Joffrey's bullying of other characters makes me chuckle, it's so over the top and bad, I just can't help myself.

Victarion's PoV chapters are a gold mine too, for obvious reasons.

Otherwise, I don't really find any of the "funny" characters funny, though I sometimes laugh at Jaime and Tyrion's witticisms.

EDIT: Forgot about Renly, Renly was hilarious, and I pretty much enjoyed every single one of his quips.

Archived