Tyrion in the next books?

Xperte

I think George is going to need to up the pace a bit. A way he could do it is with Dany being away at the moment have Tyrion moves in. If he could convice Barriston the let him help. He could use his experience's from his stint as Hand to do so in some ways. Plus it would give him a more enjoyable POV as compared to his current one. Between Barriston, Jorah, and he I think they could easily take control of the situation. I know most people probably wouldn't like the idea, but come this slaver stuff has been drawn out long enough. It would also be nice to see Rhaegal have a Vic kabob.

I think the entire reason GRRM kept Dany in Mereen for so long was simply to give everyone that needs to be there time to get there. There is a high chance the Battle of Mereen will be well worth the wait.

King Tyrion of House Lannister (or is it Targaryen), first of his name, King of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm. And a dragon rider.

And I believe this would definitely fit the definition of a bittersweet ending...emphasis on the bitter.

I think George is going to need to up the pace a bit. A way he could do it is with Dany being away at the moment have Tyrion moves in. If he could convice Barriston the let him help. He could use his experience's from his stint as Hand to do so in some ways. Plus it would give him a more enjoyable POV as compared to his current one. Between Barriston, Jorah, and he I think they could easily take control of the situation. I know most people probably wouldn't like the idea, but come this slaver stuff has been drawn out long enough. It would also be nice to see Rhaegal have a Vic kabob.

I hope there's a Tyrion chapter where Dany grills him, and about 5 pages later she says, "Ok, you're a pretty sharp little guy, you can actually help me seize Westeros. Let's get the heck out of this hell-hole." Leaving any and all plots in Essos unresolved, because who really cares? Also, Jorah, you're way too old and hairy so just drop it already.

I think the entire reason GRRM kept Dany in Mereen for so long was simply to give everyone that needs to be there time to get there. There is a high chance the Battle of Mereen will be well worth the wait.

Agree. And get everyone in Westeros where they need to be for her arrival.

When Daario learns this, he'll cut Vic's head off. Dany will get the ships then and sail to Westeros.

Somehow I don't think Daario would find it so easy to take down Vic. Now if they killed each other...yes, I would be content with that.

Somehow I don't think Daario would find it so easy to take down Vic. Now if they killed each other...yes, I would be content with that.

An epic showdown between the two will be a fun thing to read. Unless the Harpy will kill Daario first, or Moqorro sacrifice Vic to R'hllor.

Tyrion will prove to be invaluable to Dany. He will get the Second Sons to switch sides. He is skilled at both court intrigues and at war strategy, and be Dany's Hand like his father was to her father. He will pick out the Harpy to Dany through a clever ploy like that with LF, Varys and Pycelle.

I would also like to see Barristan's reaction when Tyrion reveals the parentage of Cersei's children; Barristan will learn why Ned moved against Cersei. Barristan will doubtless feel some shame given the man he is. Dany is good at conquering, but a poor politician and administrator. Tyrion is exactly the kind of person she needs. Especially since he is no "yes man". Tyrion may even real the reasons for the rebellion like Lyanna being Robert's betrothed and the deaths of Ned's father and brother; having Dany learn that it wasn't the black and white story of the Usurper and his dogs. I also believe that Dany may take Tyrion for a ride on her dragon.

Tyrion will advise Dany to land her forces in the Vale as it is untouched and still at full strength, along with having good contact with the mountain clans, not revealing that he has a debt to pay there. I think his ship will be boarded by pirates on the way back to Westeros, led by the corsair king whom Tyrion recognizes as his long-lost uncle, Gerion. Gerion will aid Tyrion in his endeavor.

He will also prove to Mace Tyrell who the real fighting man is in battle. I would love to see Cersei's reaction hearing that Tyrion has arrived with three dragons and an army.

Finally, I think Tyrion will die in ADoS.

People who love their honor don't usually last in the series. Only the monsters remain...

:(

In the spirit of Tyrion, say that to Tywin Lannister

Tyrion will outsmart the Yunkishmen, most likely defeat them, and when Daenerys returns to Meereen, she'll find him seated on the Cushion Throne setting matters aright.

Barristan will probably die before Dany returns. She'll basically be indebted to Tyrion as I'm willing to bet he's going to basically save the day in such a fashion that she won't really be able to deny him.

Tyrion will prove to be invaluable to Dany. He will get the Second Sons to switch sides. He is skilled at both court intrigues and at war strategy, and be Dany's Hand like his father was to her father. He will pick out the Harpy to Dany through a clever ploy like that with LF, Varys and Pycelle.

I would also like to see Barristan's reaction when Tyrion reveals the parentage of Cersei's children; Barristan will learn why Ned moved against Cersei. Barristan will doubtless feel some shame given the man he is. Dany is good at conquering, but a poor politician and administrator. Tyrion is exactly the kind of person she needs. Especially since he is no "yes man". Tyrion may even real the reasons for the rebellion like Lyanna being Robert's betrothed and the deaths of Ned's father and brother; having Dany learn that it wasn't the black and white story of the Usurper and his dogs. I also believe that Dany may take Tyrion for a ride on her dragon.

Tyrion will advise Dany to land her forces in the Vale as it is untouched and still at full strength, along with having good contact with the mountain clans, not revealing that he has a debt to pay there. I think his ship will be boarded by pirates on the way back to Westeros, led by the corsair king whom Tyrion recognizes as his long-lost uncle, Gerion. Gerion will aid Tyrion in his endeavor.

He will also prove to Mace Tyrell who the real fighting man is in battle. I would love to see Cersei's reaction hearing that Tyrion has arrived with three dragons and an army.

I could see something along these lines (I'm iffy on Gerion, though, and I really hope "Dany may take Tyrion for a ride on her dragon" isn't some kind of double entendre). I said on another thread that the moment things start getting effortlessly easy for a character, it means it won't be too long before he or she's killed off. If Tyrion enjoys a meteoric rise to power and prominence as Dany's Hand in TWOW/ADOS, without suffering any major losses or setbacks, then I have every confidence that he won't live to see the end of the story. If he has to struggle and strive the whole way, if his promise of gold to the Second Sons proves a huge problem, or if Casterly Rock is somehow taken forever beyond his reach, then it becomes less clear.

Either way, if he does kick the bucket, he'll probably be killed off in the last half of ADOS. I do kind of like the idea of him surviving the series and being stuck with the unenviable task of cleaning up the mess he and all the game players have made of Westeros (him especially, if there's a second Dance of the Dragons he may have jumpstarted by persuading Aegon to go to Westeros), rather than just going off to his final repose after some suitably heroic or noble death without a care in the world. Screw that.

God, yes: two particularly obnoxious birds with one stone. Please make this happen, GRRM!

I'm gonna go against the grain a little here and say that Tyrion and Dany will not meet, at least not in Essos. I think Dany is going to be a little tardy in showing up to the battle of Meereen, so Tyrion will have to adjust his plans. I suspect he will outsmart Vic, get the dragon horn, tame a dragon (or two) which he then enlists the Second Sons to help him try and take back to Aegon in Westeros. I don't think Tyrion will ride a dragon, but I suspect he will learn how to pacify it enough to make it fit for transport. Probably via the Demon Road.

Even if the above is all wrong though, I still suspect Tyrion will be a serious pain in the ass for Vic. Foreshadowing for this? What was Vic plagued by on the voyage to Slaver's Bay? Monkeys. What is Tyrion? A twisted little monkey demon. I rest my case :)

Hopefully he dies early in TWoW. He got super boring after ASoS.

This was a neccessary part of Tyrion's storyline. You can't have a character always hitting highs. It is unrealistic and it detatches readers from him. You can't root for someone to pick themselves up off the canvas until they get knocked down. Some will root for Tyrion to get back up, while others root for him to stay down. The rich variety of opinions towards Tyrion makes the conversation about these books all the more interesting.

For all intents and purposes, I think Tyrion has already turned them. After all, there is no way for Tyrion to make good on his exorbitant promises of wealth to the company unless he somehow comes into possession of Casterly Rock. Is there realistically any way for that to happen that doesn't involve conquest? And it's hard to imagine the Sons doing it by themselves, without a larger invasion of Westeros by Daenerys.

There is no such thing as a loyal sellsword. Tyrion hasn't turned the second sons as much as the second sons bought themselves a hedge. Brown Ben Plumm knows what he has in the Yunkai'i slave armies and seems very unimpressed. Quickly turning coats for nothing could easily sour the entire Second Sons reputation, making their value in future services almost worthless. With Tyrion's promissary notes, all of the officers in the Second Sons can cash out if they feel they need to switch sides. A whole new officer corps can simply plead this action was a stain on the old officers' corps honor.

Basically the Second Sons are trying to set up a situation where they can say, "Heads I win, tails you lose."

Certainly possible the entire purpose of Vic was to deliver some ships to Dany, although he doesn't know it yet. :lol:

As far as I'm concerned, that's the ONLY purpose for Vic, and the sooner he turns into dragon kibble, the better. If he takes Tyrion with him, so much the better.

Launch an invasion of a mountainous country with its troops at full strength? While LF, who wants Tyrion dead, in charge? Don't know about that.

I hope so, he has to pay for killing Tywin -- would that be ironic, or something?

Tyrion will advise Dany to land her forces in the Vale as it is untouched and still at full strength
Launch an invasion of a mountainous country with its troops at full strength? While LF, who wants Tyrion dead, in charge? Don't know about that.

Yeah, I was a bit curious about that as well. Even if LF isn't in charge anymore, why attack the strongest, most stable region with resources and a fresh army? Makes no sense.

Archived